Safe to drop Jordy?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Safe to drop Jordy?

Postby Whatevs6 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 am

He's on the field as many snaps as Cooper, but he hasn't seen more than 4 targets a game yet.

What do we think?

Is it time to let go? I could use the roster spot.
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: D. Prescott, D. Carr
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Ekeler, I. Pacheco, J. Cook, J. Warren, G. Edwards, K. Miller,
WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, C. Olave, A. Cooper, G. Pickens, J. Reed, D. Douglas, D. Mooney, R. Bateman, R. Moore, D. Peoples-Jones
TE: S. LaPorta, D. Waller, J. Johnson
IDP: F. Oluokun, B. Wagner, T. Edwards, K. White
K:
DEF:

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Safe to drop Jordy?

Postby mrmagloo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:35 am

Depends on who you replace him with? At this point, he is a lottery ticket in a second chance drawing. Why not ride it out a couple more weeks? What are Aiken and Wilson doing for you?
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 am

mrmagloo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:35 am Depends on who you replace him with? At this point, he is a lottery ticket in a second chance drawing. Why not ride it out a couple more weeks? What are Aiken and Wilson doing for you?
Seriously. I get Jordy is old but he will give you more this year than those 2 might... ever

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:03 am

I agree with the above 2 posts

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:29 am

There is a long list of guys on that roster in your signature you should be cutting before Jordy... I count at least 5 plus one of your 3 defenses
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 am

Dez, Doctson, Wilson, Aiken, 2 out of 3 defenses, Prosise, and maybe even a couple more guys you can drop freely. I personally don't think Jordy is very far behind those guys and can be dropped in most leagues, but in your case, you have plenty of other guys to drop first.

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Surprising opinions. Much appreciated though.

My arguments:

Aiken vs. Jordy

I had picked Aiken up just last night and I believed that he was a great add up until PHI signed JMatt. But last night, with news that Wentz is coming back, Wallace out indefinitely and Alshon still not ready to return, I was very happy with the Aiken pick up. He's not spectacular, but he's proven that he can produce when given opportunity. With the JMatt signing, I'll most likely drop him now.

Wilson vs. Jordy

Wilson currently has more targets (albeit only one), more yards and TDs. MIA actively pursued him in FA, he's only 26, and he's an explosive athlete that was dominate in college. I believe there's a greater than 0% chance that he eventually becomes the WR1/2 in MIA.

Defenses vs. Jordy

Playing the same DEF every week regardless of who they're playing isn't optimal IMO. FF is a weekly game, so I play the match-ups using a rotation of what I consider to be high upside defenses.

I picked up GB last night because they have excellent week 4 - 6 match-ups. I'd consider dropping them after week 6, but I also think that they have a chance at becoming an elite-ish defense. Their secondary is much improved and they managed to score double digit fantasy points against MIN last week.

I (still) have LAC because I started them last week against BUF and they have some good match-ups moving forward. They were a top 5 unit last season, and I believe they can get back to that level once Bosa returns.

Doctson, Dez and Prosise vs. Jordy

Doctson is a 25 year old former 1st round pick. His floor might be low, but I believe his short term and long term ceilings are much higher than 33 year old Jordy.

I'm a major Dez truther lol.

I've considered dropping Prosise. But I'd like to see what he can do if given a shot on another team. I believe that he can be productive on a team with an actual O-Line and OC.

RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Ekeler, I. Pacheco, J. Cook, J. Warren, G. Edwards, K. Miller,
WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, C. Olave, A. Cooper, G. Pickens, J. Reed, D. Douglas, D. Mooney, R. Bateman, R. Moore, D. Peoples-Jones
K:
DEF:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Whatevs6 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm Surprising opinions. Much appreciated though.

My arguments:

Aiken vs. Jordy

I had picked Aiken up just last night and I believed that he was a great add up until PHI signed JMatt. But last night, with news that Wentz is coming back, Wallace out indefinitely and Alshon still not ready to return, I was very happy with the Aiken pick up. He's not spectacular, but he's proven that he can produce when given opportunity. With the JMatt signing, I'll most likely drop him now.

Wilson vs. Jordy

Wilson currently has more targets (albeit only one), more yards and TDs. MIA actively pursued him in FA, he's only 26, and he's an explosive athlete that was dominate in college. I believe there's a greater than 0% chance that he eventually becomes the WR1/2 in MIA.

Defenses vs. Jordy

Playing the same DEF every week regardless of who they're playing isn't optimal IMO. FF is a weekly game, so I play the match-ups using a rotation of what I consider to be high upside defenses.

I picked up GB last night because they have excellent week 4 - 6 match-ups. I'd consider dropping them after week 6, but I also think that they have a chance at becoming an elite-ish defense. Their secondary is much improved and they managed to score double digit fantasy points against MIN last week.

I (still) have LAC because I started them last week against BUF and they have some good match-ups moving forward. They were a top 5 unit last season, and I believe they can get back to that level once Bosa returns.

