Who should I target?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Biggest need?

RB
No votes
WR
43%
TE
57%

Total votes: 7

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Who should I target?

Postby dgra94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:16 am

Hey Guys. I have a team that I've built through the draft for a few years and am finally feeling good about where they stand moving into next season. With some terrible luck, I won 4 games this year and missed playoffs by half a game but wound up with 4 firsts between 4th and 10th spot in the draft. I like my team a lot but my league is top heavy and will need some more help to really compete. Any suggestions on which of the guys on my team in my signature to try to trade for upgrades in the offseason?

I have the Corey Davis owner interested in Josh Gordon+ once the season ends but don't have too many other leads on trades for now. Ideally I'd like to land another top 15 RB to go with Mixon, Chubb, Guice, a top 12 WR to pair with OBJ, Golladay, Landry, and maybe a decent TE backup for Henry, but I'm unsure of who to target that wouldn't require me to trade those 7. Any tips or ideas are welcome!
Standard, non-ppr 12 team
QB - RB - RB - WR - WR - TE - FLEX - K - DEF
QB: Russ, Stafford, Tua
RB: Taylor, Kamara, Sanders, Saquon
WR: Hill, Diggs, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Smith, Deebo
TE: Kittle, Knox
K: Folk
D/ST: Chargers, Eagles

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: Who should I target?

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 am

You only won 4 games and were only half a game out of the playoffs? That's some bad teams in that league.

You need to target WR help for sure. You should be fine at RB with Mixon, Chubb, and Guice. You should be fine with Henry at TE.

OBJ is a stud, but the rest of your WR's are not very good. Golladay has shown that he cannot be the guy in Detroit, and Landry is too up and down for me. I would look to get another stud at your WR2 spot. Someone that can offer consistent production week in and week out.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:58 am

Your team actually looks pretty solid. I'd focus on getting a stud WR during the offseason.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

I’d be looking at a rebuilding team with a top wr and look to trade for them. I’d use some 1st to add the wr, or if a player isn’t there I may look to move picks to load up on 2020 draft.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 pm

I agree with the WR sentiment since I was having trouble even playing matchups with anyone past OBJ down the stretch once Landry tailed off a little bit. Another top tier WR would do my team very well. I'm surprised to hear the Golladay piece; I like his future and believe he'll be Stafford's go-to for the foreseeable future.

Beyond the WR, is it worth going out to get a top ~15 RB? If Guice starts slow, Chubb/Mixon slow down at all, or one gets hurt, I think my depth isn't really that great at the position unless Howard changes teams or McGuire somehow gets bellcow duties.

Would it be worth dealing all 4 picks in a lesser draft to go get a couple upgrades/studs? I was really hoping I'd wind up with a couple top 4 picks with one being either 1 or 2 but it didn't quite pan out that way. I think the highest first (1.04) will be a decent piece to keep but really wouldn't mind dealing that pick either. Would a couple firsts + a player be enough for a player such as Juju, Brown, Allen, Cooper, etc?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm

dgra94 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 pm I agree with the WR sentiment since I was having trouble even playing matchups with anyone past OBJ down the stretch once Landry tailed off a little bit. Another top tier WR would do my team very well. I'm surprised to hear the Golladay piece; I like his future and believe he'll be Stafford's go-to for the foreseeable future.

Beyond the WR, is it worth going out to get a top ~15 RB? If Guice starts slow, Chubb/Mixon slow down at all, or one gets hurt, I think my depth isn't really that great at the position unless Howard changes teams or McGuire somehow gets bellcow duties.

Would it be worth dealing all 4 picks in a lesser draft to go get a couple upgrades/studs? I was really hoping I'd wind up with a couple top 4 picks with one being either 1 or 2 but it didn't quite pan out that way. I think the highest first (1.04) will be a decent piece to keep but really wouldn't mind dealing that pick either. Would a couple firsts + a player be enough for a player such as Juju, Brown, Allen, Cooper, etc?
I disagree completely with the Golladay comment from a previous poster, Golladay has done just fine as a sophomore and took a big step forward as a player. Unfortunately the Lions took a big step back as an offense but I believe this year was an anomaly. Jim Bob Cooter has been a fantastic coordinator for a few years now so I believe in him and believe in Stafford righting the ship in 2019.

