suggestions on which direction to go with roster

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

suggestions on which direction to go with roster

Postby playa_hata » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:18 pm

team 2 in my signature 12 team ppr superflex my record is 2-4 sitting in 8th place (one game out from a tie for a plalyoff spot).

I have some tier 1 studs in Watson, Zeke, Mike Thomas, and when healthy Fournette and Cooper Kupp... this is only my first year playing dynasty so im not sure what the best move is with the team i have constructed. Am I better off sitting on my team for fournette and Kupp to return and hope i can make a playoff push?

Or should i flip fournette and future picks for another piece or two that can help me compete for a ring this year. I think im a high end rb2 and high end wr2 away from being able to win. Maybe trade a 19 1st, Fournette and Marvin jones for Chubb and aj green.

My last thought which i dont really want to do because im an ohio state homer and mike thomas and zeke are my back bone but i was thinking possibly trading one of them for a 2 for 1 deal like getting hunt and keenan allen for Zeke and chris hogan type trade... The experienced dynasty owners out there i would really appreciate youre feedback and thoughts kind of not sure what to do here when you have a team that can compete on paper but isnt due to injury. Thanks guys!
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Re: suggestions on which direction to go with roster

Postby playa_hata » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:15 pm

bump

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm

I think you need more help to be able to compete currently. Your qbs are shaky, you have atop wr / rb then injuries and issues behind them and your tes need help. I’d hope that Olsen has a good game or two then look to move him. I think the same can be said for Jones, Miller, Yeldon, sell them off to a competing team, add youth and picks. Your team should be able to compete in 2019.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 am

dblj1199 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm I think you need more help to be able to compete currently. Your qbs are shaky, you have atop wr / rb then injuries and issues behind them and your tes need help. I’d hope that Olsen has a good game or two then look to move him. I think the same can be said for Jones, Miller, Yeldon, sell them off to a competing team, add youth and picks. Your team should be able to compete in 2019.
thanks appreciate the feedback i like those ideas. so you think just essentially throw the towel for this year and look forward to 2019?

TM1

TM2

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:21 am

Yes and no. I don’t view trading off older assets as throwing in the towel tho, I think it’s being a strategic player and knowing ur roster. You have too many potential holes, so u shouldn’t maximize your older players value and align ur roster accordingly.

Do not sell off your best assets. I’ve seen plenty of folks do that and always advise against it. Zeke and MT will be just as good next year and the year after, no reason unload unless it’s an upgrade.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely