Trade Conner for?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Trade Conner for?

Postby jojo5151 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 pm

For team 1 in sig
Teams 6-0 mostly due to kamara & Conner. With Conner likely taking a backseat & Ingram eating into Kamaras workload I need to fortify the backfield. I also need something behind a gimpy Watson having traded Rivers to get him. The owner of Breida & Cam is 2-4 & likely playing for nxt yr. Would Conner & Garrappalo be a fair offer?
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Trade Conner for?

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:58 am

I'd prefer what your giving up, assuming 1 QB

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 am

Not sure an owner rebuilding wants Conner

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 am

my god i hate this question and the response lol

keep what you have do not give up your top 5 rb in an effort to fortify your backup qb. that is an incredibly bad idea. breida is a hunk of junk that has lucked into a role and is having some halfway decent success. conner could be a top 5 rb for years to come.

a rebuilding team would absolutely love conner as well but DONT SELL HIM
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jojo5151 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 am my god i hate this question and the response lol

keep what you have do not give up your top 5 rb in an effort to fortify your backup qb. that is an incredibly bad idea. breida is a hunk of junk that has lucked into a role and is having some halfway decent success. conner could be a top 5 rb for years to come.

I disagree on your assessment on Breida. Although he's a little brittle he's shown to be good in between the tackles, I live in the bay area & have seen all his games so theres that. I did pick up Mostert in case he becomes a thing. I would stick with lynch as my RB2 but he's banged up & the raiders/grudens play calling sux so getting another RB & QB is key if I want to win it all IMO.
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 am

jojo5151 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 am my god i hate this question and the response lol

I disagree on your assessment on Breida. Although he's a little brittle he's shown to be good in between the tackles, I live in the bay area & have seen all his games so theres that. I did pick up Mostert in case he becomes a thing. I would stick with lynch as my RB2 but he's banged up & the raiders/grudens play calling sux so getting another RB & QB is key if I want to win it all IMO.
In a 1 Qb league anytime you are giving up better RB/WR assets for an improved backup Qb its a loss for you. Watson is doing just fine and will be okay. I think BigBawseRoss over exaggerated a bit about Breida but he does have a point. He's much too small to be a long-term solution for the 49ers and he's was an UDFA. Not that he can't have success in the NFL but Conner is most likely going to be exactly what he is right now for years to come without the looming threat of Bell. In any case its no Guarantee Bell comes back and completely renders Conner useless. They may keep working conner in.

If you want to sell Conner then you need to be getting a top asset back like Michel or Kerryon would be a decent target.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:47 am

Conner looks to be locked into an RB1 role for sure next season, and to be honest, I'm not sure what to expect from Bell. I know he is coming back, but that doesnt mean the Steelers play him. Bell clearly won't be back in Pitt next season, so that organization is going to have to weigh the effect he could have on the team beyond 6 games. If they immediately give Bell 30 touches a game and it angers a bunch of the guys long term, is playing Bell 6 games worth it? I'm not so sure.

So unless you're getting a for sure RB1 or WR1+ for Conner, why trade him? I would take him over any 2019 back in the draft