Like everyone else.. need Bell advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
robluhrs
Rookie
Rookie

Like everyone else.. need Bell advice

Postby robluhrs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 am

So.. I am in first place by 2 games (we do double headers every week, 16 team league). BUT my only startable RB is Crowell. And while that's worked thus far.. unless Bell or Foreman magically come back in the next week or so.. my hold on first is tenuous at best.
Been shopping pretty hard.. and some fillers have come across as options.. (Ross and a 3rd for Carson) something with Gore that I refused..
and then trying to shop Bell.
On the Bell front.. I was working towards a Kerryon and a top 3 2019 first for Bell and my second.. but he decided to wait a week to think.. and then Kerryon blew up.. so I'd have to give more to make that deal work....
Other owner who is willing to deal has Breida, Aaron Jones, Lindsday and Mack as RB's that he'd move.. (he also has Guice and Conner who he said are untouchable).. As I need a better back up QB, he offered to through in Carr to help me through my bye week.. BUT. i feel like Lindsay + Carr + a 2019 first likely just isn't enough value for Bell... I don't know.... thoughts from the peanut gallery?
16 team - .5PPR, .1PPC - QB/RB/WR/TE/ST/4 Flex
QB: Ryan, Kyle Allen
RB: A.Jones, Carson, J. White, Duke J, Bo Scarbrough, Crowell
WR: AJ Brown, Diggs, Sanders, M Boykin, Landry, Lockett, G. Tate, A. Wilson, Isabella
TE: Kittle, McDonald, J. Oliver
ST: SEA

2020 Picks: 3.02
2021 Picks: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Like everyone else.. need Bell advice

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:34 pm

offer sucks
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Can't let recency bias work in those ways. "Kerryon and a top 3 2019 first for Bell and my second" is already unfair imo. You shouldn't need to add a 2nd. Just because Kerryon had a stellar outing doesn't put him and the first worth more than Bell.

I traded Bell for CMC and a mid 2019 first earlier, and am happy with it. It was good value, and a fair trade. If your best offers are these, then I'd recommend holding.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

robluhrs
Rookie
Rookie

Postby robluhrs » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Yeah.. I feel like holding is likely my best option.. BUT.. At some point I need to do something to make up for having Crowell as my only back.. I have made it this far on a few monster games from Sanders/Kittle/Landry/Diggs/Crowell/Lockett/Ryan.. BUT.. Crowell is still the big liability here.
I guess Carson is no worse and let's me hold Bell till his value re-appears....
16 team - .5PPR, .1PPC - QB/RB/WR/TE/ST/4 Flex
QB: Ryan, Kyle Allen
RB: A.Jones, Carson, J. White, Duke J, Bo Scarbrough, Crowell
WR: AJ Brown, Diggs, Sanders, M Boykin, Landry, Lockett, G. Tate, A. Wilson, Isabella
TE: Kittle, McDonald, J. Oliver
ST: SEA

2020 Picks: 3.02
2021 Picks: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:07 am

Dirty Mike&the Boyz wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:45 pm Can't let recency bias work in those ways. "Kerryon and a top 3 2019 first for Bell and my second" is already unfair imo. You shouldn't need to add a 2nd. Just because Kerryon had a stellar outing doesn't put him and the first worth more than Bell.

I traded Bell for CMC and a mid 2019 first earlier, and am happy with it. It was good value, and a fair trade. If your best offers are these, then I'd recommend holding.
Just because it "happened recently" doesn't mean it's recency bias. There are huge red flags for Bell, not the least of which are his age, high mileage, hold out this season, and unknown situation next season. I also find it alarming that, while we knew his situation was excellent, we're now seeing a guy who was drafted outside of the top 100 step in and instantly have success in his stead. It seems like a virtual certainty that Bell's situation has no where to go but down.

The offer doesn't sound bad on the surface, but if I was holding Kerryon and a likely top-3 1st, I would probably not move them for Bell right now. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't get very good value for Bell right now though, so you might have no choice but to hope, and hang on until he's on the field again.