what to do with obj

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

what to do with obj

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:42 pm

is it to late to trade him and expect top 3 WR value?

I made a few offers today... and it seems like no one wants anything to do with him... what can I expect to get for him, or do I just hold on at this point.... team has scored well so far, im in first at 4-1 and the highest scorer, but for my top WR, I fear that he is going to start costing me games... and I could use some help at rb.... what would u try to go for??

my line up
qb-rivers
wr-obj
wr-thieland
wr-juju
rb-hunt
rb-Thompson
te-graham
fl- sanders
fl- carson, ap, brieda, coutee, jursyck
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: what to do with obj

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm

He's a top 3 WR long term. Don't panic. He's over 500 yards after 6 games, it's just the 1 TD is the blip. T Eli is garbage, but OBJ is still a top 3 talent. Don't over react to OBJ's first TD drought of his career. Juju is going to drop off, too IMO. Once Bell comes back. Good luck with 19 targets again. OBJ is too good to trade away in this little lull of TD production. You can't rreact like it's a redraft league. iF you do, you are overreacting.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 pm

my most likely trade partner right now who is interested in obj has the following...

keenan
evans
robinson
mcaff
james white
burton
funchess
howard
Team #1

RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:11 pm

hord wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 pm my most likely trade partner right now who is interested in obj has the following...

keenan
evans
robinson
mcaff
james white
burton
funchess
howard
OBJ>>>all of those guys IMO. Evans I would still want a first on top of OBJ, albeit maybe not understandable at this time. I would not want any of those other guys as a main piece coming back for a talent like OBJ. Anyone other than Evans and CMC are short term guys to me. Even Keenan I do not have faith in long term. The second Rivers arm drops off even a little bit he will look like Eli, and Rivers is no spring chicken. Keenan will not be able to sustain the way OBJ is through that drop off. CMC, even, I have not seen it from for a long term like I have with OBJ, for 3 and a half years of playing time.

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 pm

i offered obj and AP for evans and mccaff and white, and he declined
i then asked if obj for evans and white would interest him, and he said no ahah
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 pm

hord wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 pm i offered obj and AP for evans and mccaff and white, and he declined
i then asked if obj for evans and white would interest him, and he said no ahah
Talks should be over at this point. OBJ is the better talent. This isn't redraft. Move along, you're 4-1 with OBJ playing "poorly". The way he wins should sustain longer than the way Evans wins. Can't say for certain how their careers unfold, but OBJ's game projects for more longevity than Evans.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm

I agree. No way would I do Evans plus white. Hang tight with Obj. I tried to get him in cheap. For dalvin. The owner wants full value.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 pm

thanks guys, il hold tight.... praying the giants figure there bleep out... but it looks like the barkley show to me
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 pm

It's weird how OBJ aowners are acting like he isn't scoring 18 fantasy points per game this year.

That's the same that DeAndre Hopkins averaged last year and people were over the moon. But now with OBJ doing it people are panicking.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 pm

its mostly because of the inconsistency... id take 18 points a week all day, but the 35 one week, then 9, then 25 then 10... that's a little more annoying ahha
and it also has to do with the direction the team seems to be going... which is no where good... add on the fact that he is throwing hissy fits and tantrums, and acts like a complete idiot... its a little unnerving... i wouldn't be as worried if it were Hopkins, or Julio.. these guys have good heads on there shoulders and i know regardless, they will come out and play there best and do what they can to help the team, which usually translates to production....
meanwhile, i don't know if obj is gonna cry and take a half off in the locker room because he didn't get the ball enough....
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

block2323
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby block2323 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 pm

I sold OBJ last week after his blow up game and I'm not looking back. No doubt the dude is talented, but my goodness he is a complete headcase.

Eli is a major problem...plus Barkley is becoming th focal point of that offense. I tried to trade OBJ before the season for Saquon straight up and got the instant decline lol.

OBJ is having these up and down weeks without engram in the fold. I don't see him becoming anymore consistent especially when the offense is running at full strength.

I sold what many on this forum would consider low for OBJ but i did the same thing with Cooper and Watkins last year and haven't regretted those moves one bit! I ended up getting Keenan Allen, George Kittle, Lesean McCoy (dart throw - why not as a contender as I hope he gets traded) and a 2019 1st.
12 Team, .5 PPR, 9 Keepers, 21 Man Roster + 2 IR Spots
Start: 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1K, 1 Def

QB: T. Brady
RB: D. Johnson, N. Chubb, L. Fournette, C. Hyde, I. Smith, M. Davis
WR: OBJ, T. Hill, K. Allen, C. Kupp, D. Pettis, E. Sanders, D. Hamilton, R. Foster, J. Crowder, T. Patrick
TE: O. Howard, D. Goedert, C. Herndon
Def: Jax
K:

2019: 1.02, 2.01, 2.09, 3.02, 4.03, 4.05, 4.12
2020: 1st (x2), 2nd (x1), 3rd (x1), 4th (x2)