Contending Team Needs a QB.. What to Do?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Contending Team Needs a QB.. What to Do?

Postby colonnaj94 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Hey guys, so I badly need a QB if I want to try and compete this season for team 3 in my signature. I'm currently 7-4 (Double Headers) and in 2nd place in my division. I had Mahomes to start the year, but I traded him away for Tevin Coleman + a 2020 1st (Which I then moved in a package with another 1st for Allen Robinson) and that gave me a hole at QB.. and I'm trying to dig myself out of this situation. I thought Mariota could be a viable starter in a deep league like this, but Mariota has been playing so atrociously bad lately that he can't be trusted at this point.. So my question is, what QBs are good buy lows, would you give up anything more than a 2nd round pick for a QB, or should I look to the waiver wire for a Nathan Peterman type as a bye week fill in & just roll with Mariota's inconsistencies? (I'd have to spend most of my FAAB on Peterman just to not get a 0 at QB next week)

I tried trading for Brees, the one owner is asking for too much..The other Brees owner is competing
I also looked into Roethlisberger, but the Roethlisberger owner wants more than a 2nd, which is a steep price to pay in a 1 QB league..The other Roethlisberger owner is in my division & is the main team I'm competing against this year, so I'm sure he won't be trading anyone to me unless it's an over pay lol..
There's one non competing team that has Brady and Darnold.. Maybe I can try to get Brady? What should I offer?
Or am I better off holding my pick & drafting a QB, and starting Nathan freaking Peterman next week with Mariota on bye?

Roster:
QB Mariota, Fitzpatrick, Gabbert
RB Cook, Coleman, Drake, Jones, Conner, Mack
WR Smith-Schuster, Robinson, Davis, Williams, Moore, Valdes-Scantling, TreQuan Smith, Hogan
TE Kittle, Everett
Picks:
2019 2nd
2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Thanks everyone!
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young