Trading for Kerryon Johnson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Krissi24
Role Player
Role Player

Trading for Kerryon Johnson

Postby Krissi24 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm

12 team 0.5 PPR

I have been offered Kerryon Johnson for Chris Carson and Aron Jones.
I feel like this is an easy accept, but I am also high on Johnson. He might have to share touches to start with, but going forward I think that he will be the Lions "work horse".

I am not competing this year, but this trade will leave me with these RBs and WRs:

Kerryon Johnson
Mixon
Sony Michel
Chubb

Corey Davis
Davante Adams
Watkins
Mike Williams

Thoughts??

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Re: Trading for Kerryon Johnson

Postby Kkiddynamite » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Instant accept... young roster full of potential. Aaron Jones should be and likely will be starter in GB... and I like Carson and think Penny was a mistake but I want no part of that backfield... Kerryon could be a 3 down back next year.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:24 pm

I do that in a second even if you are competing this year.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:49 am

Kkiddynamite wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:23 pm Instant accept... young roster full of potential. Aaron Jones should be and likely will be starter in GB... and I like Carson and think Penny was a mistake but I want no part of that backfield... Kerryon could be a 3 down back next year.
I think he's saying he'd be trading away those two players to get Johnson.

J. Edgar
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby J. Edgar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 am

I'd hold onto Kerryon, basically a 2nd and a 3rd for a 1st.
12 Team Dyno PPR IDP '14 '15 '17 '19 Champion '16 '18 Runner Up
QB Tannehill / Goff
RB Chubb / Kamara / Hunt / J. Rob/ Latavius /
WR Justin Jefferson/DJ Moore/M. Williams/Gallup/Boyd/Renfrow
TE Fant / Kmet / Albert O /
LB B. Wagner / Martinez / D. Leonard / Milano / Long
DB Poyer/ McKinney /
DL Day / Golden /
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX RB OR WR/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/S/S/FLEX

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 am

I’m also high on Johnson, and think it’s a matter of time until he’s the lead dog. Carson is the starter now, but how long until Penny takes over? Jones is the wild card, has shown he can perform, but has been injured and now the suspension. I’m going KJ side here, maybe try and get him to add a 2nd if you throw in a 3rd.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 am

I am curious why does everyone think Jones will be the starter? As a packer Fan I watch every game. The coaches clearly like Williams more. At the end of the year they both were healthy and Williams was used as work horse and Jones was change of pace. Now with his suspension and Williams being a pretty good back. I think odds are williams is the lead back.

With regards to this I would take KJ.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:45 am

tom14cat14 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 am I am curious why does everyone think Jones will be the starter? As a packer Fan I watch every game. The coaches clearly like Williams more. At the end of the year they both were healthy and Williams was used as work horse and Jones was change of pace. Now with his suspension and Williams being a pretty good back. I think odds are williams is the lead back.

Not to beat a dead horse as I've repeated this 100 times in this forum, but running backs who average 3.5 yards per carry do not start for long. I get it, he's reliable, but I've been watching this game for a damn long time and the 3.5 ypc back isn't going to hold off the 5.5 ypc back for very long. Williams will definitely be the lead back... to start, but Jones is coming for that backfield eventually. There's a lot of topics I can see going multiple ways, this just isn't one of them. Barring injury or an arrest, I would stake my reputation on Aaron Jones taking over that backfield by seasons end.

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 am

Snap accept for me to get Kerryon

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:52 am

0LDMAN wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:45 am
tom14cat14 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 am I am curious why does everyone think Jones will be the starter? As a packer Fan I watch every game. The coaches clearly like Williams more. At the end of the year they both were healthy and Williams was used as work horse and Jones was change of pace. Now with his suspension and Williams being a pretty good back. I think odds are williams is the lead back.

Not to beat a dead horse as I've repeated this 100 times in this forum, but running backs who average 3.5 yards per carry do not start for long. I get it, he's reliable, but I've been watching this game for a damn long time and the 3.5 ypc back isn't going to hold off the 5.5 ypc back for very long. Williams will definitely be the lead back... to start, but Jones is coming for that backfield eventually. There's a lot of topics I can see going multiple ways, this just isn't one of them. Barring injury or an arrest, I would stake my reputation on Aaron Jones taking over that backfield by seasons end.
I agree with this. Patience is a virtue. I see Jones taking over that backfield. Could be wrong, but my bet is on Jones