CMC deal in my league...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

CMC deal in my league...

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:26 pm

What's up all? Deep league with even deeper starting requirements as follows:

10 team

2QB/4WR/2RB/TE/FLEX

CMC was traded in my league, and I'm dying to know what people think of it on here. The guy getting CMC thinks he did great, but I think he set his team back ages. Here's the trade followed by his lineup.

He got: CMC

He gave: 2019 first round pick, 2020 first round pick.

His lineup with immediate backups are now as follows:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
QB: Drew Brees
WR: Deandre Hopkins
WR: AJ Green
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Mike Williams
RB: CMC
RB: Adrian Peterson
TE: ? He legit is starting someone different weekly, this week it was Niles Paul.

His players of note on his bench are Blake Bortles, Lamar Jackson, Dion Lewis and Bilal Powell. Thats it.

What say you guys? I think it was a desperate move. He was sitting at 2-3 and was fishing for a win. I personally don't think you make a deal like this with so little depth. It's not the value of the trade that bothers me, it's that he is one injury away from gaping needs. He doesn't even have a TE!

Anywho, love to hear all opinions, thanks!
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: CMC deal in my league...

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Sorry, missed Jordan Howard also...He has him as an RB3/FLEX.

WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm

seems like an extremely light price to pay for cmc

no clue at all how you view this as setting him back ages
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm not sure CMC puts him over the top or anything, but 2 firsts for CMC isnt bad at all. All depends on his 2020 pick for me. I don't like the 2019 class very much, but if that's an early 2020 pick, man he missed out on some studs at RB.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm seems like an extremely light price to pay for cmc

Lol, appreciate your input. Like I said, it's not the value of the deal, as I think it's fine value wise. It's more so, if I have holes in my lineup and zero depth, I'm not moving two huge picks and mortgaging my future. I feel like that's how you get stuck in a rebuild, and need to start selling assets. I had to rebuild from the moment this league began, and we are now in our 8th year. Some of you guys might remember I did a whole long thread on my rebuild. The formula for me has never been to trade such monster picks for RB's.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm I'm not sure CMC puts him over the top or anything, but 2 firsts for CMC isnt bad at all. All depends on his 2020 pick for me. I don't like the 2019 class very much, but if that's an early 2020 pick, man he missed out on some studs at RB.
Right. Like I said, the value is fine. But, you are setting yourself back quite a bit in terms of picks IMO. His next first round pick is now in 3 years, and he has ZERO te's, is starting Mike Williams as his WR4(with Devante Parker and Ryan Grant his next best options). I think there were better moves to make with his squad, and I just don't understand how you can justify trading TWO future first round picks. At least, see where your team is at in a few weeks and maybe make the move for the playoffs. His team got slaughtered by 60 pts this week.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:44 pm

And that was with CMC in his lineup. I just think it was a desperation move, and he's not desperate. There is plenty of season left, and while CMC has been rock solid so far, I don't think he's in the first tier of RB's. I'm probably in the minority here, but he could very easily be game planned out next year or the following if Carolina gets a new OC, etc.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:45 pm

RGKID144 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm I'm not sure CMC puts him over the top or anything, but 2 firsts for CMC isnt bad at all. All depends on his 2020 pick for me. I don't like the 2019 class very much, but if that's an early 2020 pick, man he missed out on some studs at RB.
Right. Like I said, the value is fine. But, you are setting yourself back quite a bit in terms of picks IMO. His next first round pick is now in 3 years, and he has ZERO te's, is starting Mike Williams as his WR4(with Devante Parker and Ryan Grant his next best options). I think there were better moves to make with his squad, and I just don't understand how you can justify trading TWO future first round picks. At least, see where your team is at in a few weeks and maybe make the move for the playoffs. His team got slaughtered by 60 pts this week.
Yeah but I also can't fault him for taking a known quantity at RB over the guessing game that is the draft. The biggest issue I have is that I don't see that roster ever challenging the big dogs in 10 team. He has really set himself up to be a middling team, which is the absolute worst spot to be in. You need to either be contending or rebuilding. Hanging around the middle year after year is awful.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:50 pm

When you can buy a player at this kind of a discount why worry about the future right now? You can always reacquire picks. McCaffrey is one of only a handful of running backs that I would trust over the long term.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:45 pm
RGKID144 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Yeah but I also can't fault him for taking a known quantity at RB over the guessing game that is the draft. The biggest issue I have is that I don't see that roster ever challenging the big dogs in 10 team. He has really set himself up to be a middling team, which is the absolute worst spot to be in. You need to either be contending or rebuilding. Hanging around the middle year after year is awful.
EXACTLY. That is all basically what I'm trying to say. It was the least savvy dynasty move I've seen in a while. He has two extremely old QB's, glaring holes in his lineup. You just don't make that move with his team at this time. Basically what I'm trying to say, and he swears it was a great trade for him, and I just cant wrap my head around it. Again, it's the value, as it's a fair deal value wise.

