WR Offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

WR Offer

Postby bigbuck22 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Looking for long term outlook and value with this trade offer I received today.

M Lee for Tre'Quan Smith

Current value certainly sits with Lee but his ceiling is definitely limited. I don't expect him to ever go over 900 and 5 with Jax. His trade value for say a serviceable depth RB might be worth the move.

Smith is an unknown at this point. He probably has a chance to take on a WR2 role already this year which would obviously elevate his status. Brees won't play forever so that could possibly play in to his long term value.

Keep in mind that either of these guys would probably be my 6th or 7th WR.

Help walk me through both sides and what's your opinion?
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Metcalf, Ridley, Palmer, Shaheed, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: WR Offer

Postby vixen » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:06 pm

tough call....t' smith getting some buzz right now...Lee already visited trainers

i suppose if you think you can get more from Lee in a trade, then make the trade...i think Lee is currently listed as WR1 on Jax..
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 pm

vixen wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:06 pm tough call....t' smith getting some buzz right now...Lee already visited trainers

i suppose if you think you can get more from Lee in a trade, then make the trade...i think Lee is currently listed as WR1 on Jax..
Looking through league rosters, I'm not sure I could move Lee for much at this point especially since we have to trim rosters down to 22. Some guys have as many as 6 drops while others only a couple. Lee wouldn't be on the chopping block for any of my trade partners, but he doesn't look like a guy that many would be trying to take on prior to the start of the season. Lee could easily get caught up in a flurry of depth as Jax has multiple WRs who are about equal to his talent. Add in his injury history and Bortles as his QB and the intrigue wears off fairly quickly. At this point, I think I'm leaning toward the higher end potential in Smith, particularly as my WR7.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Metcalf, Ridley, Palmer, Shaheed, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Marqise Lee is becoming one of those underrated depth WRs - he's done enough in his career that he'll always likely find a role - sort of like a Brandon Lafell or a Rishard Matthews - but it is not likely he'll ever be anyones idea of a WR1 or WR2 - but he has put up WR1-2 stretches with Bortles before and could do so again.

If Tre'Quan Smith can beat out Meredith as WR3 (behind Ginn and Thomas) he'll likely have more immediate value because like you said people will be tantalized by his "higher end potential" that same potential Lee once had before becoming a safer Floor lower upside depth guy
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 pm

I'd go with Smith's upside over Lee's floor.