Who is everyone trying to buy low right now?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lambeau Connection
Captain
Captain

Who is everyone trying to buy low right now?

Postby Lambeau Connection » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Who is everyone trying to buy low right now. Trading deadline is approaching and I am trying to take advantage of player values right now.
Team 1: The Lambeau Connection

10 Team PPR, 27 Man Squad, 6 Points for all tds
1QB, 1Superflex, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2 WR/RB/TE Flex, K, DEF

QB: Rodgers, Brees, Goff, Mariota
RB: Zeke, Jonathan Taylor Ingram, Vaughn, Jamaal Williams, Pollard
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Adams, JuJu, McLaurin, Reagor, Pittman, Van Jefferson, Anthony Miller, M. Lee, Callaway, Hamilton,
TE: Hockenson,Graham, Jonnu Smith, Eifert, Reed

Team 2:
12 Team PPR, 4 Points for all tds
Superflex, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones, Big Ben
RB:
WR: Michael Thomas, Hopkins, Mike Evans, Sutton, Boyd, Hardman, Golden Tate
TE: Fant, O.J. Howard

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who is everyone trying to buy low right now?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Marlon Mack. The guy has made explosive plays since he entered the league, and with the revamped OL and Luck under center, he has looked really good this year, since returning from his hamstring injury that cost him the first part of the season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Deon Cain. Just attended an event Chris Ballard spoke at. I asked him why we didn't make an effort to trade for Josh Gordon when we have a clear need. His answer was "We have had a great rookie class this year. Leonard and Nelson are getting all the buzz, but Deon is going to be the best player from the class. I didn't inquire about Gordon because he would just be a one year placeholder for Deon." I was all ready high on him based on the preseason, now I have offers out on him in every league I don't own him.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 pm

I was able to buy Penny low. I think he has ups and downs the rest of the season, but it all hopes for next year

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:48 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:31 pm Deon Cain. Just attended an event Chris Ballard spoke at. I asked him why we didn't make an effort to trade for Josh Gordon when we have a clear need. His answer was "We have had a great rookie class this year. Leonard and Nelson are getting all the buzz, but Deon is going to be the best player from the class. I didn't inquire about Gordon because he would just be a one year placeholder for Deon." I was all ready high on him based on the preseason, now I have offers out on him in every league I don't own him.
Why does this sound fishy to me...

As much as I like my ear being tickled, having Cain stashed, this just sounds a bit off considering teams are always looking to win now.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Contenders: Gronk, K Rudolph, AP, D Martin, Crowell, L Miller, Baldwin, Hilton, AJG

Rebuilders: Landry, Tre'Quan, Michel, D Cook, Darnold, Winston, Engram, Njoku, Gallup, D Westbrook, H Henry, Ajayi, Godwin
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:48 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:31 pm Deon Cain. Just attended an event Chris Ballard spoke at. I asked him why we didn't make an effort to trade for Josh Gordon when we have a clear need. His answer was "We have had a great rookie class this year. Leonard and Nelson are getting all the buzz, but Deon is going to be the best player from the class. I didn't inquire about Gordon because he would just be a one year placeholder for Deon." I was all ready high on him based on the preseason, now I have offers out on him in every league I don't own him.
Why does this sound fishy to me...

As much as I like my ear being tickled, having Cain stashed, this just sounds a bit off considering teams are always looking to win now.
When an NFL GM who has a pretty good track record of identifying talent throws praise on a player, I listen. He'll never be cheaper and has tons of upside
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 pm

i like it, i have him stashed in a couple leagues...
considering offering enunwa and a late 2nd for Cain in one of my leagues
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm

vixen wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 pm
Seems like an overpay. Not that a late 2nd or Enunwa is worth much on their own but most likely Cain was going in the back of the 3rd round last year and he had a little bit of hype in training camp but nothing too crazy. Not sure why his value would spike so much

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:37 pm

The fact that Ballard apparently states Cain will be better than Leonard or Nelson should tell you all you need to know about his level of trustworthiness to a random audience. Take it with a grain of salt and don’t overpay.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 pm Marlon Mack. The guy has made explosive plays since he entered the league, and with the revamped OL and Luck under center, he has looked really good this year, since returning from his hamstring injury that cost him the first part of the season.
He was just mentioned in another thread and was the first guy to jump to mind here. Love this pick.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:07 am

skip wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:48 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 pm Marlon Mack. The guy has made explosive plays since he entered the league, and with the revamped OL and Luck under center, he has looked really good this year, since returning from his hamstring injury that cost him the first part of the season.
He was just mentioned in another thread and was the first guy to jump to mind here. Love this pick.
I’m a big fan of Mack as well, but I fear the buy-low window on him has already closed. Can’t imagine anyone selling for less than a mid 1st. If you can get him for a late 1st or less, by all means, pounce.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Seems like an overpay. Not that a late 2nd or Enunwa is worth much on their own but most likely Cain was going in the back of the 3rd round last year and he had a little bit of hype in training camp but nothing too crazy. Not sure why his value would spike so much

i ended up making a deal and got Cain as a throw in
i gave Penny, Gallup, mid 1st and 2nd
i got Dalvin and Cain
i also have Cooper and when he got traded to Dallas, i suddenly ended up with 2 Dallas WRs....
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:29 am

vixen wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 am
Titans95 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:18 pm

i ended up making a deal and got Cain as a throw in
i gave Penny, Gallup, mid 1st and 2nd
i got Dalvin and Cain
i also have Cooper and when he got traded to Dallas, i suddenly ended up with 2 Dallas WRs....
I like it, I'm still not losing faith in Penny but I'm even more so trying to acquire Dalvin wherever I can because I think this is the last window to buy low on him.

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:15 pm

I got Penny and DJ Moore a few weeks ago. Godwin might be a good target. Henry the TE. Jimmy G. Curtis Samuel can probably be had for a 3rd.