Another Ware question

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who do you prefer?

Ware
58%
Mack
42%

Total votes: 19

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Another Ware question

Postby NFL123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Who would you rather have - Ware or Marlon Mack?

I own Mack but he has competition, been a bit injury prone and they have the cap space to go out and get someone like Bell.

Ware has a free run till the end of the season, although a free agent surely they will keep him and his competition would either be a free agent or a draft pick.

The other thing is I'm going for a title and it's difficult to see Mack getting more than Ware for the rest of the season.

Would really appreciate your thoughts, am I over valuing Ware?
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Another Ware question

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Gimme ware if I'm competing

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:00 pm

ROS Ware... dyno its closer... would depend what both teams do in offseason... As an LSU fan Ive always thought Ware was talented and if he performs well KC could bring him back

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:12 pm

i think i would rather have Mack...
to me, KC told us all we needed to know when they drafted Hunt in the 3rd round (pretty high in todays NFL standards)...he will probably finish the year as KC RB1 (though i am not sure that is even a given)..but they will likely draft another or get a free agent (Bell, Yeldon, Tevin, Ingram)..they don't have much choice the rest of this season
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:08 pm

vixen wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:12 pm i think i would rather have Mack...
to me, KC told us all we needed to know when they drafted Hunt in the 3rd round (pretty high in todays NFL standards)...he will probably finish the year as KC RB1 (though i am not sure that is even a given)..but they will likely draft another or get a free agent (Bell, Yeldon, Tevin, Ingram)..they don't have much choice the rest of this season
Aside from Bell who they cant afford Ware is just as good as the others on that list and knows the system imo... Ware was the starter over Hunt until a season ending injury... and with the season Hunt had he took the job and ran with it. Imo they will either resign Ware or draft somebody... they cant really afford to pay big $$ to a FA RB...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Ware ROS is close, but i dont think he will be much long term. They will draft and/or sign someone semi-significant.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:40 am

Friction wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 pm Ware ROS is close, but i dont think he will be much long term. They will draft and/or sign someone semi-significant.
Ware is -- or at least was, pre-injury -- so much better than people think. He has a 4.7 career YPA, one of the highest in the league among active RBs with at least 300 carries. Also really good receiving numbers. He was legitimately good in the feature role in 2016, and that offense was nothing special led by Captain Checkdown.

He has looked a little less shifty to me this year than he was in 2016, but if he shows out in these final games as the bellcow, I don't see why he won't return as the feature back. He only turned 27 a week ago. Chiefs will probably add someone in round 3 or 4 to groom for taking over in a couple years. There's no way in heck they're going to overinvest in RB if Ware plays well; they've already transitioned to being a heavy pass offense, and they'll want to spend most of their resources on D and ensuring the OL remains steady.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:09 am

I was always shocked that KC went RB so high in that draft and that Ware was never seen again. Ware did it before this Mahomes guy sparked the offense and I know it has been a while but he's been on the team the whole time so it's not like he just got picked up off the street. A lot of RB would be studs on this team