Make some roster improvement suggestions

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
zarathustra
Starter
Starter

Make some roster improvement suggestions

Postby zarathustra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Likely getting obj for kupp, hilton and 2.08. Would like to reestablish some wr depth, as well as maybe beef up at rb.

Help me with some specific suggestions that could set me up for lasting contention?

Thanks in advance
12 team, Superflex, TE Premium, Half PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 Superflex

QB: Jackson, Allen, G. Smith
RB: Cook, Henry, Elliott, Montgomery, Carter, Robinson, Mattison, McKissic, Murray, R. Jones, Breida
WR: Jefferson, A. St. Brown, Sutton, Mooney, Dortch, Zaccheaus, D.Carter, Swain, Reagor, A. Rodgers, Atwell, Harry
TE: L. Thomas, H. Henry, J. Smith, Arnold, Dulcich
Taxi: K. Ingram, Virgil

2020: 4-9
2021: 9-5 (3rd)
2022: 7-2

Draft Picks:
2023 4th
2024 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Make some roster improvement suggestions

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

So you'll have this (left out some inessentials)

QB: Goff, Mayfield, Jackson
RB: Kamara, Kerryon, Fournette, Hyde
WR: OBJ, Evans, Landry, Westbrook, MVS, ESB
TE: Ebron, Henry, Herndon

I'd try and trade your 1st, Lamar or Goff, Ebron and some depth players for a top TE...

Kamara and Kerryon are a solid 1, 2 and when LF is healthy he will be a great flex to have around (or even start some weeks in good matchups).
You have 2 elite studs at WR, congrats. Landry is a great flex option and then you already have depth on top of that. Hopefully one of those GB guys pans out (I'm in the same boat there).
I think TE is good, but not great. I'd look to sell Ebron high if you can. I think Henry and Herndon will be good moving forward. I like Hurst potential too.

Great team overall. Not really lacking in studs or depth. If you could grab a Kelce/Ertz/Kittle with Ebron, the 1st, Goff and Westbrook, I'd do that. Not sure how those owners value those TE though, but I think one of those guys would improve your team the most

zarathustra
Starter
Starter

Postby zarathustra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Great feedback. thanks. You seem lower on Henry than most. Due to the injury? I actually had kelce from draft.....committed some gruesome trade crimes with him...i gave kelce, golden tate and mariota for goff and evans and hurst....
12 team, Superflex, TE Premium, Half PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 Superflex

QB: Jackson, Allen, G. Smith
RB: Cook, Henry, Elliott, Montgomery, Carter, Robinson, Mattison, McKissic, Murray, R. Jones, Breida
WR: Jefferson, A. St. Brown, Sutton, Mooney, Dortch, Zaccheaus, D.Carter, Swain, Reagor, A. Rodgers, Atwell, Harry
TE: L. Thomas, H. Henry, J. Smith, Arnold, Dulcich
Taxi: K. Ingram, Virgil

2020: 4-9
2021: 9-5 (3rd)
2022: 7-2

Draft Picks:
2023 4th
2024 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 am

zarathustra wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 pm Great feedback. thanks. You seem lower on Henry than most. Due to the injury? I actually had kelce from draft.....committed some gruesome trade crimes with him...i gave kelce, golden tate and mariota for goff and evans and hurst....
That's a great deal in my opinion.

Didn't want to make it seem like I'm low on Henry. I have bought him or held him in both leagues. I love the guy and he's my TE4. There is just a huge dropoff right now after the top 3. Henry is in the group right behind with Howard, Njoku, and Engram. Tons of talent there, but still a lot of question marks.

I'm just saying if I could sell Ebron and a QB and the 1st for a top3 TE, that would be a huge jump for your team. You could also try Henry and a QB/1st

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 am

Ebron looks like he’s become the favourite target of Luck. I would keep him unless you can can land a top 3 tight end.

You potentially have a championship roster, but I would look to add to your WR depth by moving draft picks. Guys like Tate, Woods, Lockett, Green or Boyd provide relatively cheap production compared to their adp.

LF is tricky. Is he the next trich? Or did he never get off the ground this year because of injuries. I might look at what you could pick up for him. Hope this helps

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:53 am

I think you're fine. I don't think you need to make any major moves.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

I think you have a pretty solid starting point. No need to do anything big. You're TEs seem just fine as well. It's worth exploring I guess, but I'd be plenty comfortable with Henry as the starter and Ebron as the high upside backup.
Take the best RB or WR at 8. Is it 1QB? If so, I'd look to move Goff or Jackson, whichever one can get you more. It's tough to move QBs in a 1QB league, but Those guys are young with upside, so you can probably find a match in your league. I'd try to get 2 2nds with one toward the early 2nd for either one.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...