It's not like he was completely barren at RB. He has AP and Jordan Howard. He's okay for this year, or if he really wants to make a push, maybe do that deal later in the season. But now he's sitting at 2-4, his pick the next two years could be HUGE.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

RGKID144 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm seems like an extremely light price to pay for cmc

Lol, appreciate your input. Like I said, it's not the value of the deal, as I think it's fine value wise. It's more so, if I have holes in my lineup and zero depth, I'm not moving two huge picks and mortgaging my future. I feel like that's how you get stuck in a rebuild, and need to start selling assets. I had to rebuild from the moment this league began, and we are now in our 8th year. Some of you guys might remember I did a whole long thread on my rebuild. The formula for me has never been to trade such monster picks for RB's.
some people are better at this than others. you are all "WTF was he thinking?!" and we are all "probably that thats an excellent price for an excellent player" lol

some treasure picks as the key to success, others wanna get rid of them for proven players because they know they make bad picks. i throw around picks like they are nothing, i find it frustrating when trying to deal with an owner with the opposite stance but thats the way it is we all have our own valuations and methodology.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm
RGKID144 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm

some people are better at this than others. you are all "WTF was he thinking?!" and we are all "probably that thats an excellent price for an excellent player" lol

some treasure picks as the key to success, others wanna get rid of them for proven players because they know they make bad picks. i throw around picks like they are nothing, i find it frustrating when trying to deal with an owner with the opposite stance but thats the way it is we all have our own valuations and methodology.
Lol, you're logic is undeniable. So true. I tend to err on the side of caution REAL HARD after going through a full rebuild. My goal is always to just stay relevant and not to move too many future assets. The goal is simply to make the playoffs every year, as all bets are off.

But I like where your heads at, good call. I guess time will tell.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm

That's a great deal for CMC. Good for him. Maybe he can get a TE with his 2021 1st and he will be competing

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

This move makes perfect sense. 22 year old stud for two firsts (one of which is two years from now)? Good value for a young player. Seems like a fine deal to me...plus he can always flip him for depth/picks later if he wants and probably come out ahead in value.

Also who cares that he doesn't have a TE? Once you get past the first 5 TEs there just isn't much of a drop off in terms of current production as you go down the list.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm That's a great deal for CMC. Good for him. Maybe he can get a TE with his 2021 1st and he will be competing
Lol, thanks for the input!

Three years is a LONG time from now though. The odds that CMC holds this value for that long is not great IMHO. Who knows though? Maybe he will increase in value haha. I don't think that will be the case, but time will tell.
hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm This move makes perfect sense. 22 year old stud for two firsts (one of which is two years from now)? Good value for a young player. Seems like a fine deal to me...plus he can always flip him for depth/picks later if he wants and probably come out ahead in value.

Also who cares that he doesn't have a TE? Once you get past the first 5 TEs there just isn't much of a drop off in terms of current production as you go down the list.
I hear what you are saying. It's more of the fact that he has holes in his lineup. Remember, this is a MUST START 4 WR league. You can flex a 5th, so depth plays a HUGE role in this league. I can't stress that enough. So, my final thoughts are that I just don't think it's a savvy move with his current team makeup. Yes, he needs a RB, but I don't move mountains(which I think he did) and sacrifice any chance at depth I have to grab CMC. Also keep in mind TY is hurt(at least one injury is par for the course), and he started Mike Williams AND Ryan Grant this week, not to mention again Niles Paul. CMC or not, you aren't generally going to win weeks in this league with that type of lineup.

I think the move was simply to stay the course, as I don't think CMC puts him in any elite tier of this league, or gives him any brighter future than he has now. Just my two cents. Thanks all for the feedback!