Chubb for Lindsay

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Chubb for Lindsay

Postby ajf235 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 pm
ajf235 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Yeah he was getting around 3 targets per game tbh I don't see him getting more as long as Duke is there one of the best receiving backs in the NFL.. You say he is a awesome pure runner and good OL but he got shut down vs good Ds , I think he was 77-270 vs top 15 Ds something like that.. And Lindsay had more YPC , With a new coach he will probably get even more carries next year.

idk maybe it's just me but I see 2 rookies that did almost the same last year so why would I add 2 early picks for him ? remember this is JMO :)
There’s no proof that Lindsay will get a lot of work next year with a new coaching staff considering he’s an UDFA and a new regime likely doesn’t feel much loyalty to him.

Chubb has way higher pedigree, was a stud in college and I’d imagine is more durable given his size. Plus he seems like a TD machine (I know they’re a crapshoot but some guys like DJ just have a nose for the endzone and that appears to be the case with Chubb). Plus, Cleveland’s offense looks like it has a more promising future than Denver’s meaning better gamescript.

I don’t think a Mark Ingram-like receiving workload is out of the question at all for Chubb, even when Duke is there. And it’s so clear the coaching staff and Mayfield want Chubb to be a three down stud, as evidenced by Baker’s own words (“he’s gotta get more catches to keep defenses honest”) and the fact that Kitchens kept him on the field WITH Duke on many snaps last year.

Give me the Chubb side over Lindsay in a heartbeat.
UDFA means nothing to me right now , When a guy has 5.4 ypc to the backup Freemans 4.0 ypc that tells me something , A new coach might use Lindsay more seeing how he was the much much better RB... Yes he is a little small to handle a full workload he seems more like a 225-250 carry , 70 targets type RB than a 300+ carry RB.

Chubb had 28 targets in 10 games as a starter 2.8 TPG that's really not a lot , He might get around 45 targets a year maybe 35 catches while Duke is there. Lindsay only had 47 on the year so not much better than Chubb but Booker might be released this year and his 50 targets.

I guess 1 year isn't enough to really go on we need more information and we need to see how the new Den. coach will use the RBs.

But I mean UDFA or 1st round pick if a guy can run he can run and will have a starting job in the NFL. We see 1st rounders bust all the time and we see 5th or later round players turn into stars.

By the way I'm not saying Lindsay is better or will be better than Chubb yet I'm just saying he is getting way to much love already. I really wanna see Chubb do good against all comp before I rank him with the top RBs.
Not saying Lindsay isn’t talented, he is. But when is the last time you saw a 190 lb RB consistently churn out 250+ carry seasons. Lindsay is def better than Royce but it wouldn’t surprise me if Royce at least maintains his 2018 workload just to keep Lindsay fresh.

Any additional receiving work Lindsay may get should be more than offset by Chubb’s TD upside. The guy just doesn’t seem to ever get stopped when given carries within 3 yards of the end zone.

I really don’t think it’s unreasonable in the slightest to project Chubb’s annual FLOOR (if healthy) at 1,200 rush yards, 30 receptions, 250 receiving yards and 10-15 TDs.

Lindsay needs to maintain his ridiculous efficiency and score more TDs to have that level of production consistently let alone as his floor.

Chubb may not be Bell in terms of receiving ability, but neither is Lindsay so I don’t think that debate is very worthwhile considering all the other factors favoring Chubb, who seems to be an absolute lock for 275+ touches every season at worst.

It’s also worth noting that RBs almost NEVER hit their ceiling as a receiver in their rookie year. Guys like Lynch, Gurley and Gore were nonfactors in their rookie year only to become key dogs in the short passing game later in their careers. Chubb already was on pace for about 275 receiving yards over a 16-game pace in his rookie year and his role as a receiver should only grow over the years.
Last edited by ajf235 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

character0
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby character0 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Agreed. I think Chubb looked great once he became the starter. I don’t think Denver is giving up on Freeman yet.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 am

Chubb looks great. Attached to a stud QB gives him a higher ceiling than Lindsay irrespective of physical talent, of which of course he has more. The one wildcard here is if Lindsay were to get full passing down duties. Ya know, it is possible he actually improves after his rookie season. There’s the draft capital thing, but that to some degree gets erased (it’s mostly psychological anyway) by him getting the pro bowl nod. He’s arguably the face of that team, from an offense perspective. Still not sure those picks make up the gap but it’s close.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham