Overall Team Question

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Overall Team Question

Postby RCS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:47 pm

This week should I start Aaron Jones or...................Don't worry I am kidding just saw a ton of those posts past few days

This league is a 1 coach 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and 1 IDP Flex
12 team .5 ppr

I traded some picks to try and go for it all in this league and crashed and burned, traded a few away like Gronk for Tevin Coleman, AP for a 3rd and Alshon and James Washington for MVS, Ito Smith and Mariota.

I got a few Ideas like trying to upgrade at TE obviously. Just gauging everyone else's opinion.

Coach- I stream this selection

QBs- Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota and Lamar Jackson (taxi)

RBs- Aaron Jones, Tevin Coleman, Jordan Howard,Shady McCoy, Royce Freeman,Jamaal Williams, Malcolm Brown, Ito Smith (taxi) Josh Adams (taxi)

WR- Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson, Courtland Sutton, John Brown, Paul Richardson, Marquise Lee, Keelan Cole, Zay Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Justin Watson, MVS (taxi) DJ Chark (taxi) Marcell Ateman (taxi)

TE- Ricky Seals Jones, Greg Olson, Anthony Firkser

DL-Sheldon Rankins, Demarcus Lawrence, Mevlin Ingram

LB- Luke Kechley,Leighton Vander Esche, Jordan Hicks, Matt Judon, Raekwon McMillan

DB- Budda Baker, Jesse Bates, Ronne Harrison

Picks- 2019 3rd, 2019 4th, 2019 4th, 2019 4th,2019 4th

I know the picks aren't pretty at all

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: Overall Team Question

Postby FantasyFoosball » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Your defensive players are good, but damn are you hurting on offense. Your TEs are a wasteland inside of a wasteland. I really don’t know what you could do, other than a slow rebuild.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:02 pm

TE would be the least of my worries. They're usually the easiest to replace or find either on waivers or get cheap through a trade. You have some good young talent at RB and WR, but most of them have lots of question marks outside of Hill (and maybe Jones). I wouldn't necessarily rebuild, but try to package two players and do a 2 for 1 and go after a couple of studs. You'll probably have better luck during the offseason, since players like Coleman, Arob, Howard, and Freeman don't have a lot of value right now. I think the hype will go back up at some point and you'll hopefully be able to package them and flip them for better players.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Full disclosure: I don't play IDP and am looking past that part of it...

I think you need to build for a bit and trade some old pieces for anything you can get. Going for it this year probably set you back a bit since this team doesn't seem ready. I'd target some WR you can build around and possibly a QB.

When I build a team I usually look to start at those pieces and I also look at my RB and try to sell at the highest points. Aaron Jones would be a good player to sell right now. Tevin would probably be best to sell when he signs elsewhere this offseason. Howard is a hold because he's probably worthless right now. You get the idea...

I'd only look to hold onto Jackson, Tyreek and Sutton. Although, the right owner may overpay for Sutton. MVS and Lee are also decent holds for now. Everyone else I'd be looking to see who I could trade for upside guys

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:02 pm TE would be the least of my worries. They're usually the easiest to replace or find either on waivers or get cheap through a trade. You have some good young talent at RB and WR, but most of them have lots of question marks outside of Hill (and maybe Jones). I wouldn't necessarily rebuild, but try to package two players and do a 2 for 1 and go after a couple of studs. You'll probably have better luck during the offseason, since players like Coleman, Arob, Howard, and Freeman don't have a lot of value right now. I think the hype will go back up at some point and you'll hopefully be able to package them and flip them for better players.
Thats the main reason I went for Tevin Coleman, I personally dont think he's a great RB but I was hoping to flip him for when he signs his new deal this offseason

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:45 pm

(I don't do IDP, so this is based solely on offense.)

Two words for you: Ka. Boom.

Realistically, this team has no chance to win and no draft capital to improve.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 am

let me start by saying that I am looking beyond IDP, since that is not my thing either....
you better sell Tevin before he re-signs with Atlanta (a possibility)..it is a big risk to trade for a player so you can flip him for more later..
but I get trying to get something out of Gronk….although, I kinda hope he leaves NE for another team and lights it up for a year or 2... big dreams..lol

I kind of agree with Goddard...if you make any other trade try to get a TE thrown in to the deal....someone like Brate (may be out of TB next season), Shaheen (I like him a lot, and Burton did nothing to secure his #1 role), Herndon etc

without any 1st round picks, it may be difficult to upgrade at any position.. your RBs are a little weak, it seems that WRs are a bit stronger..unfortunately, John Brown may be worthless without Flacco… I you can move him and someone like DT or MVS for an upgrade, that is the move I would make...maybe you can get a RB or a better WR out of them...

good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

Move every player over the age of 26-27 for whatever you can get in draft capital and do a done of research into the draft class.

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:18 am

vixen wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 am let me start by saying that I am looking beyond IDP, since that is not my thing either....
you better sell Tevin before he re-signs with Atlanta (a possibility)..it is a big risk to trade for a player so you can flip him for more later..
but I get trying to get something out of Gronk….although, I kinda hope he leaves NE for another team and lights it up for a year or 2... big dreams..lol

I kind of agree with Goddard...if you make any other trade try to get a TE thrown in to the deal....someone like Brate (may be out of TB next season), Shaheen (I like him a lot, and Burton did nothing to secure his #1 role), Herndon etc

without any 1st round picks, it may be difficult to upgrade at any position.. your RBs are a little weak, it seems that WRs are a bit stronger..unfortunately, John Brown may be worthless without Flacco… I you can move him and someone like DT or MVS for an upgrade, that is the move I would make...maybe you can get a RB or a better WR out of them...

good luck
Thanks I actually have a waiver claim in on Shaheen for next week since he was dropped right before the Chicago game and Ill thrown Firkser on taxi