Julio v JuJu

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OCPunisher
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Julio v JuJu

Postby OCPunisher » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am I'd want something with JuJu, but if I'm not a legit competitor, I'd send Julio for JJSS
This is the hard part. I'm off to a very easy 2-0 start, winning each game by about 60 points, and I think I'm a virtual lock to make the playoffs.
Team 1
10 team, PPR, 22-man rosters, 5 PS. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1PK 1DST
- QB: Herbert, Goff
- RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Achane, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Pacheco, Carter, Warren
- WR: AJB, Wilson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Pittman, Zay, Jameson, Godwin, Palmer
- TE: Andrews, Goedert, Freiermuth, Engram
2016 and 2018 champion! :dance: :biggrin: :clap:

Team 2
12 team, PPR, 40-man rosters, 1QB 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLX
- QB: Herbert, Dalton, Minshew
- RB: Barkley, Swift, Herbert, JWilliams, Roschon, Zeke, KIngram, McFarland
- WR: Lamb, Waddle, DK, Aiyuk, MWilliams, Keenan, ARob, Woods
- TE: Andrews, Engram, Moreau, Trautman, Ruckert

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am

OCPunisher wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am I'd want something with JuJu, but if I'm not a legit competitor, I'd send Julio for JJSS
This is the hard part. I'm off to a very easy 2-0 start, winning each game by about 60 points, and I think I'm a virtual lock to make the playoffs.
I think with your roster, I'd hang onto Julio unless you can get 2 1sts worth of value added to JuJu. MT/Evans will be good for a long time.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 am

OCPunisher wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am
The way Juju is playing lights out I'm not sure Julio to Juju is that big of a downgrade with you have MT/Evans/Landry and either Julio/Juju to play matchups with. I think you'll have just as good of a chance to win it all either way. Big difference for me is unless Julio has another 1,800 yard season this year (I doubt it) you won't be able to get a guy like Juju for him straight up since Julio is going into his Age 30 season vs Juju 22. My whole opinion on dynasty and how to build a long last dynasty is by acquiring players like Juju/Adams/Evans and riding them out during their prime years and trading them for a young rising star you feel confident in when they turn about 29. That way you consistently keep your players young and high end while slowly adding depth through rookie drafts and trades. Julio is 29 and will probably be the last time in his career you can get such a young WR that's actually on the field proving he's a stud every week in Juju. Next offseason you'll have to settle for a more unproven young WR if you try to flip Julio.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:49 am

You have to flip Julio before it's trending to flip him (see DT and the myriad of other examples). JuJu will be worth more this time next year if he sniffs WR1 numbers. I doubt some would move them straight up at this point. I wouldn't move JuJu for Julio unless I was a lock contender this year.

OCPunisher
Role Player
Role Player

Postby OCPunisher » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm

I think the tiebreaker here is the fact that I am a lock contender this year, which means I'd rather hang onto Julio while he's still an elite player and get that ring. Juju is riding pretty high right now, but he's arguably doing so on the backs of Ben and Brown (and to a lesser extent, Bell), and those guys might not be around much longer, at which point Juju might not fare as well.
Team 1
10 team, PPR, 22-man rosters, 5 PS. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1PK 1DST
- QB: Herbert, Goff
- RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Achane, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Pacheco, Carter, Warren
- WR: AJB, Wilson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Pittman, Zay, Jameson, Godwin, Palmer
- TE: Andrews, Goedert, Freiermuth, Engram
2016 and 2018 champion! :dance: :biggrin: :clap:

Team 2
12 team, PPR, 40-man rosters, 1QB 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLX
- QB: Herbert, Dalton, Minshew
- RB: Barkley, Swift, Herbert, JWilliams, Roschon, Zeke, KIngram, McFarland
- WR: Lamb, Waddle, DK, Aiyuk, MWilliams, Keenan, ARob, Woods
- TE: Andrews, Engram, Moreau, Trautman, Ruckert

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm

OCPunisher wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm I think the tiebreaker here is the fact that I am a lock contender this year, which means I'd rather hang onto Julio while he's still an elite player and get that ring. Juju is riding pretty high right now, but he's arguably doing so on the backs of Ben and Brown (and to a lesser extent, Bell), and those guys might not be around much longer, at which point Juju might not fare as well.
That's the play, don't get greedy. The objective of ffb is to win your league. JuJu will give you a good shot this year. Julio will give you a great shot and will sometimes win you weeks on his own. gl

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 pm

PLAY TO WIN! keep julio unless an overpay is present. i dont think the steelers will throw 60 times a game every week, they may with how bad the d is, but i dont think that it will continue. the thing with julio is i feel like if Atlanta throws the ball only 20 times Julio is getting 10+ of those looks, whereas in pittsburgh its AB all day everyday and that wont change till ab is gone. in a similar game where pittsburgh only throws the ball 20 times(wont happen i know but if it were to) i dont feel confident juju gets more than maybe 5 looks. Jujus target share right now is astronomical thru 2 games but with 19 targets last week in a game ben threw more than ever before in his life i dont anticipate that continuing. and if we believe james washington gets more involved as the season wears on then i say that takes from jujus looks and not ABs
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Why not both? But ya right now I have both, and up until about a week ago I was trying to move Shuster and D Freeman and a 1st for David Johnson, and I am thanking the lord his owner said no. I think it may take two years, but Shuster is going to be the man, and he will be the man long after AB is gone.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:52 pm

I mean Juju was a product of the first 2 game plans I don't think he goes to OT and ties or has a shootout with KC every game.. I think Julio will be better for the next 2-3 years but I would try to trade Julio for Juju and a 1st if you can
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:03 am

Just had this same debate with JuJu VS. Hopkins.. My buddy could flip Lindsey, DJ Moore & 2019 1st (he owns 3) for Hopkins.. I personally think thats a snap accept. His concern is he doesnt think he'll be a contender for 2 or 3 years once/if his rookies develop. I mentioned to him that Hopkins is better trade bait no matter what.

He could flip Hopkins for Juju & 2 2019 1sts or Juju, Cole 2019 1st. ETC..!
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 am

I do not think that Julio's value goes any higher than it is right now.

If you are contending and want to ride it out, I totally get it. The short-term downgrade to JuJu is easily washed away by the additional assets you are getting in the return.
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:19 am

I've owned Julio in dynasty for forever and recently traded him away for McCaffrey this preseason. Julio will get you 40-pt weeks, but then there will be a string of three or four weeks where he plays, but his ankle or hamstring or whatever is hurting and get you 10 pts those weeks. He is amazing but less reliable than people think (by the way already questionable this week with a calf issue). If you can get anything on top of JuJu for Julio, I'd accept quickly. In my mind, JuJu > Julio, even if you're contending.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:52 pm I mean Juju was a product of the first 2 game plans I don't think he goes to OT and ties or has a shootout with KC every game.. I think Julio will be better for the next 2-3 years but I would try to trade Julio for Juju and a 1st if you can
This, I see JuJu two big games almost as a great time to sell if you can great value

I think he will have a great career but i dont see him continuing these numbers throughout the year and who knows what happens in a few years with this PITT offense
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:31 am

Rosenbluu wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:52 pm I mean Juju was a product of the first 2 game plans I don't think he goes to OT and ties or has a shootout with KC every game.. I think Julio will be better for the next 2-3 years but I would try to trade Julio for Juju and a 1st if you can
This, I see JuJu two big games almost as a great time to sell if you can great value

I think he will have a great career but i dont see him continuing these numbers throughout the year and who knows what happens in a few years with this PITT offense
The guy's not a rookie. He actually had a very good season a year ago. Why are we only looking at his two games from this year and calling it a fluke?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

And the funny thing is, people are ready to anoint Conner as the next best thing after 2 games in those two same shootouts Juju was in, but he's the real deal and Juju was a product of those two games?