Alshon or Penny

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

In 12 team dynasty, 20 players on roster, for a win now team which side do you have??

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:08 am

Alshon Jeffery
50%
Rashad Penny
50%

Total votes: 10

frostylog
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Alshon or Penny

Postby frostylog » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:08 am

In 12 team dynasty, 20 players on roster, for a win now team which side do you have??

Note: i have Carson...

Starting (12 team league) - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex (RB/WR/TE) - 0.5 PPR

My team:
QB: R.Wilson, Goff
WR: AJG, Julio, Alshon, Sammy, Hogan, Meredith, K.Cole
RB: D.Johnson, Lamar, Collins, Burkhead, Barber, Carson, A.Jones
TE: Gronk, Engram

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Alshon or Penny

Postby esloan35 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 am

Stick with the best player in his prime. The lack of buzz right now due to his shoulder will pay off once the season starts.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:18 am

For that roster, I think Alshon will be more important. Ultimately you want to win the championship. Go for it while the window allows it.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 am

Guys....... Alshon is 28 going on 29. How many more years of elite fantasy production do you think he has left? The common WR starts to decline at 27. Take his best season and take about 81% of that (assuming the average 90% decline for each year removed from his peak, meaning 2 years are needed aka 81%), and that's his ceiling for this year.

Penny, on the other hand, is starting anew and looks promising. He's only 22, so he has a good 8 years of quality fantasy production ahead of him. This year could be a wash..... because of that terrible O-line...... but once that's fixed, he could be a top 5 guy.

Gimme Penny and rather easily.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 am

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 am Guys....... Alshon is 28 going on 29. How many more years of elite fantasy production do you think he has left? The common WR starts to decline at 27. Take his best season and take about 81% of that (assuming the average 90% decline for each year removed from his peak, meaning 2 years are needed aka 81%), and that's his ceiling for this year.

Penny, on the other hand, is starting anew and looks promising. He's only 22, so he has a good 8 years of quality fantasy production ahead of him. This year could be a wash..... because of that terrible O-line...... but once that's fixed, he could be a top 5 guy.

Gimme Penny and rather easily.
No offense, but I find it pretty laughable that you think a RB who has yet to play an NFL regular season snap has 8 years of quality fantasy production ahead of him, while a 28 year-old proven WR is going to decline by 20% each and every year.

Give me Alshon for your team. I could see a team taking a stab on Penny if they're desperate for RB production, but I wouldn't want to be relying on Penny in a starting lineup. He's questionable for week 1, was still pretty far behind Carson on the depth chart, and is on a team that hasn't produced a reliable RB since 2015.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:44 am

For your team and if you are in win now.. Alshon... and FWIW Im no Alshon fan at all... never liked him, and prefer Agholor(who I think will outscore Alshon this year) but still gotta take the proven guy over a rookie missing valuable time in camp and preseason right now