Would you want DJ here??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bot
All Pro
All Pro

Would you want DJ here??

Postby bot » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:10 pm

For team in sig. Owner is shopping him as he has started poorly. His initial offer was OBJ, Gronk, Lewis and 1st (it is his original pick) for DJ and Edelman. I told him he was crazy but he has since said he would still like to move him an is willing to negotiate something.

I guess I worry that I pay for continued RB2 type production even though I know DJ is a supreme talent, his supporting cast and coaches don't appear to be. Should I just sit tight and keep streaming my RB2 or really go for it and give up Gronk or Thielen and a pick that should be top 2-4??

Interested to hear what the thoughts are. Thanks

lbi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Would you want DJ here??

Postby lbi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Yes, dj is worth it...but if his initial offer is that terrible, not sure he comes down that much. O j straight up for dj is a loss for you.

If he considers Thielen, a 1st, and another lesser piece I'd do it in your shoes.
12 team ppr dynasty.
1qb/2rb/2wr/2te/3flex/1superflex

Qb: luck, wentz, trubisky,bridgewater , webb, beathard,
Rb: rojo, hunt, drake, Lindsay rodgers
Wr. obj, parker, doctson, m.lee,r. anderson ty.will, conley, pryor, d.moore westbrook Gibson, a Carr, r Higgins, r foster
T.e:kroft, rsj, barwin, butt, j.hollister, c.herndon

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:37 pm

He should be adding to DJ to get Beckham.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm

lbi wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm Yes, dj is worth it...but if his initial offer is that terrible, not sure he comes down that much. O j straight up for dj is a loss for you.

If he considers Thielen, a 1st, and another lesser piece I'd do it in your shoes.
Pretty much this.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:10 pm

If he started poorly, I'll lay odds he won't want Gronk.
You may have to end up giving Allen and a 1st, or perhaps Tyreek plus a 1st.
I doubt strongly he'll take Corey Davis as the centerpiece of the deal but you could try.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 pm

OBJ > DJ even before the terrible start by DJ, so that was a pretty bad offer on his part.

But DJ is definitely worth acquiring at the right price, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to get the other guy to come down enough if that was his initial offer.

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 am

So we spoke a bit and now he has sent me Gronk, Thielen, Lewis and '19 1st (prob top 2-4) for his DJ and his '20 1st.

Too much for me to give up?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 am

No, that's pretty light for DJ, everyone is just freaking out about his slow start. Take the deal.

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:00 am

bot wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 am So we spoke a bit and now he has sent me Gronk, Thielen, Lewis and '19 1st (prob top 2-4) for his DJ and his '20 1st.

I don't see how that helps you at all.. Yea DJ is good but he's not going to produce consistently in that situation. And the downgrade from Gronk to Kittle is huge for your lineup. I'd try and put another WR in there instead of Gronk.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:00 am
bot wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:07 am So we spoke a bit and now he has sent me Gronk, Thielen, Lewis and '19 1st (prob top 2-4) for his DJ and his '20 1st.

I don't see how that helps you at all.. Yea DJ is good but he's not going to produce consistently in that situation. And the downgrade from Gronk to Kittle is huge for your lineup. I'd try and put another WR in there instead of Gronk.
This is what my gut has been telling me as well. I would have loved to move Gronk before the season but I couldn't get a good value for him. Now I think I need to stick him out and make a hard run at a title. I almost want to stay pat and just keep starting 5 WRs every week and continue using Lewis/Hyde as my RB2 until I can trade for another, cheaper RB once more owners realize their season is over.