Another Team Advice Thread....

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Another Team Advice Thread....

Postby elvisn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:31 pm

---
Last edited by elvisn on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Another Team Advice Thread....

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm

I like the team! tough breaks as well...

Brees and McCoy are the only pressing sells I see, but with the 1.01 at stake I'd be going for the ship or the pick. I say stay with what ya got and hope Davis and Ridley can put up some big games as FLEX options

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

So the winner of the consolation bracket gets the 1.01? Wouldn't that make it extremely difficult for the worst team in the league to climb out of the hole they are in?

Either way you need to finish strong this year so hang tight. I would've recommend selling Shady this summer but that's long gone and he may come in handy down the stretch. This Off season it's time to sell Brees and Shady though for whatever you can get. Probably sell Brate too if possible. Unfortunate that you need him down the stretch as this isthe best time to get a 2nd round pick for him.

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 pm

It's our first year, and only acquired Brees and Shady in a trade for Alfred Morris and Geronimo Allison when Jimmy G went down for the season. So I'll definitely look to move them on in the off-season. I only picked Brate up to stop my opponent this week from getting him, he's only got Kelce. So he'll be moved on in the off-season too.

I was all for helping the worst team, but the consolation bracket was voted on and is making everyone keep an interest for the whole season which is good. But we did have 1 owner who didn't realise and when he lost the first 4 games, he sold all his asests for peanuts and magic beans, so I'm kind of glad he won't be rewarded with the 1.01 for doing that. From next year tho we'll revise and probably do the top 2 picks on potential points, and then 3+4 picks being the prizes in the consolation bracket.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR

RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.

Picks:

Team 2

RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:10 pm

I wouldn't do much. Agree with trying to move McCoy and Brees if you're out of it or at least during the offseason. But I would definitely go after another stud QB to replace him and not have to rely on Mariota next year.

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Which QBs should I target and what's a reasonable price? It's only a 1QB league, but yet other teams are hoarding QBs and TEs, so it may require an over pay.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR

Picks:

Team 2

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:27 pm

elvisn wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm Which QBs should I target and what's a reasonable price? It's only a 1QB league, but yet other teams are hoarding QBs and TEs, so it may require an over pay.
Hard to know what you'd have to pay, but I'd go after the top guys. Start with Mahomes and work your way down to Goff, Luck, Wilson types. Again, depending on what they would cost, but I do think it'll be important to have a good QB if you want to compete next year.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm

elvisn wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm Which QBs should I target and what's a reasonable price? It's only a 1QB league, but yet other teams are hoarding QBs and TEs, so it may require an over pay.
It depends on what you're going for. Depending on what you can get for brees/Shady. I'd package those 2 and see if I could get lucky and get a top young QB like Wentz (down year so maybe...?).

Big Ben is producing at a high level you culd probably get for cheap and probably has a couple more years in him compared to Brees. I'd also look at getting the next big thing and going after Baker/Lamar Jackson, I think Jameis would be the best value from production/age standpoint, he's probably dirt cheap and he's producing like a top 5 QB when he isn't getting benched. If you want to pay for a pricier QB go for Wentz/Watson since they had down years. Rodgers is another buy-low candidate.

My ultimate target that I think is the best value for their production and age is Luck. He's currently the Qb7 on the year with practically no real weapons outside of TY. Go get him now before he blows up next year

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks for the QB advice. I've sent some offers and I'll see what comes back. I reckon Winston or Wilson are attainable for Brees. And just got an offer of Ekeler for Shady from a contender. So I'll need to see if that's the right play.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR

Picks:

Team 2

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 pm

personally, i wouldn't sell McCoy for Ekeler...especially if in a playoff hunt...that will surely destroy it all...add a 2nd to ekeler
i would guess that you can get Wilson, but, personally...that is not the QB i would target...
Mahomes is probably the most expensive...i will add Rodgers to the list..he has had quite a down year by his standards, so he might come at a discount
Luck is the 2nd QB i would want (behind Mahomes)..probably a little more expensive than Rodgers and Wilson
in order for me: Mahomes, Luck, Goff, Rodgers, Wentz, Wilson...i might switch Wentz and Rodgers due to age
good luck on your quest for the ship or the pick

btw: in one of my dynasty leagues the loser's bracket plays for 1.01 as well...however, the worst 2 teams get the bye and then a handicap pt system is used
Team 1 (Last place during regular season) 25 points
Team 2 (2nd to last during regular season) 20 points
Team 3 15 points
Team 4 10 points
Team 5 5 points
Team 6 0 extra points

it works quite nicely and one of the bottom 2 teams have usually won the 1.01 in the 10+ years of the league
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris