Awful trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
erkk
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Awful trade

Postby erkk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 pm

What do your by-laws state:

The following are my rules: Basically - you have to be careful on what you are doing

Any trade agreed upon by any owners may be put forth but if any challenges occur by another franchise within 48 hours the trade will go to a league wide vote excluding the parties involved in the trade. 10 Owners will vote. 7 votes either way will win with a tie making the trade valid and complete. (If the vote does not get the required 7 votes, it will be as if the trade was upheld.) Accidental trade proposals are considered legal and if accepted by the accepting party before a revoke is made, is considered a proposed trade,an accepted trade and is final. Care must be taken to review your proposals before hitting the propose button. In the event that a trade is accidentally accepted, the trade will be deemed final by the league and may only be reversed if the two owners so choose. The only exception to this rule is if one of the owners involved is neither receiving or giving up a player in the deal. Please take care when viewing trade offers.
Team 1 - 12 team
QB - R. Wilson, J. Herbert, Cam Newton, J Stideham
RB - D. Cook, N. Chubb, Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Duke Johnson
WR - D. Adams, M. Evans, B. Cooks, OBJ, Gallup, John Brown, G. Tate, Mooney, Agholor, Byrd, Duvernary
TE - Gronk, Ertz, Gesicki, Richard Rogers, Everett, K. Smith
K - Koo, Bullock
DT - Richardson, Autry
DE - JPP, D Lawrence, E. Griffen, Idebajeo
LB - B. Martinez, A. Johnson, Schobert, Bostic, Onwusar, Nwosu, Malik Reed, P. Smith
CB - Peters, Desir, Ward, Jonathan Jones, T. White
S - C. Clark, K. Neal, Maye, Tartt, Ronnie Harrison

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:51 pm

It sucks when you have a bad owner, but eventually they learn, I my self have taken advantage of a team. Its the nature of FF, no trade is ever going to be even, trades will more likely be lopsided. That's just what happens.

Just look on the forums of trades that go down.

You just want to make sure you aren't the guy that gets swindled.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 am

mzkp54 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm Update on this: so the owner who sent CMC sent out an email soon after saying that it was a mistaken offer and he hadn't included everything. Most of the league wants it reversed because of this. In the past, in other leagues where this has happened, the owners have always just reversed the trade themselves, but in this case, the new CMC owner is basically saying too bad, and we're all just upset because he's created a dynasty and we don't think we can beat him.

Curious how others would handle a situation like this.
The issue is that you can never tell if other leaguemates influenced the follow up email.

Assuming they did not, and he doesnt want to reverse..... Let him keep cmc, and the other 11 can copy rosters and start another league with a replacement owner next season.

May seem childish, but these leagues are meant to last several years. We didnt want some arse hole getting over on us because of a simple mistake by another leaguemate. I certainly understand playing cutthroat, but if anyone takes pride in building their team through a mistake offer.... Shame on you.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 am

mzkp54 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm Update on this: so the owner who sent CMC sent out an email soon after saying that it was a mistaken offer and he hadn't included everything. Most of the league wants it reversed because of this. In the past, in other leagues where this has happened, the owners have always just reversed the trade themselves, but in this case, the new CMC owner is basically saying too bad, and we're all just upset because he's created a dynasty and we don't think we can beat him.

Had this happen to me twice, once where an owner included both pieces he was considering for one of my guys and I accepted. A second time when I think I hit Bruce Ellington instead of Deandre Hopkins....
Both times me and the other owner simply reversed the trade on our own and reworked negotiations around what was intended.

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am

Not a horrible trade but I had a guy drop Melvin Gordon after his recent injury in my 24 team league. He's a playoff team and Gordon isn't ir elligable in that league. So I got Gordon for free. It's a move that isn't great for the league as I know have Gordon, Chubb. Guice, Lindsay, R.Freeman, to go along with Mahomes, H.Henry, Moore, Sutton. Felt bad about grabbing him off the wire but if I didn't another team would have. It'll definitely be a learning experience for ththe owner that dropped Gordon.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:38 am

Yep not cool I've sent one mistaken offer in the past and it was this year I meant to ask for Hopkins and I asked for Penny. You can imagine the sizeable offer I made. Clearly realizing there was a mistake the other owner rejected it. We were discussing hopkins so he had a good idea but there's no reason to be that way
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 am

In most cases, I have had a few, where I accept a trade, and it seemed lopsided in my favour, and the person immediately sends out an email saying exactly this. I just resent the trade back to the other owner and that was that. More pieces were supposed to be included was exactly the mistake they made. If it was not buyers remorse, as in, days later, then the guy should do the honourable thing and reverse it. I was working on a deal for Hunt and sent the offer for Hyde by accident a few weeks ago. The other owner was honest enough to let me know, as we had been talking about the deal for days. Most owners are honest, and will realize a clear honest mistake. I think the commish needs to step in for the health of the league, and because the guy who apparently made the mistake is new to dynasty, to find out if it was a mistake or buyers remorse. It's a slippery slope, but the commish needs to have direct communications with both owners on this for the future health of the league.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 am

In most cases, I have had a few, where I accept a trade, and it seemed lopsided in my favour, and the person immediately sends out an email saying exactly this. I just resent the trade back to the other owner and that was that. More pieces were supposed to be included was exactly the mistake they made. If it was not buyers remorse, as in, days later, then the guy should do the honourable thing and reverse it. I was working on a deal for Hunt and sent the offer for Hyde by accident a few weeks ago. The other owner was honest enough to let me know, as we had been talking about the deal for days. Most owners are honest, and will realize a clear honest mistake. I think the commish needs to step in for the health of the league, and because the guy who apparently made the mistake is new to dynasty, to find out if it was a mistake or buyers remorse. It's a slippery slope, but the commish needs to have direct communications with both owners on this for the future health of the league.
Totally agree on this. If the new CMC owner is saying "well too bad" then just reverse the trade and see if he has the balls to leave a stacked team like that. Mistakes happen all the time. This CMC owner sounds like a real dick.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:01 am

A-train wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am Not a horrible trade but I had a guy drop Melvin Gordon after his recent injury in my 24 team league. He's a playoff team and Gordon isn't ir elligable in that league. So I got Gordon for free. It's a move that isn't great for the league as I know have Gordon, Chubb. Guice, Lindsay, R.Freeman, to go along with Mahomes, H.Henry, Moore, Sutton. Felt bad about grabbing him off the wire but if I didn't another team would have. It'll definitely be a learning experience for ththe owner that dropped Gordon.
Unless I am missing something or this is redraft, dropping MG is the WORST move in the history of FF.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 am

If the guy cares so much about winning FF that he wont fix an honest mistake, I dont want to be playing with him.

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:06 am

jomaed wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:01 am
A-train wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am Not a horrible trade but I had a guy drop Melvin Gordon after his recent injury in my 24 team league. He's a playoff team and Gordon isn't ir elligable in that league. So I got Gordon for free. It's a move that isn't great for the league as I know have Gordon, Chubb. Guice, Lindsay, R.Freeman, to go along with Mahomes, H.Henry, Moore, Sutton. Felt bad about grabbing him off the wire but if I didn't another team would have. It'll definitely be a learning experience for ththe owner that dropped Gordon.
Unless I am missing something or this is redraft, dropping MG is the WORST move in the history of FF.
I agree which is why I was shocked when it happened. I had a high priority and happened to be able to add him to my team. I'm also in the playoffs but dropping a bottom bench guy for Gordon was an easy decision. Part if me feels like bleep for scooping him up but at the same time the other guy never said it was a mistake in email or the chat. So I grabbed him.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans