Lamar Jackson Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Re: Lamar Jackson Trade

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 am because in a 1qb league i would pay pick 2.01 for a fringe qb1, not a rookie qb i have no faith in at all. and its do or die time and this just isnt a safe bet at all. if im willing to move mariota and 2.01 for a qb upgrade and a super safe play i would say that my absolute last target that would come to mind would be lamar jackson. id aim for anyone that has played multiple seasons at a pretty high level and that you feel safe about plugging in. to me mariota is the same unsafe gamble that jackson is and you would be paying a pick (and a decent one) to do so. thats why its a bad idea.
I totally understand your logic from a long term perspective. But my view was just for insurance this week- future. He would still be my QB2 ( see signature one).

Anyways, with all this being said. The Lamar Jackson owner has turned down my Mariota + 2.01 offer.

I am quite surprised.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm 125 yards no passings TDs, 75 rushing yards TD.

That's his floor. Imagine if he was behind in a game (this weekend). I project 225 yards 1 TD 90 rushing yards 2 rushing TDs. It's not out of the question. I understand where you are coming from that it's probably a lateral move long term.

However, lets say cam is out this weekend are you playing Lamar Jackson vs KC or Mariota vs JAX? Keep in mind Mariota plays tomorrow night too
Sounds like you favor playing matchups with QBs. That's playing with fire and has no good track record for success.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am
FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm 125 yards no passings TDs, 75 rushing yards TD.

That's his floor. Imagine if he was behind in a game (this weekend). I project 225 yards 1 TD 90 rushing yards 2 rushing TDs. It's not out of the question. I understand where you are coming from that it's probably a lateral move long term.

However, lets say cam is out this weekend are you playing Lamar Jackson vs KC or Mariota vs JAX? Keep in mind Mariota plays tomorrow night too
Sounds like you favor playing matchups with QBs. That's playing with fire and has no good track record for success.
Bortles won me a ship last year... Webb won me a ship a while back when he was on Minnesota. Just sayin' lol

RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am

If you reread every thread, you would know this isnt the case. I'd obviously fire up Cam Newton vs any team if hes good to go. Mariota plays tonight, so obviously I couldnt play him if news breaks that Newton is out. I still think newton plays but it's better to be prepared.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 am because in a 1qb league i would pay pick 2.01 for a fringe qb1, not a rookie qb i have no faith in at all. and its do or die time and this just isnt a safe bet at all. if im willing to move mariota and 2.01 for a qb upgrade and a super safe play i would say that my absolute last target that would come to mind would be lamar jackson. id aim for anyone that has played multiple seasons at a pretty high level and that you feel safe about plugging in. to me mariota is the same unsafe gamble that jackson is and you would be paying a pick (and a decent one) to do so. thats why its a bad idea.
I totally understand your logic from a long term perspective. But my view was just for insurance this week- future. He would still be my QB2 ( see signature one).

Anyways, with all this being said. The Lamar Jackson owner has turned down my Mariota + 2.01 offer.

I am quite surprised.
Why are you surprised? Mariota's perception (really the entire Titans offense) is in the dumps despite his past few games, while the Lamar Jackson hype train continues to roll. Most people that drafted Lamar were super high on him to begin with and they see no real reason to sell unless they get an overpayment. There isnt one Lamar truther out there that thinks Mariota and 2.01 is an overpayment at all.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

I am quite surprised.
Why are you surprised? Mariota's perception (really the entire Titans offense) is in the dumps despite his past few games, while the Lamar Jackson hype train continues to roll. Most people that drafted Lamar were super high on him to begin with and they see no real reason to sell unless they get an overpayment. There isnt one Lamar truther out there that thinks Mariota and 2.01 is an overpayment at all.
I totally agree if a truther. 3/4 of responses on here say I'm overpaying for a rookie qb.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am

FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am

I am quite surprised.
I totally agree if a truther. 3/4 of responses on here say I'm overpaying for a rookie qb.
I'm also with the 3/4 that you're overpaying for Lamar. I dont like him long term at all. I'm also not high on Mariota either for what that's worth. I have Mariota ranked slightly higher in dynasty though than Lamar, but I dont own either nor am I looking to purchase either.

Just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised at all because virtually everyone that owns Lamar Jackson is a Lamar truther.

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 am

jenkins.math wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am
FantasyFreakGuru wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:53 am

I'm also with the 3/4 that you're overpaying for Lamar. I dont like him long term at all. I'm also not high on Mariota either for what that's worth. I have Mariota ranked slightly higher in dynasty though than Lamar, but I dont own either nor am I looking to purchase either.

Just pointing out that you shouldn't be surprised at all because virtually everyone that owns Lamar Jackson is a Lamar truther.
Such a valid point. I just went back and did some research. I noticed this guy drafted Lamar in the first round. In a single QB league lol

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 am

The guy was raw coming out as a passer, and has vastly improved each game since preseason. He has the IT factor, this guy has been told all his life he's not a QB and here he is.

This is my take on him. He's being set up for success with a good organization, good coaching staff, RGIII to teach him what not to do.

They didn't trade up for nothing.

I'm not debating anything, just my point of view so far, Ive liked his strides each game he has taken. He keeps the clock going with he playmaking ability, he is like a Game manager+++.

Not a guy who I think will pass for 4000 yards but I'm thinking around Tyrod for passing yards around 3000 and 1300-1500 for rushing.

Sprinkle in some passing TDs and rushing, that's 4300 total all purpose yards and 25-30 all purpose TD's.

This is what I think the guy could be, and if he's better than that, that's just extra.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 am
Not a guy who I think will pass for 4000 yards but I'm thinking around Tyrod for passing yards around 3000 and 1300-1500 for rushing.

Sprinkle in some passing TDs and rushing, that's 4300 total all purpose yards and 25-30 all purpose TD's.

This is what I think the guy could be, and if he's better than that, that's just extra.
1327 rushing yards led the NFL last season. 2nd was 1305. Your floor would have had him 3rd in rushing the last 2 seasons.

There has only been a single 1000 yard rushing season by a QB (Vick with 1,039) in the history of the NFL and you think this dude is just going to shatter that every single year? You're saying his baseline is something far beyond anything the NFL has ever seen.

What's ironic about that season for Vick is that is the only season of his career he played all 16 games.

As I stated above, the individuals that like Lamar have him valued insanely high. Now if you own Lamar, find that truther in your league and sell him if they believe he is transcendent like this.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:55 am

Ya I love Lamar as much as anyone, but AVERAGING 1,300+ yards rushing per year is crazy. He wont average 1,000 but he will probably go over it at some point, possibly multiple times, and maybe even set the season yardage mark at some point. His rushing ability gives him an extraordinarily high fantasy ceiling which is why I've stocked up on as many shares as I can. I understand the questions and concerns about him and I honestly can't tell you if he will develop into a good enough passer to stick long-term, but I think he has the talent and tools to do so with the right coaching. The reason I am a buyer though is that I know he is going to be an absolute star if he does actually develop as hoped for, and I am always in on massive potential like that. I would much rather own him and he doesn't pan out than pass on him and watch him going off for someone else when he could have been on my team, that's just how I play and my personal philosophy though, to each their own.