Ronald Jones Push

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
valfilm
Rookie
Rookie

Ronald Jones Push

Postby valfilm » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm

What is everyone's take on Ronald Jones? Is Ariens going to try to use him? Is he a bust or great upside player? What is his value in dynasty over the next 3 to 4 years. Would you trade 2nd round pick in rookie draft for him?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Ronald Jones Push

Postby meineymoe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

It really depends on the league and your roster. For me - in one of my 16 team leagues where I'm stacked and like to take lottery picks late in the 2nd round, I would consider dealing the pick for him. But if you are looking for a player you hope to one day rely on? I think I'd probably stick to a rookie.
-oo-

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Too early to call him a bust but his rookie year was obviously extremely disappointing. I wouldn’t value him too high since I am very strong at RB but depending on your situation I wouldn’t be against giving up a 2nd round pick to get him. Problem is the owner likely spent a mid 1st rounder on him and will value him more than anyone offering. Over the next few years I see him in RBBC but never a lead guy that will be considered a starter every week. Think his ceiling is at a bye week fill in. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if another RB is brought in to Tampa, Jones is in a sticky situation and hasn’t provided a lot of confidence for fantasy owners.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm

I would absolutely move a 2nd for him this year. Huge concerns with Jones for sure but he is extremely young and a 2nd year jump is certainly a possibility. I would take the gamble for a 2nd

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am

It would seem about the right price for him and your team situation is right for you to take a chance, but I still pass. I was not a fan of him in college and for a rookie to do so little on a team that had opportunities waiting for him that he could not capitalize on tells me he has a low floor.

I did not know a second year break out for a RB was a thing. If they are healthy, available and there is opportunity in their rookie year and they dont at least flash, then I am not that interested.

Plus who know what Ariens thinks of him. Not his guy.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:02 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am I did not know a second year break out for a RB was a thing. If they are healthy, available and there is opportunity in their rookie year and they dont at least flash, then I am not that interested.

I'd say Joe Mixon had a second year breakout. Granted he got like 150+ carries his rookie season splitting the backfield with Gio and Hill. He went from 3.5YPC his rookie year up to 4.9YPC in his sophomore year with arguably a worse team around him the second year.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 am

I'm sure Tampa will want to give him another shot and see what they have, but I was never a huge believer in him. I might pay a late 2nd only to flip him if I knew I'd be able to get something more during preseason.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Thinking about offering my Brissett for RoJo in a 12 Team PPR dynasty Superflex league (team 1 in sig). This would be a counter offer, the other owner has made me a few offers for Brissett. Thoughts?
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 pm

LMS123 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 pm Thinking about offering my Brissett for RoJo in a 12 Team PPR dynasty Superflex league (team 1 in sig). This would be a counter offer, the other owner has made me a few offers for Brissett. Thoughts?
Easily. Brissett holds little, if any, value in a 12 team league. I wouldn’t expect to get that done in my 15 man SF. I would expect a decline, but if you think it has legs then go for it.

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am It would seem about the right price for him and your team situation is right for you to take a chance, but I still pass. I was not a fan of him in college and for a rookie to do so little on a team that had opportunities waiting for him that he could not capitalize on tells me he has a low floor.

I did not know a second year break out for a RB was a thing. If they are healthy, available and there is opportunity in their rookie year and they dont at least flash, then I am not that interested.

2nd yr breakout? Yep, see David Johnson and then see who his coach was!
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:02 am
The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am I did not know a second year break out for a RB was a thing. If they are healthy, available and there is opportunity in their rookie year and they dont at least flash, then I am not that interested.

I'd say Joe Mixon had a second year breakout. Granted he got like 150+ carries his rookie season splitting the backfield with Gio and Hill. He went from 3.5YPC his rookie year up to 4.9YPC in his sophomore year with arguably a worse team around him the second year.
Yeah, as did Melvin Gordon, Frank Gore and Le’veon Bell (although Bell was still a fantasy RB1 in year 1). But RoJo is none of these guys and had a way worse rookie season than any of them. Really not a fan.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm

Bruce Arians will bring some stability and better decision making for the Bucs.

Jones will be given a full slate to show his talent and take control of Bucs backfield.

Either that or he will fade like Trent Richardson and be an afterthought in the NFL and fantasy community.

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 am

i don't think he's all that good. reports out of florida say they're looking to upgrade. i think he's a bust.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 am

Not high on Jones but he is worth a 2nd as a stash.