OBJ - what would you pay?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
John10684
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

OBJ - what would you pay?

Postby John10684 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 am

Hi guys,

My friend has OBJ and he doesn't like him, personality-wise, which is fair enough. He wants rid and I easily have the ammunition to get him, more so than anyone else at WR and I was wondering what people would pay for him. I don't really need him and any deal would cost me depth in a year where I have a chance to win, despite the ridiculous amount of injuries I've suffered.

I'm also a bit worried long-term about the QB situation in at the Giants. Eli isn't great, but his replacement could have an even greater negative effect on OBJ. I have the following (note-worthy) players at WR: Hopkins, Adams and JuJu who are staying put. Then I have Kupp, Boyd, Davis, Ridley and Sutton.

If it helps my friend has offered me a 1st for Boyd, which I've told him I'll accept after this weeks games as I need Boyd this week. The pick will be in the 1.01 - 1.04 range, unless he can sneak into the playoffs, in which case it'll most likely be 1.05-1.06. I don't need to get a player in the first round this year, unless there is someone I just cannot turn down, the plan is to flip that pick for a 2020 1st and something else.

He has Allen and Golladay at WR alongside OBJ, but nothing much beyond that. He has no chance of winning at the moment so a few players for one would help his cause. Picks-wise I have no 1st this year of next year, but I do have two 2nd round picks.

My head is telling me to stick. Take the first for Boyd and run. Keep Kupp as my WR4 and hope the Titans sort out their offence next season so I get returns on Davis. I fully expect Sutton to come through and think Ridley will be a solid contributor.

Thanks
John

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: OBJ - what would you pay?

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 am

Guys like Kupp, Davis, Boyd, Sutton, or Ridley are most likely not going to get you OBJ, unless you're packaging all of them.

John10684
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby John10684 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:28 am

Fully expect to pay a package as he needs a package of players to help him. The sum of several parts would be greater for him than OBJ. He needs RB help too and I have Guice, Cook and Fournette. RB help is hard to find though so I'd rather not use them, especially while their value is low due to injuries. Just wondering what package of WRs people would think is enough for OBJ and also whether you think it's worth losing the depth to acquire him? We start 3/4 WRs each week.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 am

I wouldn't take all those pieces for OBJ. I'd need a couple of them consolidated into a stronger asset. You gotta pay studs to get studs.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Maximus891 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am

Send JuJu and Kupp
then do Boyd deal youre coming ahead

Starting OBJ, Hopkins and Adams at WR is a dangerous combo for a long time. Id be comfortable with just Sutton, Ridley and Davis behind them as well
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)
QB- Stafford, Murray
RB- Cook, Gurley, Lindsay, Mixon, Drake
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, TY, Kupp, K Johnson, Parker, Renfrow, Ross
TE- Kittle, I Thomas

Team 4 SF
QB- Wentz, Kelly, Lamar, Brissett, Luck, RG3
RB- Chubb, Cook, KJ, Sony, Montgomery, Gallaman, Sproles
WR- Fuller, Watkins, Sutton, Hollywood, Pettis, Moore, Lee, Funchess, Crowder
TE- Kittle, Henry, Shaheen, LaCosse
Taxi- Gaskins, Love, Harmon, Hurd, Sample

Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Maximus891 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:35 am

RB6 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 am I wouldn't take all those pieces for OBJ. I'd need a couple of them consolidated into a stronger asset. You gotta pay studs to get studs.
Not always, some people when they don't like a player will do stupid stuff. When Barley got drafted I seen the 1.1 go for 1.7, 1.12 and 2019 1st. Just cause the guy didn't like the Giants being a cowboys fan. Prior to draft he turned down my offer of Hunt and 2019 for 1.1, not sure why he wouldn't have come back to me but oh well people do dumb things
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)
QB- Stafford, Murray
RB- Cook, Gurley, Lindsay, Mixon, Drake
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, TY, Kupp, K Johnson, Parker, Renfrow, Ross
TE- Kittle, I Thomas

Team 4 SF
QB- Wentz, Kelly, Lamar, Brissett, Luck, RG3
RB- Chubb, Cook, KJ, Sony, Montgomery, Gallaman, Sproles
WR- Fuller, Watkins, Sutton, Hollywood, Pettis, Moore, Lee, Funchess, Crowder
TE- Kittle, Henry, Shaheen, LaCosse
Taxi- Gaskins, Love, Harmon, Hurd, Sample

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am

John10684 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 am If it helps my friend has offered me a 1st for Boyd, which I've told him I'll accept after this weeks games as I need Boyd this week. The pick will be in the 1.01 - 1.04 range...
If you feel that 1st rounder will be that high, immediately take this...or, if he values Boyd as an early first, then offer him Boyd, Kupp and Davis for OBJ. I wouldnt worry about OBJ...isnt he a top 10 (likely higher in all leagues) WR right now? And thats with erratic QB play due to the terrible Oline.

John10684
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby John10684 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am

He'd take JuJu and Kupp as he is high on both but I'm not comfortable losing both as I have shocking injuries at RB which is forcing me to play 4 WRs (we start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and a flex).

I know OBJ is a stud but he is currently averaging 13.6 PPG in out league. JuJu is averaging 13.3 and Kupp 13.5 (which includes the did game where he was injured. OBJ is that far head in targets either and targets equal opportunity. If I replace JuJu and Kupp with OBJ my WR4 is between Ridley and Crabtree with Sutton, Davis and Gabriel backing them up. I'd be down on my weekly average. I know OBJ has a consistent history of production and is the WR1 on his team, hence the high value, but I'm not sure he's worth JuJu and Kupp given my circumstance. I'd definitely give one of them up plus other pieces but I don't want to rip a friend of in a deal. To be honest I've told him to keep OBJ and use the draft to target RBs over the next two seasons but he's intent on getting rid.

John10684
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby John10684 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am
John10684 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 am If it helps my friend has offered me a 1st for Boyd, which I've told him I'll accept after this weeks games as I need Boyd this week. The pick will be in the 1.01 - 1.04 range...
If you feel that 1st rounder will be that high, immediately take this...or, if he values Boyd as an early first, then offer him Boyd, Kupp and Davis for OBJ. I wouldnt worry about OBJ...isnt he a top 10 (likely higher in all leagues) WR right now? And thats with erratic QB play due to the terrible Oline.
That's the offer I was thinking of making. Or take the first for Boyd and negotiate Kupp, Davis and Ridley. Hes very high on Ridley. This way I get a high one to grab a top prospect this year or I can flip the pick at draft time.