Help me get Penny

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jonf86
Starter
Starter

Help me get Penny

Postby jonf86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:26 am

I've been trying to either trade Carson or acquire Penny all year, but haven't had any luck. I think I've been closer to acquiring Penny than finding a suitable trade for Carson, so think I would like to head in that direction.

This is for Team 1 in my sig. 16 team Superflex start 2 TE. What kind of asset would you need on top of Penny to trade Woods? I know moving Woods would really weaken my WR core, but I plan on fixing that later.

The other team has assets like 1.04, 2020 mid 1st, Kenny Golladay, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Ito Smith. For all these pieces except Smith, I'm sure I would have to add to Woods, so if the trade has to become bigger I'm okay with that.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Help me get Penny

Postby murphysxm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 am

IMO you can't afford to make your WR corp weaker. I know you say you'll address later, but it way too thin to lose Woods
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:42 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 am IMO you can't afford to make your WR corp weaker. I know you say you'll address later, but it way too thin to lose Woods
Haha, I suspected some would get hung up on that. I appreciate the thought, but really would like to get Penny. I'm an active trader, it's an active league, I'll figure out the WR core later. For now, if anyone has any thoughts on a potential Penny trade I would love to read em
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
2018 Champs

WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:30 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 am IMO you can't afford to make your WR corp weaker. I know you say you'll address later, but it way too thin to lose Woods
I know you said you'll fix it, but I just wanted to emphasize this. You already have 2 great starting RB. Your league requires starting 3 WR. Juju and Woods are the only starters I see. I get you want Penny, but he's not guaranteed to be the starter. Just saying...

I've done this before when I had Melvin Gordon and no one else at RB. Traded him for a deal I couldn't pass up. Said I'd build the RB later and it never really happened as everyone is just hoarding RB (whatever, they didn't win lol)... Just food for thought

If going for Penny with Woods, Penny shouldn't be the main piece ideally. I'd want a WR back in the deal as well. However, there's very little chance you get Landry or Golladay AND Penny for just Woods

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am

Why would you trade Woods for Penny? You shouldn’t need to include Woods in the deal at all.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 am

If you offered me Woods for Penny I would have accepted it a half second after you sent it. Regardless of my WR corp. Nothing needs added to Woods IMO.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:17 am

Z$$$ wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 am If you offered me Woods for Penny I would have accepted it a half second after you sent it. Regardless of my WR corp. Nothing needs added to Woods IMO.
I'm not suggesting I trade Woods for just Penny. I'm asking if I'm giving Woods, around what kind of asset in addition to Penny should I expect in return.
2018 Champs

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:34 pm

None of these posts have been very helpful to your objective...I assume you want penny AND carson or neither is that correct? I would say Woods+Carson for Landry+Penny would be an interesting trade.

Another option would be to move Juju + 2nd for something like Golladay+Jarvis+Penny+2020 1st? That may be a bit hopeful. May have to drop the picks from that deal but then I'm not sure I'd love to see Juju go for those WR's and Penny either so you'd have to think long and hard about whether you believe Gollday is about to take the leap into elite tier just like Juju did this year and if Jarvis can get back on track. If they do then this deal would be a killer way to fix your WR problems pretty quickly while adding RB depth.

Truthfully I'd probably try to avoid the Seattle backfield all together as its unlikely either Carson or Penny become workhorses without an injury. If you could package Carson+Woods for a better WR I would look to do that. Potentially Carson+Woods+2019 1st (assuming its later) for Golladay+1.04?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am Why would you trade Woods for Penny? You shouldn’t need to include Woods in the deal at all.
Why are you always so extreme and usually not even reading the topic right?

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 pm
FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am Why would you trade Woods for Penny? You shouldn’t need to include Woods in the deal at all.
I’m reading it just fine. He wants to trade Woods for Penny+. Makes no sense to me based on his team. Go ahead and try to get Penny if you want, I traded for him during the season, but you don’t need Woods to do it, you can get Penny other ways.
Team One:
.5 PPR/$200 budget

QB - Mahomes
K - Bass

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:34 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm
I’m reading it just fine. He wants to trade Woods for Penny+. Makes no sense to me based on his team. Go ahead and try to get Penny if you want, I traded for him during the season, but you don’t need Woods to do it, you can get Penny other ways.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but I did say in my original post not to worry about my WR core. There are intricacies about the league that you can't know/understand unless you're in it. Also, believe me, I've tried just about every other possible way to trade for Penny........So, no, there are not other ways unless I'm throwing out someone like JuJu or Zeke.

Anyway, don't think there's a deal to be had right now. I'm not swapping Woods for Penny straight up and there's not another asset I can add to the trade that makes sense.

Thank you to everyone for the help
2018 Champs

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

You traded for Penny during the season... why not include what week of the season and the price you paid?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 am

Woods for Penny straight up would probably be fair. Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I will...don't see the need in getting Penny or moving Woods.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 am

bigbuck22 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

You traded for Penny during the season... why not include what week of the season and the price you paid?
Around Week 10, traded McKinnon for Penny and a 2019 3rd.
Team One:
.5 PPR/$200 budget

QB - Mahomes
K - Bass

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:44 am

FantasyFoosball wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 am
bigbuck22 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Around Week 10, traded McKinnon for Penny and a 2019 3rd.

Thank you. This is helpful to put a value on him.