The good news is you have a lot of options and your team is looking solid. I like the Josh Gordon + for CD trade if you can make that happen, however that doesn't get you the "stud" you're looking for, it may pan out and Davis may be a top 12 guy liek we all hope but it doesn't necessarily make your team look better on paper to start 2019. Dhop is having a down year so depending on who owns him you may be able to pry him away from a cheaper than normal price for him. Adams is another WR that I'd be really interested in depending on the asking price from that owner. I would not trade for Brown or Cooper. Brown is aging and Cooper is someone I want to see do well for extended periods of time against good corners. He blew up this week but I've been saying it at all year, he does extremely well against weak corners and completely vanishes when a team has a top corner on him all game. Philly may have the worst secondary in the NFL right now.

I agree I think you need to add to your RB's because 3 is not enough if you can help it, injuries and poor performance can too easily hurt your team. I like David Montgomery A LOT coming into the 2019 draft and think he'll be the RB1 rookie that you will probably be able to get with the 1.04. I'd be happy to move 2 of those 1sts for Kerryon or Michel if possible with the slight edge to Kerryon for me. I'd look at acquiring Cook for 2 1sts as well if possible, he's a buy low candidate that is just too good to stay unproductive for long. You may not have the window to buy him if he continues to play well through the end of the season.

A couple of other targets for me are Thielen, he should be valued the same as AB if you ask me but many will probably have him around the AJG value and I think adding a TE with one of your 1st round picks wouldn't be a bad idea. If you cna get OJ Howard for your latest 1st that would be awesome for security with HH. We still don't know if he will actually perform as a top 5 TE yet. We were all just speculating that was going to be the case before he tore his ACL

GBP1388
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GBP1388 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm I disagree completely with the Golladay comment from a previous poster, Golladay has done just fine as a sophomore and took a big step forward as a player. Unfortunately the Lions took a big step back as an offense but I believe this year was an anomaly. Jim Bob Cooter has been a fantastic coordinator for a few years now so I believe in him and believe in Stafford righting the ship in 2019.
I expect Jim Bob to be fired this off-season. He's a holdover from the Caldwell era and whatever magic he and Stafford had is gone. That being said, it can't get too much worse so I think Golladay continues to progress.
Green Bowl Packers
12 team .5ppr 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 te k d
qb: watson, pickett, purdy, minshew, mayfield
rb: bijan, chubb, mixon, charbs, hubbard, foreman, r. johnson, gray, ford
wr: chase, evans, cooper, d. johnson, pittman, juju, julio, palmer, r. james, shakir
te: kittle, goedert, gesicki, chig
d: car, bal
k: butker
2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:50 pm

GBP1388 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm
Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm I disagree completely with the Golladay comment from a previous poster, Golladay has done just fine as a sophomore and took a big step forward as a player. Unfortunately the Lions took a big step back as an offense but I believe this year was an anomaly. Jim Bob Cooter has been a fantastic coordinator for a few years now so I believe in him and believe in Stafford righting the ship in 2019.
I expect Jim Bob to be fired this off-season. He's a holdover from the Caldwell era and whatever magic he and Stafford had is gone. That being said, it can't get too much worse so I think Golladay continues to progress.
Just looked into it, you are correct about that. Cooter has been an above average coordinator before this year though so that is a shame for him. He really turned the offense around in 2015 when he took over. I'm sure he'll end up on somewhere if he does get canned. Still, Golladay is a top 15 WR IMO so I disagree with the comment above that he has "proven is can't be the #1"

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Been a lifelong Lions fan. I also went to college at a MAC school, and watched Golladay throughout his whole college career. Y’all are welcome to believe whatever you want. The Lions suck, the fans are turning on Stafford, he’s not even a mediocre QB at this point, in fantasy or in real life.

