Team Destruction??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a Side

Melvin Gordon + 2019 1st (7-10) + 2 2020 1st + Tyrell Williams
69%
Todd Gurley + Malcolm Brown
31%

Total votes: 29

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Team Destruction??

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:57 pm

jkid2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm I’m pretty new to dynasty and I panicked with the deal because it was right before the trade deadline. I really appreciate the feedback and I know it was a big mistake in retrospect. I guess all I can do now is try to move forward the best I can and try to hit on my picks this year or trade back into the 2020 draft with them later in the offseason.
It's not the end of the world, you still got Gurley and you have some nice pieces to work with and it looks like you still have 2 2019 1sts. We all win and lose trades. I'd potentially shop Gurley around and see if you can get a similar overpay to what you did. If not just hang on to the best Rb in the NFL.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:57 pm
jkid2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm I’m pretty new to dynasty and I panicked with the deal because it was right before the trade deadline. I really appreciate the feedback and I know it was a big mistake in retrospect. I guess all I can do now is try to move forward the best I can and try to hit on my picks this year or trade back into the 2020 draft with them later in the offseason.
It's not the end of the world, you still got Gurley and you have some nice pieces to work with and it looks like you still have 2 2019 1sts. We all win and lose trades. I'd potentially shop Gurley around and see if you can get a similar overpay to what you did. If not just hang on to the best Rb in the NFL.
I'll try to do that, but trading is closed until after week 16. And yeah, I'm aware that I have a good selection of picks for 2019 and I still have 2 extra 2nds in 2020, so it is not the end of the world in terms of that draft either. I just want to find the best way to move on with what I have and I know that other teams would love to build around OBJ, Hill, and Gurley, so I'm not too worried.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 pm

jkid2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm
I'll try to do that, but trading is closed until after week 16. And yeah, I'm aware that I have a good selection of picks for 2019 and I still have 2 extra 2nds in 2020, so it is not the end of the world in terms of that draft either. I just want to find the best way to move on with what I have and I know that other teams would love to build around OBJ, Hill, and Gurley, so I'm not too worried.
yeah for sure, those are 3 stud muffins. Maybe try packaging Carson with someone to get a 2020 1st. I think that would be a great trade and set you up nicely for that draft class.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 pm
jkid2 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm

yeah for sure, those are 3 stud muffins. Maybe try packaging Carson with someone to get a 2020 1st. I think that would be a great trade and set you up nicely for that draft class.
That was exactly my plan for Carson. Glad to know someone is on the same page.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

it's not a terrible trade. sometimes you have to give more to get value and while you may not "win" the trade, you have arguably one of the best assets in dynasty. you went for the 'ship and you missed out but no need to beat yourself about it. kind of reminds me of the chris webber for penny hardaway + three first-round picks trade back in the day. just stay the course and do your best!
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock