David Johnson and Pick for Cook and Golladay

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

David Johnson and Pick for Cook and Golladay

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:47 am

I was just offered this trade and right now I am currently on the fence and looking for advice.

I would send
Dalvin Cook
Kenny Golladay

I would receive
David Johnson
2019 pick 8
2019 pick 9

Thoughts:
Yes Johnson had a down year but he still put up numbers comparable to Cook, although Cook missed about five games. Cook is 23 and Johnson just turned 27. I think Golladay is worth the two first round picks since they are late round picks.

Thanks for the advice.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Re: David Johnson and Pick for Cook and Golladay

Postby heydangle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 am

that's a tough one! I would lean towards the David Johnson side. If you shopped Golladay though, you could probably get a higher pick.

Snickers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Snickers » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am

It's really close. It is. Cook and Golladay for me. I am not high on David Johnson. I personally believe he was a one hit wonder and on his offense will not return to his prior numbers.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

I prefer the DJ side. I'd rather DJ than Cook, and I think you can flip the 2 1sts for something better than Golladay.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

I would hold the pieces you have. Golladay is trending way up, Cook started to show at the end of the year. I think Johnson bounces back, but not to the level he was and late picks in 2019 just don't seem to have the same feel as years past in my opinion

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 am

heydangle wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 am that's a tough one! I would lean towards the David Johnson side. If you shopped Golladay though, you could probably get a higher pick.
I have had Golladay on my trade bait for a while and this owner has been the only one to show interest, and it is a pretty active league. My team is also light on tight ends and I would use one of those picks on Noah Fant.
Snickers wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am It's really close. It is. Cook and Golladay for me. I am not high on David Johnson. I personally believe he was a one hit wonder and on his offense will not return to his prior numbers.
With Kingsbury as the coach, there is a possibility that the offense gets better. In a perfect world Kingsbury would have the same effect on Johnson that McVay had on Gurley.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
K Justin Tucker

RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 am

briank wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am I prefer the DJ side. I'd rather DJ than Cook, and I think you can flip the 2 1sts for something better than Golladay.
Another owner is shopping Freeman and I was thinking about offering a first and second for him. That would give me Chubb, Johnson and Freeman at running back. Then I planned, at least at the moment, drafting David Montgomery at 1.02 and Noah Fant late in the first or top of the second.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:59 am

Cook more or less = Johnson
Golladay > 1.08 + 1.09

I'd pass. Keep Cook + Golladay.
ThatGuyBrian wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 am
briank wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am I prefer the DJ side. I'd rather DJ than Cook, and I think you can flip the 2 1sts for something better than Golladay.
Another owner is shopping Freeman and I was thinking about offering a first and second for him.
I think you can get Freeman for just the 1st. His value is low right now.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am I would hold the pieces you have. Golladay is trending way up, Cook started to show at the end of the year. I think Johnson bounces back, but not to the level he was and late picks in 2019 just don't seem to have the same feel as years past in my opinion
DJ was still a top 10 RB considering. He's a workhorse in a situation that has to be better next year. Cook has not been used as a workhorse and he still can't even stay on the field. Golladay is trending up, but I don't think he's worth 2 1sts. Those picks should gain value as we approach the draft.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:59 am Cook more or less = Johnson
Golladay > 1.08 + 1.09

Another owner is shopping Freeman and I was thinking about offering a first and second for him.
Even if one of the firsts becomes freeman? Chubb, Johnson and Freeman would be a pretty good stable of running backs (plus I have Ito Smith). It would also allow me to potentially draft the best receiver with the second pick or trade the second pick for a top tier receiver.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Cook>DJ
Golladay>1.8 and 1,9.

Keep your players

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 pm

briank wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am I would hold the pieces you have. Golladay is trending way up, Cook started to show at the end of the year. I think Johnson bounces back, but not to the level he was and late picks in 2019 just don't seem to have the same feel as years past in my opinion
DJ was still a top 10 RB considering. He's a workhorse in a situation that has to be better next year. Cook has not been used as a workhorse and he still can't even stay on the field. Golladay is trending up, but I don't think he's worth 2 1sts. Those picks should gain value as we approach the draft.
Except it can easily stay the same, Kingbury has never been an NFL coach and despite my trend McVay started more than likely most of these new swing for the fences hires end in disaster. Cook was a workhorse his rookie year before a FREAK accident and was dominating snaps before his first and only soft tissue (injury prone type of injuries) injury in 2018 and was beginning to be a workhorse the last few weeks of the season. DJ is 27 years old, even if he comes back to top 5 Rb finish how many people will want to pay elite prices for a RB going on 28? Not many.

allinagain
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby allinagain » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm

I say keep Cook and Golladay here. Johnson is nearing the end of MOST RBs valuable shelf life.
10 Team 1QB 0.5PPR 20 Keepers
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Jared Goff; Cam Newton

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Aaron Jones, Gus Edwards, Justin Jackson

WR: Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks,Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, Michael Gallup, James Washington, Tre’Quan Smith, Antonio Callaway, Josh Gordon

TE: Travis Kelce, OJ Howard

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 pm
briank wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Except it can easily stay the same, Kingbury has never been an NFL coach and despite my trend McVay started more than likely most of these new swing for the fences hires end in disaster. Cook was a workhorse his rookie year before a FREAK accident and was dominating snaps before his first and only soft tissue (injury prone type of injuries) injury in 2018 and was beginning to be a workhorse the last few weeks of the season. DJ is 27 years old, even if he comes back to top 5 Rb finish how many people will want to pay elite prices for a RB going on 28? Not many.
He's 27, but he hasn't had the same kind of workload 27 year old stars normally have. I can't envision a scenario where it gets worse for DJ. He was completely misused this year. Kingbury's pass happy attack should do wonders for DJ even if it's not successful as a whole.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 pm

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:59 am Cook more or less = Johnson
Golladay > 1.08 + 1.09

Even if one of the firsts becomes freeman? Chubb, Johnson and Freeman would be a pretty good stable of running backs (plus I have Ito Smith). It would also allow me to potentially draft the best receiver with the second pick or trade the second pick for a top tier receiver.
Yes. Golladay > Freeman + late 1st
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd