Thoughts on Nick Chubb

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Thoughts on Nick Chubb

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm

I have an offer on the table for the 6th overall which through some good intel from my networks chubb will still be there. 8-)

I'd need to give up 13. 18 20 and possibly 24.

I think it's a but rich because I think theres some nice sleepers in the 2nd guys like Washington and ballage.

How is everyone feeling about chubb? He lost his job to michel due to injury, but seems to have gotten his explosiveness back based on his combine numbers. He also was also a fairly competent pass catcher his first 2 years at georgia

I'm not at all concerned about his potential "bad situation" I'm patient.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Ewilliams29
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Thoughts on Nick Chubb

Postby Ewilliams29 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 pm

I like Chubb. 106 is awesome to get him if you can be patient. depends if you're a good back away or your roster needs to take the odds certainly one of your other picks will pan out. good wr will be there at 13
Wild Bill (12tm Dynasty 0.5PPR 25 player roster 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex 1DST 1K)
QB- Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Jacob Eason
RB- Nick Chubb, AJ Dillion, Jerick McKinnon, JD Mckissic, Lynn Bowden
WR- AJ Brown, Stefon Diggs, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Tyler Lockett TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Jalen Reagor, John Brown,
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet David Njoku, Logan Thompson
2021 Draft Picks 1.01 2.01 3.01

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 am

Chubb fell to me at 1.08 and I took him and immediately flipped him (Coleman and a 2nd round pick). Two things I don't like with him; the Browns are just awful and he has a bunch of folks to share that backfield with, his knee was totally shredded and will be tough to protect.
Almost have to take him at some point or trade the spot and move down. Lots of love for him out there.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 am

i dont care much about anyone available after the mid second so id trade a mess of later stuff for the chance to get him yeah
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 am

esloan35 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 am Chubb fell to me at 1.08 and I took him and immediately flipped him (Coleman and a 2nd round pick). Two things I don't like with him; the Browns are just awful and he has a bunch of folks to share that backfield with, his knee was totally shredded and will be tough to protect.
Almost have to take him at some point or trade the spot and move down. Lots of love for him out there.
you got bad value in that trade, he is over the knee as evidenced by his amazing season last year and total domination at the combine. why would his knee be tougher to protect than lev bells knee or todd gurleys knee or dalvin cooks knee? browns should be much improved but regardless his talent is too immense to pass on because his team stinks or he has a camp battle as a rookie.
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

I'd do it if you're convinced Chubb will be there. Can you wait till the pick is on the clock and then make the trade?

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am I'd do it if you're convinced Chubb will be there. Can you wait till the pick is on the clock and then make the trade?
Don't think he'd do that.

The value of first rounders increases as the draft gets closer.

I've done deals with him before and quite certain he won't screw me. He has pick 4 5 and 1 2 3 will be bark then guice/penny/Rojo
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

SHIZZLE
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby SHIZZLE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 am

I would wait until you can guarantee he is there......but I would do it. I traded up to 1.04 to grab him. I gave a 1.09, 2.12 and funchess to get him at 1.04. I am patient like you and feel he has the talent and that will emerge over situation type guys.
12 team PPR
QB- Lamar, Burrow, Richardson
WR- K. Allen, Garrett Wilson, Pickens, OBJ, DeVonta Smith, Wan'dale, Tillman
RB- McCaffrey, Chubb, Sanders, Dobbins, Brian Robinson, Roschon, Ford, Rodriguez
TE- Henry, Knox, Ferguson, Laporta, Darnell washington
K- Butker
DST- Steelers, eagles

2024 picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DST -------1 pt. - PPR

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am I'd do it if you're convinced Chubb will be there. Can you wait till the pick is on the clock and then make the trade?

I've done deals with him before and quite certain he won't screw me. He has pick 4 5 and 1 2 3 will be bark then guice/penny/Rojo
If that's the case, let him draft Chubb with the pick. Once he does, the appeal will wear off and the value will drop back down a little like driving a car off the lot. Once you're on the clock with your pick (the value of that pick will go up), he'll be interested again and might pull the trigger.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am
MrUbuto wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am

If that's the case, let him draft Chubb with the pick. Once he does, the appeal will wear off and the value will drop back down a little like driving a car off the lot. Once you're on the clock with your pick (the value of that pick will go up), he'll be interested again and might pull the trigger.
bleep you're smart. That's a great idea.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 am
esloan35 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 am Chubb fell to me at 1.08 and I took him and immediately flipped him (Coleman and a 2nd round pick). Two things I don't like with him; the Browns are just awful and he has a bunch of folks to share that backfield with, his knee was totally shredded and will be tough to protect.
you got bad value in that trade, he is over the knee as evidenced by his amazing season last year and total domination at the combine. why would his knee be tougher to protect than lev bells knee or todd gurleys knee or dalvin cooks knee? browns should be much improved but regardless his talent is too immense to pass on because his team stinks or he has a camp battle as a rookie.
All athletes shred at the combine... its a track meet. Its my take, lets see what happens. He is beige over drafted IMO, time will soon tell. An ACL, MCL, PCL is more than most injures to deal with.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:10 am

esloan35 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 am
All athletes shred at the combine... its a track meet. Its my take, lets see what happens. He is beige over drafted IMO, time will soon tell. An ACL, MCL, PCL is more than most injures to deal with.
Actually the ACL was the only part of the knee he didnt tear.

I'm not really concerned about the injury tbh. My concerns are his limited catching ability
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 pm

So I pulled the trigger on the trade.

Got 1.6 for the 13. 18 and 20

Goona go chubb or DJ Moore
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:22 am

MrUbuto wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 pm So I pulled the trigger on the trade.

Got 1.6 for the 13. 18 and 20

Goona go chubb or DJ Moore
go chubb!
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 am

esloan35 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 am
this is a silly statement. they wouldnt do the combine if it didnt compare athletes to other athletes while performing the same drills. some guys shred, some guys stink, chubb dominated the field aside from barkley
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3