Ware/West , Mack/Hines

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Ware/West , Mack/Hines

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 am

What is the best way to treat these guys..

Option 1. Trade them right after week 17 for the most I can get.
Option 2. Take a chance and wait until after the NFL draft , FA signing and hope Indy or KC don't add a RB.

Are their values even high enough to sell them or is it worth taking the chance and maybe they go up a lot ?

What I mean is what's the risk vs reward ,
If I sell them now is each combo worth a 2nd ?
If I wait and by some chance Indy/KC don't sign a FA or draft a RB high do I get a 1st ?
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ware/West , Mack/Hines

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm

I'd trade Ware + West for a 2nd in a heartbeat if I'm out of the playoffs. I'd hold Mack and Hines unless you can get a 1st. I'd say that Mack is worth an early/mid 2nd, and Hines is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm I'd trade Ware + West for a 2nd in a heartbeat if I'm out of the playoffs. I'd hold Mack and Hines unless you can get a 1st. I'd say that Mack is worth an early/mid 2nd, and Hines is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd.
This is how I feel. I don't think the Colts invested enough in Mack to not make a move in FA to acquire someone like Coleman or go big and get Bell, if that doesn't work out i suspect they will look to add more competition in the draft. Same thing with Ware, he's an admirable backup but he's still a backup. Its extremely noticeable the difference between the chiefs the past 2 weeks with ware compared to when Hunt was in the game. They will look to upgrade in FA or draft. capitalize on them now because I doubt their value sky rockets even if those teams don't address the position so I think it's a safe move if you can package them for 1st round picks or a more stable younger player. I mentioned in another post to package them up and go down the list from RB7-15 and see what you can get.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm I'd trade Ware + West for a 2nd in a heartbeat if I'm out of the playoffs. I'd hold Mack and Hines unless you can get a 1st. I'd say that Mack is worth an early/mid 2nd, and Hines is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd.
This is how I feel. I don't think the Colts invested enough in Mack to not make a move in FA to acquire someone like Coleman or go big and get Bell, if that doesn't work out i suspect they will look to add more competition in the draft. Same thing with Ware, he's an admirable backup but he's still a backup. Its extremely noticeable the difference between the chiefs the past 2 weeks with ware compared to when Hunt was in the game. They will look to upgrade in FA or draft. capitalize on them now because I doubt their value sky rockets even if those teams don't address the position so I think it's a safe move if you can package them for 1st round picks or a more stable younger player. I mentioned in another post to package them up and go down the list from RB7-15 and see what you can get.
Good idea I think I sell as soon as trading opens up week 17 , either package for a better RB or sell for picks build some up
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:29 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 pm
Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 pm
Good idea I think I sell as soon as trading opens up week 17 , either package for a better RB or sell for picks build some up
Whatever you do don't sell your top 4 WR's. Those guys will keep you in playoff contention regardless of RB's for the next 5 years. I'm sure you can strike gold on a RB in the next 2-3 years to make your team unstoppable. My first and favorite dynasty league is a homer league with all my high school friends and I listened to all the "experts" and stocked up on young WR's like OBJ/MT/KA/Evans and its put me in the championship game 3 years in a row. RB's were such a pain to get that I've been so tempted to move a top WR for one and never got "fair value" which was so frustrating but over time I have been able to take some shots on guys I really believed in and now have Cook/Mixon/Chubb/Guice. Still lakc a top 5 RB but I feel good about my team for the quite so time. So I can attest that building around WR's and slowly over the years acquiring the necessary RB's is the best way to do it IMO.