Will Fuller for Alex Collins and Robert Woods?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Will Fuller for Alex Collins and Robert Woods?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

I value all three of these players similarly in the late 1st / early 2nd range, so I'd take Collins + Woods pretty easily here.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am

For one, I don't use ADP to make trades, exactly for those reasons. Two, I'm curious what formula you're using that says 53 and 79 should equal to 25-35. Is that just something you came up with or is it based on some trade calculator? I'm also not saying anyone's ADP is right or wrong, just pointing out that your logic was flawed in this case. As for Rodgers, I wouldn't move him for Collins and Woods. Maybe you're just higher on those two players and I'm lower on them. Not sure either one of us is dumb, but we can sometimes make dumb decisions :ewink:
Is it not possible to value a trade without using a calculator? I think we can both agree that if I add value to the 53rd rated player (whether by ADP or whatever other ranking you go by), that I should get a more valuable player than that in return, correct? Question is just how much higher rated, and in this instance I don't think it's crazy at all to suggest that I should be able to net a player ranked 35th if not higher (although I'll grant that 25th is a bit of a stretch, as noted in my edited post).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am

For one, I don't use ADP to make trades, exactly for those reasons. Two, I'm curious what formula you're using that says 53 and 79 should equal to 25-35. Is that just something you came up with or is it based on some trade calculator? I'm also not saying anyone's ADP is right or wrong, just pointing out that your logic was flawed in this case. As for Rodgers, I wouldn't move him for Collins and Woods. Maybe you're just higher on those two players and I'm lower on them. Not sure either one of us is dumb, but we can sometimes make dumb decisions :ewink:
Is it not possible to value a trade without using a calculator? I think we can both agree that if I add value to the 53rd rated player (whether by ADP or whatever other ranking you go by), that I should get a more valuable player than that in return, correct? Question is just how much higher rated, and in this instance I don't think it's crazy at all to suggest that I should be able to net a player ranked 35th if not higher (although I'll grant that 25th is a bit of a stretch, as noted in my edited post).
I don't think we're on the same page anymore. I was merely asking how you came up with the idea of ADP of 53+79 = 25-35 range. Wasn't sure if you had some sort of formula for coming up with that or if it was just something you figured seemed like made sense. It seems like the answer is the latter. And that's fine if that's just your opinion, but I can disagree and say that it's wrong also. I never use calculators or ADP and just go off of my own judgment on whether or not a trade is fair, mostly based on my personal views and opinions of the players/picks involved. In this case, I wouldn't move Collins and Woods for any of the players currently in the 25-35 ADP range.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Right so our disagreement is based on how you value Woods and Collins, which is purely subjective. I happen to like them (think Collins will ultimately take over that backfield and I think Woods has a high enough floor to be worth a late first). If I offered up two players with similar ADP who you liked you'd probably agree that someone around 30 is about right, though. Perhaps Tevin Coleman + Nelson Agholor?
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:44 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:41 pm Right so our disagreement is based on how you value Woods and Collins, which is purely subjective. If I said two players with similar ADP who you liked you'd probably agree that someone around 30 is right though. Perhaps Coleman + Agholor?
Not always, but in this case it would be much closer.