Doctson is a 25 year old former 1st round pick. His floor might be low, but I believe his short term and long term ceilings are much higher than 33 year old Jordy.

I've considered dropping Prosise. But I'd like to see what he can do if given a shot on another team. I believe that he can be productive on a team with an actual O-Line and OC.
Aiken logic is flawed, he won't see the field often if at all.

I'd rather have Wilson than Jordy at this point.

Idk how your team works but you should be able to rotate defenses out each week on the waivers, having more than one or two seems like a waste.

Dez isn't on a team and he isn't going to be at this point in the season. No team is going to pay him what he wants and his ego is way to big to play on a cheap contract and not be the go to guy. should be dropped in all formats.

Doctson keep. The team isn't procise's problem its his glass bones.

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Idk how your team works but you should be able to rotate defenses out each week on the waivers, having more than one or two seems like a waste.

Dez isn't on a team and he isn't going to be at this point in the season. No team is going to pay him what he wants and his ego is way to big to play on a cheap contract and not be the go to guy. should be dropped in all formats.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sp ... 87721.html

How was the Aiken logic flawed?

K:
DEF:

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Aiken, 6 years, 1700 yards, 9 TD's.
Jordy, 2016, 1200 yards, 14 TD's.
Give me the second chance lottery pick.
If I am grasping at Aiken, I am keeping Jordy.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:11 pm

mrmagloo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm Aiken, 6 years, 1700 yards, 9 TD's.
I think this sums up why your Aiken argument is flawed OP. Aiken is a JAG that couldn't find a team before the year started during his prime at 29....

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:11 pm
mrmagloo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm Aiken, 6 years, 1700 yards, 9 TD's.
I think this sums up why your Aiken argument is flawed OP. Aiken is a JAG that couldn't find a team before the year started during his prime at 29....
Titans95, you pointed out that my Aiken logic was flawed because he wouldn't see the field.

But last week, we already saw that he was on the field almost all game (after being on the team for less than a week).

So the reasoning that Aiken was going to be the WR2 for PHI because of the injuries to Wallace and Jeffery was sound because he already was the WR2 last week. Therefore, at the time, I don't see how there was a flaw in my logic.

That he's a JAG is completely irrelevant to my reasoning although I mostly agree with that assessment.

K:
DEF:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Whatevs6 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm Surprising opinions. Much appreciated though.

My arguments:

Aiken vs. Jordy

Wilson vs. Jordy

Defenses vs. Jordy

Sounds like you've already created your own absurd and far fetched logic to dump Jordy instead of all the FAR more logical options. Can't really help you when you've already landed on such a bad decision.

The one about defenses is just beyond bad. It is the most easily replaced component in a roster and carries zero value relative to players other than kickers.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 am

Whatevs6 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sp ... 87721.html

How was the Aiken logic flawed?
"Aiken finished the game with five catches for 39 yards. Aiken hadn't played that many offensive snaps since Week 5 last season with the Colts last year; he hadn't caught five passes in a game since the final game of the 2015 season, when he was still with the Ravens."

i guess he did see the field a lot and he "produced" his best game in years. it doesn't really change the fact that he's just not really fantasy-relevant, esp in a dynasty context.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:18 pm

skip wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm
Sounds like you've already created your own absurd and far fetched logic to dump Jordy instead of all the FAR more logical options. Can't really help you when you've already landed on such a bad decision.

The one about defenses is just beyond bad. It is the most easily replaced component in a roster and carries zero value relative to players other than kickers.
If you would have read through the thread, you would have discovered that I ended up agreeing that Aiken should be dropped before Jordy.

It's pretty easy to say that my logic is absurd and far fetched without explaining what your own logic is. For the most part, your two posts have by far been the least helpful and most arrogant on this thread.

At least your comment on defenses has a little substance though. While I completely agree with what you're saying about defenses in a redraft setting, because of how few defenses there are on the WW in my league, defenses are less replaceable because streaming good ones is harder to do. So far this season, my starting defense has outscored my opponents both weeks. Last season, I consistently did the same. Like it or not, this strategy has given me a weekly positional advantage over my opponent.
diamonddave wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 am
"Aiken finished the game with five catches for 39 yards. Aiken hadn't played that many offensive snaps since Week 5 last season with the Colts last year; he hadn't caught five passes in a game since the final game of the 2015 season, when he was still with the Ravens."

i guess he did see the field a lot and he "produced" his best game in years. it doesn't really change the fact that he's just not really fantasy-relevant, esp in a dynasty context.
I agree that Aiken currently isn't and probably won't be fantasy relevant again, especially since PHI signed JMatt (it also sounds like they're going to bring Maclin in for a workout next week). BUT, wasn't that what people said about Aiken in 2015? What about Justin Forsett in 2014 or Gary Barnidge in 2015? Anomalous breakouts happen is my point.

Regardless, I've already dropped Aiken and I still have Jordy. I didn't know this at the time of my OP, but Jordy has seen the most snaps of any OAK WR so far this season which is encouraging, and he was primarily defended by Chris Harris last game which could explain his low production.

K:
DEF: