Best Dynasty D

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Best Dynasty D

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Owners

I took over this team this year and defense scoring is out of control. They can score as much as a skill player. You get points for deflections and other categories. What D do you like for the next 2-4 years. I’m going to offer my second next year. It should be late since it’s not a snake
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Best Dynasty D

Postby hord » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 pm

bears
rams
ravens
browns
Vikings
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Correct answer is none. You aren't going to find a defense consistent enough over a 2-4 year period that you won't be able to find one off waivers to perform well for you.

Do NOT trade a second round pick for a defense.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:33 am

I've never played in any league like that but I imagine you could still stream? If people draft all the defenses with only a couple on the waiver wire that would be a tough call.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:51 am

skip wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 pm Correct answer is none. You aren't going to find a defense consistent enough over a 2-4 year period that you won't be able to find one off waivers to perform well for you.

Do NOT trade a second round pick for a defense.
I agree with the general premise that D/STs are way too volatile to assume that any one of them is going to be a “set & forget” for multiple years. I’ll take it a step further and say that they don’t even belong in dynasty football. And don’t even get me started on kickers.

That said, people spend late 2nds on one-year rentals all the time. If you’re a serious contender in a league that uses D/STs and you can get the Bears defense for a late 2nd, I would have no problem with that. That’s a positional advantage you won’t get from the top player at any other position. That’s the only defense worth trading any future pick for, and even then, you shouldn’t expect that kind of advantage beyond this year. As long as you understand it’s a one-year rental, go for it. Otherwise, just stream them.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 am

I don't have a problem with buying a defense like the Bears if you are in win now mode. A 2ND is expensive, but extra points are extra points, and winning is the goal. I do agree that trying to project them long-term can be tough though, and I wouldn't be buying one with an eye to the future.