Joe Mixon value underrated/overrated?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BHerm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Joe Mixon value underrated/overrated?

Postby BHerm24 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 am

Where is everyone on Joe Mixon's value? No doubt he has huge potential, but is he someone that will ever reach that? He has good games and bad games so I am curious to see where people value and why?
Team #1 - 12 team 6pts all TDs PPR and 0.2 PPC. Keep Starting lineup everyone else gets thrown in for redraft
Start 1 QB,1 RB,2 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

My Starting Lineup
QB: R. Wilson
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Hopkins
RB: Joe Mixon
WR/RB/TE: Antonio Gibson
WR/RB/TE: Nick Chubb
TE: Dallas Goedert

Team #2 - Full Dynasty 12 Team PPR 20 player rosters

QBs: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford
RBs: Kamara, Dobbins, Edmonds, Penny, Pollard, A. Mattison
WRs: Tyreek, DHop, AJB, OBJ, Jeudy, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, Collin Johnson, Donovan People-Jones, Preston Williams, Curtis Samuel
TEs: Kittle, Goedert, Logan Thomas

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Joe Mixon value underrated/overrated?

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 am

He has bad games when the coaching staff foolishly give him 12 touches in a game where hes averaging over 5 yards a carry and they never throw him the ball. Mixon is phenomenal with the ball in his hands. Sadly theres a possibility that the idiots in charge in Cincy go from Lewis to Jackson as HC. So.... use that as a buy low if the Mixon owner is panicking?

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am

sky high on him, hes on a bad team so theres a bit of an up n down nature that seems to relate to the overall team showing that day. he is not matchup proof like some other top backs but hes in that 1b tier for me
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am

22 year old RB in a terrible offense who's currently the RB10 in points per game. I don't see how it doesn't continue getting better.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 am

I used to be low on him and now I'm high on him and I go back and forth... It's like my own over/under valuing of him pushes it back the other way...

Hes definitely a top 10 dynasty RB

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am

Joe Mixon has talent out the wazooo. A lot of scouts had mixon on par with LF from a talent standpoint and said he would've gone in the first half of the 1st round if he didn't have any controversy around him. That talent has translated into the NFL and he looks like a top 5 RB when he has the ball in his hands. Unfortunately he isn't lucky enough to be on a team like the Rams or Cowboys or Saints. Bengals offense and coaching are pretty pathetic, if you noticed Mixon doesn't have a bad game when he touches the ball 20 times, his down games are when the decide to stop handing him the ball in the second half for no apparent reason even when he is averaging 5 ypc. Because of the coaching and team situation he is a top 10 back but if the Bengals can ever get their head's out of their buts and make him a 275 carries and 60-70 reception RB like they should then he will be a top 5 RB.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am Joe Mixon has talent out the wazooo. A lot of scouts had mixon on par with LF from a talent standpoint and said he would've gone in the first half of the 1st round if he didn't have any controversy around him. That talent has translated into the NFL and he looks like a top 5 RB when he has the ball in his hands. Unfortunately he isn't lucky enough to be on a team like the Rams or Cowboys or Saints. Bengals offense and coaching are pretty pathetic, if you noticed Mixon doesn't have a bad game when he touches the ball 20 times, his down games are when the decide to stop handing him the ball in the second half for no apparent reason even when he is averaging 5 ypc. Because of the coaching and team situation he is a top 10 back but if the Bengals can ever get their head's out of their buts and make him a 275 carries and 60-70 reception RB like they should then he will be a top 5 RB.
The Chargers were supposed to wipe the floor with the Bengals. But Mixon kept them in the game and made it interesting. Give this man the football.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am

He is being used horribly. His value will only go up as things improve. He's young and the talent is there. I'm holding on to him, or buying if people are not liking the results this year.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am

I think his consistency will come with a better offense around him. The top wr is out, qb is out, o-line is banged up. He will put up quality numbers and I think he could take off with a talent influx / healthy players around him.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

BHerm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BHerm24 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 am

So I am a believer in Mixon's ability and everyone seems to be saying about the same things regarding his usage, but I don't see anything that makes it seem like it is going to change. Yes I think the Bengals are dumb for not getting him consistently involved but there is nothing that indicates them changing that.
Team #1 - 12 team 6pts all TDs PPR and 0.2 PPC. Keep Starting lineup everyone else gets thrown in for redraft
Start 1 QB,1 RB,2 WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

My Starting Lineup
QB: R. Wilson
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Hopkins
RB: Joe Mixon
WR/RB/TE: Antonio Gibson
WR/RB/TE: Nick Chubb
TE: Dallas Goedert

Team #2 - Full Dynasty 12 Team PPR 20 player rosters

QBs: Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford
RBs: Kamara, Dobbins, Edmonds, Penny, Pollard, A. Mattison
WRs: Tyreek, DHop, AJB, OBJ, Jeudy, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, Collin Johnson, Donovan People-Jones, Preston Williams, Curtis Samuel
TEs: Kittle, Goedert, Logan Thomas

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 pm

BHerm24 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 am So I am a believer in Mixon's ability and everyone seems to be saying about the same things regarding his usage, but I don't see anything that makes it seem like it is going to change. Yes I think the Bengals are dumb for not getting him consistently involved but there is nothing that indicates them changing that.
Well the things that are likely to happen is his starting QB and #1 WR will be back in 2019 along with a healthy and hopefully improved O-line, I suspect it will still be a priority this off season to add more talent there. The thing that is completely up in the air is the hope that the Bengals move on from Marvin Lewis and actually make a good offensive hire that will use him properly, if that happens then the sky is the limit

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:11 pm

As others have said, in a TERRIBLE situation this season, he is still an RB1. His tape is awesome. He's a 1st round startup pick for me.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:07 pm

He should be getting 17-22 carries a week and another 6-8 targets in the passing game.