Selling Derrick Henry

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Selling Derrick Henry

Postby Bulletproof » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm looking to cash out on Derrick Henry and wondering what I could reasonably expect to get. Where's his current value in rookie picks? I was thinking around 1.06 to 1.08ish. Thoughts? 12 team PPR
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Selling Derrick Henry

Postby LMS123 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Henry is tough because I don't think you'll get what you want for him; even if what you want for him is fair. Most calculators (taken with a grain of salt) have him around the 1.07 in value. But if I was offered Henry for the 1.07 I probably wouldn't take it. his production the last couple weeks of the season was fantastic but I don't think that is the Derrick Henry we should get used to. So for me, if I was rb needy and looking for one, with this draft class being a little thin at rb i'd probably offer an early 2nd for him.
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Henry is an absolute coin flip of being the power running workhorse back we've wanted him to be for 3 years and finally saw for 3 weeks, or back to the 4 points a game absolute dud he was

No idea how to value a coin flip like that. I own him already in one league and will hold, my other leagues I will not be looking to buy
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:11 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 pm Henry is an absolute coin flip of being the power running workhorse back we've wanted him to be for 3 years and finally saw for 3 weeks, or back to the 4 points a game absolute dud he was

No idea how to value a coin flip like that. I own him already in one league and will hold, my other leagues I will not be looking to buy
It's pretty easy, avoid the coin flip. If you can get the 1.06-1.08 for Henry I would do that all day long.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm

I'm kinda thin at RB in a league I made it to the semis (Signature 1). Been thinking about flipping Keenan Allen for Derrick Henry & 1.04. Maybe I get lucky and find a rock solid wr in draft or flip the pick closer to draft day
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:05 pm

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm I'm kinda thin at RB in a league I made it to the semis (Signature 1). Been thinking about flipping Keenan Allen for Derrick Henry & 1.04. Maybe I get lucky and find a rock solid wr in draft or flip the pick closer to draft day
I think you would regret losing Keenan on that deal. Look at your league drafts the last 5 to 8 years. Probably a bunch of misses. Keenan is a top 5 wr in his prime. Keep him..

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:08 pm

esloan35 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:05 pm
FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm I'm kinda thin at RB in a league I made it to the semis (Signature 1). Been thinking about flipping Keenan Allen for Derrick Henry & 1.04. Maybe I get lucky and find a rock solid wr in draft or flip the pick closer to draft day
I think you would regret losing Keenan on that deal. Look at your league drafts the last 5 to 8 years. Probably a bunch of misses. Keenan is a top 5 wr in his prime. Keep him..
Yeah I am, just testing the waters
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:39 pm

The Titans won 3 of their last 4 games for a reason because of Derrick Henry and there is no question he's immensely talented. We've known that since the day he came into the league. The problem is the Titans coaching staff has held him back his entire career thinking that they can win with Mariota's arm. Chances are good they fall back so such foolish game plans next season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Henry is a tough one to value right now. I own in 1 league and I would not sell unless it was for an early 1st. He has put up huge numbers the last few weeks. He is young so he has as much of a chance of being a stud as an early 1st. But he has also shown he can fail in the NFL coaches fault or not, this makes me not want to buy him unless I am stealing him. Probably a high 2nd, maybe late 1st if it was RB needy team. Because of this I dont plan to buy or sell him. I think a lot of Henry owners will want that premium and non owners will not want to pay it because of years of failure.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:10 am

Bulletproof wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:06 pm I'm looking to cash out on Derrick Henry and wondering what I could reasonably expect to get. Where's his current value in rookie picks? I was thinking around 1.06 to 1.08ish. Thoughts? 12 team PPR
I think your in the ball park.

I will likely end up holding since i bought a couple copies for mid-late 2nd before he blew up. I think mid 1st is fair on both ends if someone is buying or selling right now.

I will be trying to buy for a late 1st, doubt anyone sells for that though.