Potential Gurley trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Re: Potential Gurley trade

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 pm

How far apart is Gurley from Zeke? I feel like they are probably pretty close to an even swap so I am guessing I would have to add if I asked for Godwin? Or would that be about the min I should take?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Potential Gurley trade

Postby Titans95 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm

badbuddah wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am Take Guice, 1.01, late 1st, Kupp, and a 2nd if you can't get the Mixon owner to throw in a top 10 WR as well as Mixon. I doubt many took the time to look at your team, its pretty bad. Beyond Gurley, Jarvis, and DJ Moore you don't any pieces that are worth building around. You need to rebuild badly.
I STILL don't know if that is enough. I totally get why it would be attractive for a guy in a rebuild, but that trade basically assumes guice is at minimum a top 10 RB and that the 1.01 will work out in a draft with no Barkley/CMC/Fournette guy. Kupp is a nice add, and would sweeten it a little though I suppose.
You aren't going to get a top 10 RB + all of that, Guice was many people's 1.02 last year in a stacked RB class and is considered easily the 1.01 for this year's class. I realize not all 1.01 picks are created equal but the hype always gets out of control right after the real nfl draft. I realize there may not be a slam drunk RB prospect but many people are calling this the best WR class since 2014, imagine if the 1.01 turns in to OBJ, Davante Adams, or Mike Evans...having a young wr with that kind of talent plus Guice who has just as good of a shot as any other RB other than the freaks like Zeke/Gurley/Barkley to be a top 10 RB, Kupp a high end WR2 for years to come AND a late 1st all seems like a solid way to start a rebuild. I'd prefer to get a guy like Mixon + Juju or something along those lines but sometimes in a rebuild you have to take shots on rookies and hope they explode, the 1.01 is the best shot you can take.