Sell Drake for which QB in superflex

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sell Drake for which QB in superflex

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Full rebuild in a 12 team superflex. Not hellbent on selling Drake but I wouldn’t be opposed to selling Drake for a younger QB. Currently have Watson and Mullens at QB.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Sell Drake for which QB in superflex

Postby AlPal&Ange » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm

I'd target guys like Mariota, Dak, Darnold.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm

AlPal&Ange wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm I'd target guys like Mariota, Dak, Darnold.
Would a guy like Garoppolo be too much? Not the biggest fan of Mariota or Dak. And Darnold isn’t gonna develop until they fire Todd Bowles.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 pm

I think your aiming a bit too high for Drake. He's been good with his touches but the volume just hasn't been there and a lot of people are scared off by that. Your probably looking more at like a Winston, Allen, or Carr IMO.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:51 pm

in a superflex league, i wouldn't send Dak, Darnold or Mariota for Drake...so if you can get any of them...take it
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 pm I think your aiming a bit too high for Drake. He's been good with his touches but the volume just hasn't been there and a lot of people are scared off by that. Your probably looking more at like a Winston, Allen, or Carr IMO.
Do any of these QBs have long term potential? Winston has an awesome offense around him but is reckless as hell with the ball. Allen is in a terrible offense and is getting outplayed by Matt Barkley. Carr is anyone’s guess and would likely benefit the most from a change of scenery to get away from Gruden. All these guys have a ton of question marks...and same with Mariota, Dak and Darnold.

If I had to guess I would say Winston prob has the biggest short term upside (not counting this year). And I think Darnold prob has the biggest long term upside (as soon as they get a new coach).

Tough crown as they all have their warts, but then again, Drake has a 5’9” 217 lb 35 year old wart.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:51 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 pm I think your aiming a bit too high for Drake. He's been good with his touches but the volume just hasn't been there and a lot of people are scared off by that. Your probably looking more at like a Winston, Allen, or Carr IMO.
Do any of these QBs have long term potential? Winston has an awesome offense around him but is reckless as hell with the ball. Allen is in a terrible offense and is getting outplayed by Matt Barkley. Carr is anyone’s guess and would likely benefit the most from a change of scenery to get away from Gruden. All these guys have a ton of question marks...and same with Mariota, Dak and Darnold.

If I had to guess I would say Winston prob has the biggest short term upside (not counting this year). And I think Darnold prob has the biggest long term upside (as soon as they get a new coach).

Tough crown as they all have their warts, but then again, Drake has a 5’9” 217 lb 35 year old wart.
That's the thing I think with Drake your gonna end up getting a QB that has some significant issues, I would've said mariota was a good target but he's started looking a lot better of late so most of his owners are just holding

The other issue is a lot of young QBs right now look like long term studs( goff, mahomes, watson, wentz) or look to be headed the wrong way real quick. Other than the 2018 rookies who I think are the best targets for him as we haven't seen much, there honestly isn't a guy who looks good but not great other than Dak, but I think most of his owners are just waiting to see.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

That's the thing I think with Drake your gonna end up getting a QB that has some significant issues, I would've said mariota was a good target but he's started looking a lot better of late so most of his owners are just holding

The other issue is a lot of young QBs right now look like long term studs( goff, mahomes, watson, wentz) or look to be headed the wrong way real quick. Other than the 2018 rookies who I think are the best targets for him as we haven't seen much, there honestly isn't a guy who looks good but not great other than Dak, but I think most of his owners are just waiting to see.
Yeah that’s sorta the conundrum I am in. Like I said before, there’s no rush to sell him, but I would rather have a young QB (or WR) to build around...both these positions I am weak in. I would love to solidify my QB2 position but I just don’t see it happening in a Drake deal. If these are the QBs to target, then I may just hold or try moving Drake for a WR. None of these QBs are really guys I am comfortable betting long term on. But I guess that’s what Drake will get me these days. I’m still holding out hope one Drake - maybe Gore retires. But who knows what Miami will do then...prob draft a RB in the 1st round.

But of course I didn’t expect to get some young stud QB for Drake straight up. Ill send out some offers now but I’ll prob wait til the offseason and maybe package Drake and some picks for a better option.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:26 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Yeah that’s sorta the conundrum I am in. Like I said before, there’s no rush to sell him, but I would rather have a young QB (or WR) to build around...both these positions I am weak in. I would love to solidify my QB2 position but I just don’t see it happening in a Drake deal. If these are the QBs to target, then I may just hold or try moving Drake for a WR. None of these QBs are really guys I am comfortable betting long term on. But I guess that’s what Drake will get me these days. I’m still holding out hope one Drake - maybe Gore retires. But who knows what Miami will do then...prob draft a RB in the 1st round.

But of course I didn’t expect to get some young stud QB for Drake straight up. Ill send out some offers now but I’ll prob wait til the offseason and maybe package Drake and some picks for a better option.
Sounds like you're lower on those QBs that most people, and also higher on Drake than most people. I kinda feel similarly, but I don't see you getting a deal done here.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm

There is not a single QB listed so far on this thread that I would trade for Drake -- except for Mullens, listed in OP's original post.
Last edited by moishetreats on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm

moishetreats wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm There is not a single QB listed so far on this thread that I would trade for Drake -- except for Mullens, listed in OP's original post.
Man I guess I am higher on Drake than the majority. Prob why I can’t get a deal done with Drake.

What QB would you take for Drake?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 pm
moishetreats wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm There is not a single QB listed so far on this thread that I would trade for Drake -- except for Mullens, listed in OP's original post.
Man I guess I am higher on Drake than the majority. Prob why I can’t get a deal done with Drake.

What QB would you take for Drake?
QBs are gold in SF. And Drake is... we dont even know anymore...

If I had like Flacco or Eli as my 4th option I'd trade for Drake.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree. Drake has no long term value, imo. He's not getting as many reps as Gore for a reason... He's just not that good. Backup level talent and unlikely to get a starting QB in trade.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.