I’m not saying Golladay isn’t talented and won’t be serviceable, but talk of him being a top 15 and #1 WR is laughable. This is nothing more than people overrating the lack of WRs in Detroit, and the talent of Stafford and the Lions. Stafford has been in the league for TEN years and EVERY single year people say, “just wait until next season when (fill in the blank happens)”. He’s done nothing but get worse every season. His numbers are abysmal.

Golladays ceiling is somewhere around 20-25 and a WR2.

Feel free to bookmark and reference this post at a later date.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm
dgra94 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 pm I agree with the WR sentiment since I was having trouble even playing matchups with anyone past OBJ down the stretch once Landry tailed off a little bit. Another top tier WR would do my team very well. I'm surprised to hear the Golladay piece; I like his future and believe he'll be Stafford's go-to for the foreseeable future.

I disagree completely with the Golladay comment from a previous poster, Golladay has done just fine as a sophomore and took a big step forward as a player. Unfortunately the Lions took a big step back as an offense but I believe this year was an anomaly. Jim Bob Cooter has been a fantastic coordinator for a few years now so I believe in him and believe in Stafford righting the ship in 2019.

The good news is you have a lot of options and your team is looking solid. I like the Josh Gordon + for CD trade if you can make that happen, however that doesn't get you the "stud" you're looking for, it may pan out and Davis may be a top 12 guy liek we all hope but it doesn't necessarily make your team look better on paper to start 2019. Dhop is having a down year so depending on who owns him you may be able to pry him away from a cheaper than normal price for him. Adams is another WR that I'd be really interested in depending on the asking price from that owner. I would not trade for Brown or Cooper. Brown is aging and Cooper is someone I want to see do well for extended periods of time against good corners. He blew up this week but I've been saying it at all year, he does extremely well against weak corners and completely vanishes when a team has a top corner on him all game. Philly may have the worst secondary in the NFL right now.

I agree I think you need to add to your RB's because 3 is not enough if you can help it, injuries and poor performance can too easily hurt your team. I like David Montgomery A LOT coming into the 2019 draft and think he'll be the RB1 rookie that you will probably be able to get with the 1.04. I'd be happy to move 2 of those 1sts for Kerryon or Michel if possible with the slight edge to Kerryon for me. I'd look at acquiring Cook for 2 1sts as well if possible, he's a buy low candidate that is just too good to stay unproductive for long. You may not have the window to buy him if he continues to play well through the end of the season.

A couple of other targets for me are Thielen, he should be valued the same as AB if you ask me but many will probably have him around the AJG value and I think adding a TE with one of your 1st round picks wouldn't be a bad idea. If you cna get OJ Howard for your latest 1st that would be awesome for security with HH. We still don't know if he will actually perform as a top 5 TE yet. We were all just speculating that was going to be the case before he tore his ACL
You're the man.

Thank you for the input, this is incredibly helpful! The Davis owner is asking for Gordon, a late first, and Kirk for him. Going to counter with someone other than Kirk (probably something like McGuire+future 3rd) to meet in the middle. I'd love to get my hands on Hopkins or Adams and am definitely going to send some offers to those owners. Probably will offer the 2 remaining firsts with J. Howard (and maybe something more) for Dalvin Cook and OJ Howard since that owner has both and is starting Kelce at the moment, and he was shopping OJ after the injury and prior to getting Kelce a week ago. If that doesn't stick, I can shoot some offers out revolving around the 2 firsts for an RB on the younger side like you mentioned. Thielen is a great idea too, since he'll probably be on the cheaper side like you mentioned, I'm thinking as undervalued as Baldwin was up until this season.

