Trade Tarik Cohen?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Royal26
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trade Tarik Cohen?

Postby Royal26 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Team is in the signature.
I have a handful of satellite backs (Cohen, Hines. Duke Johnson) that can all provide flex value, but I lack a RB behind Hunt/ Elliott that could turn into a workhorse/ RB1 upside. I feel like Cohen's value has risen a ton this off-season with all of the Nagy hype, and could possibly be at it's peak. Is it wise to move Cohen for a back with workhorse potential? One guy in particular that comes to mind is Marlon Mack. His value seems to be deflated, as Wilkins has been getting first team work. If not Mack, is there an RB that has 3 down potential that is in the realm of Cohen's trade value?

Would anyone just stand pat with the higher floor satellite backs?
12 team Salary Cap League (PPR):
20 man rosters plus 5 taxi squad spots,
Starters: QB, 5 flex, K, D
Flex lineup requirements: 0 RB, 5 WR / 1 RB, 4 WR / 2 RB, 3 WR / 3 RB, 2 WR.
WR **can be WR or TE**

Qb: Mahomes
RB: Swift, Mitchell
WR:
K: Sanders, Zuerloin
D/ ST: Panthers, Seahawks

Draft picks:
2022: 1.4, 1.11, 2.3, 2.10
2023: 4 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
2024: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Trade Tarik Cohen?

Postby Cherokee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:36 am

Cohen over Mack until things pan out in Indy. Wait until zcohen scores a long TD then see what he csn get you
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 am

While I agree with the above poster that you can wait / sell Cohen after 1 flashy play, I would easily trade him for Mack. Before Mack's injury, he was in the driver seat with that backfield. Wilkins is taking 1st team reps because Turbin is suspended, Mack is injured, Hines sucked last week, and C. Michael is well....C. Michael.

Mack showed really well last year in some advanced stats that tend to be very predictive of future success (as much as one can forecast RBs), and was used as the clear starter last week before getting injured. If he's healthy for week 1, I'd expect 12 - 16 touches each week for him in a much improved offense.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 am While I agree with the above poster that you can wait / sell Cohen after 1 flashy play, I would easily trade him for Mack. Before Mack's injury, he was in the driver seat with that backfield. Wilkins is taking 1st team reps because Turbin is suspended, Mack is injured, Hines sucked last week, and C. Michael is well....C. Michael.

Mack showed really well last year in some advanced stats that tend to be very predictive of future success (as much as one can forecast RBs), and was used as the clear starter last week before getting injured. If he's healthy for week 1, I'd expect 12 - 16 touches each week for him in a much improved offense.
can you pull up that info to share?

im a big time mack hater so i would love for some new light to be shone on his talent and situation.

Id aim for lamar miller with cohen OP hes a not too expensive target who should have a 3 down role
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:43 am While I agree with the above poster that you can wait / sell Cohen after 1 flashy play, I would easily trade him for Mack. Before Mack's injury, he was in the driver seat with that backfield. Wilkins is taking 1st team reps because Turbin is suspended, Mack is injured, Hines sucked last week, and C. Michael is well....C. Michael.

im a big time mack hater so i would love for some new light to be shone on his talent and situation.

Id aim for lamar miller with cohen OP hes a not too expensive target who should have a 3 down role
Unfortunately I don't have the stats off-hand, but 1 that I remember was Mike Clay's yards-after-contact (or an advanced measure of that stat) for Rookie RBs. Mack graded out very, very highly - and Clay has found that stat to be very predictive of RBs that end up having long / successful careers.

I'm biased because I've been a Mack fan from the beginning, but I think he flashed BIG-TIME ability. His rookie year was littered with mistakes as well, but if he cleans those up (and how much of the fumble / catching issues were related to his torn labrum), I think he's got huge potential in that offense. I also thought it was telling that Indy passed on Chubb / Guice / Freeman / KJohnson / RJones with four (4!) second round picks in the draft.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Royal26
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Royal26 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am

Lamar Miller is a great name to throw out. He would be ideal, but his salary is too high for me to take on. I'm going to ask for Mack + to start. Don't mind holding if the deal isn't right.
12 team Salary Cap League (PPR):
20 man rosters plus 5 taxi squad spots,
Starters: QB, 5 flex, K, D
Flex lineup requirements: 0 RB, 5 WR / 1 RB, 4 WR / 2 RB, 3 WR / 3 RB, 2 WR.
WR **can be WR or TE**

Qb: Mahomes
RB: Swift, Mitchell
WR:
K: Sanders, Zuerloin
D/ ST: Panthers, Seahawks

Draft picks:
2022: 1.4, 1.11, 2.3, 2.10
2023: 4 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
2024: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:01 am

Royal26 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 am

Lamar Miller is a great name to throw out. He would be ideal, but his salary is too high for me to take on. I'm going to ask for Mack + to start. Don't mind holding if the deal isn't right.
Good luck trying to get Mack+. I definitely prefer him to Cohen so I'd expect you to be adding.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:19 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am

Unfortunately I don't have the stats off-hand, but 1 that I remember was Mike Clay's yards-after-contact (or an advanced measure of that stat) for Rookie RBs. Mack graded out very, very highly - and Clay has found that stat to be very predictive of RBs that end up having long / successful careers.

I'm biased because I've been a Mack fan from the beginning, but I think he flashed BIG-TIME ability. His rookie year was littered with mistakes as well, but if he cleans those up (and how much of the fumble / catching issues were related to his torn labrum), I think he's got huge potential in that offense. I also thought it was telling that Indy passed on Chubb / Guice / Freeman / KJohnson / RJones with four (4!) second round picks in the draft.
i didnt even realize this, this is the first thing ever said about the guy that got me more excited haha.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:53 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:19 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am

i didnt even realize this, this is the first thing ever said about the guy that got me more excited haha.
Chubb was drafted 35th overall before Indianapolis had any of their picks.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.