Nick Mullens

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Nick Mullens

Postby dougw060 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 am

Team 1 in sig below. 1 QB league.

My current TEs are Kittle, Howard, and Engram.

I have Mahomes on bye and Alex Smith injured and need a QB streamer this week. Best options on waiver wire are Josh McCown (assuming Darnold sits) and Chase Daniel.

Would you move OJ Howard for:

Nick Mullens + Dallas Goedert + 2019 mid 2nd?

Mullens plays the Bucs this week.
I'm in too many leagues to list them here :wave:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nick Mullens

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am

No. If you're moving Howard, get a QB that will have a starting job next year.

dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dougw060 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am No. If you're moving Howard, get a QB that will have a starting job next year.
I feel comfortable with Mahomes/Smith next year. Mullens is more of a throw in for this week, not my target player.

Goedert is the piece I am most interested in out of the package I would receive.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 am

dougw060 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 am
Goddard wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am No. If you're moving Howard, get a QB that will have a starting job next year.
I feel comfortable with Mahomes/Smith next year. Mullens is more of a throw in for this week, not my target player.

Goedert is the piece I am most interested in out of the package I would receive.
I understand that, but Goedert and a 2nd wouldn't be enough to move Howard for me. The reason I say get a QB who'll have a job next year is so he'll at least have some trade value and you can get something in return during the offseason (or next season). Also, I don't know when Smith returns or if he'll be reliable as a backup.

dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dougw060 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 am
dougw060 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 am

I understand that, but Goedert and a 2nd wouldn't be enough to move Howard for me. The reason I say get a QB who'll have a job next year is so he'll at least have some trade value and you can get something in return during the offseason (or next season). Also, I don't know when Smith returns or if he'll be reliable as a backup.
Good point. Just easier said than done in this league I guess. QBs are expensive in this league for a 1QB league (ex. Brees owner wants a 1st).

If I target a QB that has a job next year the QB would probably be one of the better pieces in the package I would be offered. That being said, I wouldn't want the best piece I get back to be a QB if I already have Mahomes/Smith.