Fournette, Lockett, Burton for Adams + 2020 2nd

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Fournette, Lockett, Burton for Adams + 2020 2nd

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 pm

16 team dynasty PPR, 1 point per 20 ret yards (Lockett was WR14). RBs are hard to come by in this deep league. I’m the team with Fournette wanting to deal for Davante Adams. The other team needs RB and TE badly. 16 team league so 2nd rounder is probably around pick 24.

I don’t want to make an insulting offer but I do want to take advantage of the fact that this guy’s team is a disaster besides Adams, and RBs hardly ever get traded in this league and this is probably the best offer he gets.

Thoughts? Adams would add some needed scoring stability to offset the variance of Tyreek and Diggs.

Starters would be:
Mayfield
Kamara
Cook
Adams
Tyreek
Diggs
Kittle

With some serious bench reinforcements in Golladay, Lindsay, Herndon, Newton.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Fournette, Lockett, Burton for Adams + 2020 2nd

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Can't imagine this is a good time to be trying to sell LF.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:00 pm

i will take Adams pretty easily here...if that has been offered, accept it
if you are considering making the offer, it is not insulting...but i don't think it gets accepted...maybe if you drop the 2nd from the deal
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Drop the 2nd and MAYBE it gets accepted.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Agree with the others. Drop the 2nd.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for the opinions guys, I value them considerably. I’ll add some more thoughts tonight when I’m not on mobile.

I would say that by scanning the sig teams of the responders, I don’t see any 16 team leaguers, and I’m not sure one appreciates the scarcity of RB in these leagues unless you’ve played in one. Nonetheless, perhaps I’m expecting too much back in asking for that 2nd, even if it could be as low as pick 30 or so. This guy’s RBs are currently Ingram, Drake, Tyler Ervin and Robert Turbin.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ

WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami

Irrational Integers
12 team SF

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:49 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:18 pm Thanks for the opinions guys, I value them considerably. I’ll add some more thoughts tonight when I’m not on mobile.

I would say that by scanning the sig teams of the responders, I don’t see any 16 team leaguers, and I’m not sure one appreciates the scarcity of RB in these leagues unless you’ve played in one. Nonetheless, perhaps I’m expecting too much back in asking for that 2nd, even if it could be as low as pick 30 or so. This guy’s RBs are currently Ingram, Drake, Tyler Ervin and Robert Turbin.
I play in a 14 teamer, I get it. My only point is you are trying to get pretty high value for a player that appears to have lost the confidence of his team and is always hurt. Maybe turn it around and ask what it would take to get Adams and start the conversation there.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:18 pm Thanks for the opinions guys, I value them considerably. I’ll add some more thoughts tonight when I’m not on mobile.

I'm sure the scarcity of RB's makes them worth more in a 16 team league but taking league setting out of it you are asking for arguably the #1 overall WR for a mid teen RB and a boom bust WR3 and a TE that's not really done anything to differentiate himself from the hundred other worthless TE's.

This trade would be instantly rejected in a 12 team league, thats why I said MAYBE.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

I'm sure the scarcity of RB's makes them worth more in a 16 team league but taking league setting out of it you are asking for arguably the #1 overall WR for a mid teen RB and a boom bust WR3 and a TE that's not really done anything to differentiate himself from the hundred other worthless TE's.

This trade would be instantly rejected in a 12 team league, thats why I said MAYBE.
There’s a lot of truth in this, thank you for your thoughts. Have to note that Lockett was a WR1 in this scoring and size (finished WR #14), and was WR #30 last year. So he’s definitely not a WR3. Burton underwhelmed and is not the special player a lot hoped, but was TE8 which in a 16 teamer is not bad.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ

Irrational Integers
12 team SF

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm

this sounds like an ideal situation to turn P lindsay into D adams

people are sky high on PL and his flip time is now.

PL, Lockett, and Burton would get you adams i bet. ask for the second if you really think you can get it but when asking for the best player in a deal it just isnt a good idea to try to also get a top 2 round pick back (especially if you are asking for one from a depleted team that badly needs their picks...).
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:44 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:17 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

There’s a lot of truth in this, thank you for your thoughts. Have to note that Lockett was a WR1 in this scoring and size (finished WR #14), and was WR #30 last year. So he’s definitely not a WR3. Burton underwhelmed and is not the special player a lot hoped, but was TE8 which in a 16 teamer is not bad.
Interesting scoring system, Lockett is WR18 in regular PPR. Not a bad finish but the way he got there is what is so concerning, he's about to break a PFF record by having a perfect QBR when targeted and has an insane TD rate per reception. All this sounds fine and dandy until you realize he only has 69 targets on the year. He's a good football player but he isn't going to sustain those efficiency numbers long term so until he gets his targets up you shouldn't expect more than a front end WR3 in regular ppr scoring. I can't speak for your scoring though, you know your league best.

Not that I hate Burton because he does have some value but the TE8 isn't really all that much of an accomplishment, it's average at best. Besides the top 6-8 TE's they aren't worth all that much when talking about acquiring a top 1-3 WR. I like the comment above about switching LF for Lindsay and taking out the second. That would be a steal and a perfect sell high.

arice48
Rookie
Rookie

Postby arice48 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Adams side. Best player and never was a big supporter in Fournette

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:07 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm this sounds like an ideal situation to turn P lindsay into D adams

PL, Lockett, and Burton would get you adams i bet. ask for the second if you really think you can get it but when asking for the best player in a deal it just isnt a good idea to try to also get a top 2 round pick back (especially if you are asking for one from a depleted team that badly needs their picks...).
Another awesome post, thank you. This is something I’ll definitely consider. I can’t decide who I’d rather keep between Lindsay and Fournette, so logic would I think state that I can use either in this proposal.

If accepted, I’d have 4 young locked in stud WR, and be able to draft basically all RB in the next few years. Even if I’m drafting from the 16 spot, 1 or 2 of those picks will eventually hit. I wouldn’t be thin at RB after the trade, but with 16 teams i get RB anxiety. I err on the side of having too many rb, it helped me get through the Fournette and Cook injury fiascos this year.

Finally, does this make my starting lineup that much better, worth the expense of giving up good players who are incredible injury/bye week starts and who could be turned into 2020 1st and 2nd round picks?

Kamara, Cook, Adams, Hill, Diggs
vs
Kamara, Cook, Hill, Diggs, (Fournette or Lindsay or Golladay)
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ

Irrational Integers
12 team SF

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:56 am

fakespike13 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:07 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm this sounds like an ideal situation to turn P lindsay into D adams

Another awesome post, thank you. This is something I’ll definitely consider. I can’t decide who I’d rather keep between Lindsay and Fournette, so logic would I think state that I can use either in this proposal.

If accepted, I’d have 4 young locked in stud WR, and be able to draft basically all RB in the next few years. Even if I’m drafting from the 16 spot, 1 or 2 of those picks will eventually hit. I wouldn’t be thin at RB after the trade, but with 16 teams i get RB anxiety. I err on the side of having too many rb, it helped me get through the Fournette and Cook injury fiascos this year.

Finally, does this make my starting lineup that much better, worth the expense of giving up good players who are incredible injury/bye week starts and who could be turned into 2020 1st and 2nd round picks?

Kamara, Cook, Adams, Hill, Diggs
vs
Kamara, Cook, Hill, Diggs, (Fournette or Lindsay or Golladay)
If you can get Adams I think it's worth it. I'd be way more interested in including Lindsay instead of LF as its an all time low for LF and an all time high for Lindsay. Adams/Hill are bonafide top 5 studs for the next 5 years, Kamara is a top 5 RB and both Cook/LF have the ceiling to enter that tier of RB's as well. Diggs is more likely a top 10-12 Wr which is still fantastic to have. That lineup would be putting you in championship contention over the next 3-4 years. From there keep drafting value not needs (even though Rb's are always a need so I get it). I'm in a league where in 2017 people drafted LF all the way to Kamara and passed on Davis and M. Williams which is semi understandable with how they turned out but what was egregious was the next 2 picks before me was Perine and Marlon Mack because they "needed" a RB. I scooped Corey Davis and was STILL able to grab M. Williams with an early second. That's drafting value and will pay off in the long run. There just aren't enough "hits" in rookie drafts to not be taking the Best Player available that has the best chance to hit even if its your 3rd TE