sony or chubb?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

sony or chubb?

sony michel
16%
nick chubb
84%

Total votes: 58

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: sony or chubb?

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:02 pm

I would rather have Chubb but wouldn’t add a 1st to Sony.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:32 am

I preferred Chubb during my rookie draft. I was worried a bit when Sony was doing well....but this is dynasty. Now after Hyde was traded and they canned Jackson, I am very happy I have Chubb over Sony. I don't think a first would even do it for me to close the gap.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm
Titans95 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm I don't understand why Chubb is in a better situation? Sony is getting as many carries as Chubb is getting and is on a more potent offense.

I lean Chubb if I could pick one but if I owned Sony I wouldn't add a thing to acquire Chubb. Both are producing rookies, both have knee issues, both are getting 20+ carries per game, both have solid receiving backs behind them.
Brady files for Medicare this coming June I think...how much longer is that a potent offense when they lose him given the draft isn't likely to yield anyone good in the 20's.

I would need a mid-first at minimum to move Chubb for Sony. All these people saying they would take a 2nd are crazy. This draft is thin and the talent in the 2nd round is gonna be a coin flip at best. Chubb should feast without much competition for the next 3 years which is all you can ask for a RB.
This is BB we are talking about here, We can't deny Brady was a huge part of their success but he's undeniably the best coach in the NFL and consistently turns mediocre players into studs. Maybe they go out and get Teddy, Maybe they draft a JG type in the draft this year who knows. I like the outlook of the brown's future but come on....they have a LONG way to go to even be in the discussion of a Bradyless Patriots team.

I think a lot people's pre season valuations are making them biased and it's probably making me biased. I had Sony just ahead of Chubb as a prospect and was actually pretty happy he went to NE. I'm loving what Chubb is doing and think he probably has the higher ceiling and potentially larger workload so that's why I said I'd probably draft him over Sony if I had a choice. I own both in multiple leagues and I would not add much if anything at all to Sony to acquire Chubb. Both are in good situations going forward

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:04 am

[/quote]

This is BB we are talking about here, We can't deny Brady was a huge part of their success but he's undeniably the best coach in the NFL and consistently turns mediocre players into studs. Maybe they go out and get Teddy, Maybe they draft a JG type in the draft this year who knows. I like the outlook of the brown's future but come on....they have a LONG way to go to even be in the discussion of a Bradyless Patriots team.

[/quote]

i think ur discrediting what the browns are doing and how good baker mayfield is. The Browns are looking like there gonna be pretty good and would easily compete with a "bradyless patriots team"
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Chubb side for me by about a late 1st in this upcoming draft. He appears to be completely healed up from his knee issues, meanwhile Sonys injury issues keep popping up. NTM, the overall age of each teams core comes into play, the pats are all creeping towards retirement, while the Browns have a team full of youth at the skill positions.

There is the BB argument, but once Brady goes there's no way of knowing how long BB is gonna want to stick around. BB is gonna be 67 next year, don't know if he'll keep coaching into his 70s...

Chubb is the safer choice for sure. Don't forget Chubb was projected along the same lines of Gurley and Fournette before his injury, and since he started getting 'starter' workloads (week 7 - now), he's the RB7 in ppg. The only guys in front of him: McCaff, Kamara, Hunt, Barkley, Gurley, Zeke.

Meanwhile, since Sony has begun to get a starter workload (week 3 - now), he's RB26 on ppg. It's true that he did get hurt in week 7, but even if we just use his best small sample size (weeks 3-6), that would make Sony the RB16 with a ppg of 15.7 - compared with Chubb's ppg of 19.7

I know those numbers obvs don't tell the whole story, and it's easy to poke holes, but Chubb has been better in pretty much everyway. That combined with the ages of each teams core make this a bigger bridge to gap than Sony owners would like to admit.

Sony is a great player, but there are more red flags about his injury issues, and his situation.