I was considering going for a RB in the draft but didn't know if Montgomery would last to 4 - he's my #1 RB coming out as well. Regardless, I could always package that pick + to move up a spot or two to secure Montgomery if I think another owner is considering him before then so I'll be taking that idea to the bank. I know there's some good WRs coming out and was considering dealing Landry and Gordon in deals for upgrades at the position. Getting Davis back for Gordon would be a good deal I think, and if I could turn Landry into someone more productive/reliable, heading into next season with OBJ, Golladay, Davis, Adams/Hopkins/Evans/Allen/Thielen/etc would be a much better WR core than I have now I would think.
Last edited by dgra94 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgra94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dgra94 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:04 pm Been a lifelong Lions fan. I also went to college at a MAC school, and watched Golladay throughout his whole college career. Y’all are welcome to believe whatever you want. The Lions suck, the fans are turning on Stafford, he’s not even a mediocre QB at this point, in fantasy or in real life.

I’m not saying Golladay isn’t talented and won’t be serviceable, but talk of him being a top 15 and #1 WR is laughable. This is nothing more than people overrating the lack of WRs in Detroit, and the talent of Stafford and the Lions. Stafford has been in the league for TEN years and EVERY single year people say, “just wait until next season when (fill in the blank happens)”. He’s done nothing but get worse every season. His numbers are abysmal.

Golladays ceiling is somewhere around 20-25 and a WR2.

Feel free to bookmark and reference this post at a later date.
With Jones and Golladay in the lineup (less double coverages centered on him), I'm thinking his value in dynasty has to be at least top 18 for WRs though after the Tate trade. What would you deal Golladay for out of curiosity?

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

dgra94 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm

You're the man.

Thank you for the input, this is incredibly helpful! The Davis owner is asking for Gordon, a late first, and Kirk for him. Going to counter with someone other than Kirk (probably something like McGuire+future 3rd) to meet in the middle. I'd love to get my hands on Hopkins or Adams and am definitely going to send some offers to those owners. Probably will offer the 2 remaining firsts with J. Howard (and maybe something more) for Dalvin Cook and OJ Howard since that owner has both and is starting Kelce at the moment, and he was shopping OJ after the injury and prior to getting Kelce a week ago. If that doesn't stick, I can shoot some offers out revolving around the 2 firsts for an RB on the younger side like you mentioned. Thielen is a great idea too, since he'll probably be on the cheaper side like you mentioned, I'm thinking as undervalued as Baldwin was up until this season.

I was considering going for a RB in the draft but didn't know if Montgomery would last to 4 - he's my #1 RB coming out as well. Regardless, I could always package that pick + to move up a spot or two to secure Montgomery if I think another owner is considering him before then so I'll be taking that idea to the bank. I know there's some good WRs coming out and was considering dealing Landry and Gordon in deals for upgrades at the position. Getting Davis back for Gordon would be a good deal I think, and if I could turn Landry into someone more productive/reliable, heading into next season with OBJ, Golladay, Davis, Adams/Hopkins/Evans/Allen/Thielen/etc would be a much better WR core than I have now I would think.
Howard+2 1sts for Cook and OJ Howard is a steal and would solve the RB/TE depth and think Cook is a perfect buy low candidate. You'd then have the 1.04 and another 1st as firepower for an upgrade. Try selling Gordon/Jarvis/late 1st for Adams or Dhop. That may work. That way you'll have OBJ/Dhop/Golladay at WR and two top 6 TE's, and 4 very solid young RB's. That's a dynasty in the making. Along with the 1.04 to either get a top 3 WR or like you said get Montgomery. you could even then package the 1.04 with Golladay for another top 5 WR asset, you're starting lineup would be amazing but you'd have little depth so that's something to keep in mind.

I like Davis a ton and have him in way too many dynasty leagues because of it but I think gordon+late 1st+kirk is way too steep. Kirk is a late 1st in his own right and so is Gordon. 3 late's is a lot for any player that doesn't have a proven track record.

Another option would be to do Golladay + 1.04 for Dhop/Adams/Tyreek/MT tier of WR.