Trade offer I get J. Howard and C. Sutton and give Dalvin Cook

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade offer I get J. Howard and C. Sutton and give Dalvin Cook

Postby skip » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:56 am This is some crazy advice people are giving.....

as of July ADP is as follows:

Dalvin Cook: 14
Howard: 41

Would any of you seriously trade pick 2.2 in a startup for pick 4.5 and a late 1st?
That ADP is terrible. My rankings have the two backs dead even. Just because the community thinks Howard is a "2 down thumper" doesn't mean it's true. If I owned Howard, I'd be hard pressed to move him straight up for Cook. Cook isn't in my top 10 backs much less showing up at #14 overall
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am

A legit 3 down back on a great offense for Howard and Sutton? I'm hopping all over that. Cook EASILY
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 am

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:03 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:56 am This is some crazy advice people are giving.....

Would any of you seriously trade pick 2.2 in a startup for pick 4.5 and a late 1st?
I'm very high on Cook, but I think his ADP of 14 is a bit generous and overhyped. And the opposite goes for Howard where he's pretty underrated by a lot of the fantasy community. I think the deal is fair, but can see Cook owners not wanting to do this.
i can understand if you want to say Cook is overvalued and Howard is undervalued but I just cannot get behind a late 1st/early 2nd is the gap between the too. Cook has just as safe of a floor as howard with a much much higher ceiling...Sutton is going to stay behind Sanders and DT for at least 1 maybe 2 years before starting and has a mediocre Qb throwing to him. I also definitely can't get behind Howard>=cook in anyway, especially redraft, I could join 50 leagues and wouldn't see howard go before cook in any of them
ADP is not driven by experience its driven by people drafting. you could have no clue what you are doing and pick dalvin at 14, generally i would bet newer players are taking him that early he has 4 games undr his belt and a torn acl. you are acting like its insane that a guy who had 1600 yards as a rookie should be similarly valued to a guy who played 4 freaking games and tore up his knee lol. its insane that people arent higher on howard and its really insane how youth driven and splash play crazy the dynasty community seems to be at times.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:37 am

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:17 am
knotts4372 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 am

cook is massively overpriced doesnt change my mind set id rather have howard
So you'll be drafting Howard over Cook is redraft leagues? Howard is a 2 down thumper on a mediocre offense, Cook is a 3 down work horse on an elite offense and elite defense
yes i indeed would take howard over cook in redraft.
In redraft I would take Howard over Cook as well. In a dynasty startup I'm not touching Cook at 14, and I own the guy in a few leagues and like the talent a lot, but he is over valued and will have to do a lot to justify that ranking. Heck, he will need to do a lot to put up numbers that Howard has the past two years. I am trying to trade Cook for top dollar, he is a strong sell.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Tearing an ACL means almost nothing anymore...devaluing a player because of that injury is dumb. Cook was a very very high rb draft prospect and then came in a did an extremely good job before injury. He is going to have just as many touches as Howard+ more receptions and a wayyyyyy better team. I like Howard a lot too but they aren't in the same class...I wish I could've gotten cook for so cheap. Also Howard IS a 2 down thumper, he has the highest drop rate in the NFL for 2 seasons in a row....he isn't magically going to start catching 50+ passes even if the coaches staff let him, Which they won't.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Cook and not close.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

nonamedefense
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nonamedefense » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 pm

If your going for production...then I would make the trade because a few years ago Howard rushed for 1600 yards and I believe he had double digits touchdowns. Cook played in only 4 games and only 1 of those was a breakout game. If your going for potential then I believe Cook has a bigger upside, therefore I would not give him up for Howard.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Both can be true that Howard is undervalued and Cook is overvalued. In saying that, I think the deal is even and I highly covet Sutton. 2.02 for 4.04 and 7.08 (Sutton's startup) is edge to the 2.02 but Cook shouyldnt be 2.02

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 pm Tearing an ACL means almost nothing anymore...devaluing a player because of that injury is dumb. Cook was a very very high rb draft prospect and then came in a did an extremely good job before injury. He is going to have just as many touches as Howard+ more receptions and a wayyyyyy better team. I like Howard a lot too but they aren't in the same class...I wish I could've gotten cook for so cheap. Also Howard IS a 2 down thumper, he has the highest drop rate in the NFL for 2 seasons in a row....he isn't magically going to start catching 50+ passes even if the coaches staff let him, Which they won't.
cook did an extremely good job? that sentence sounds absolutely ridiculous considering he played 4 games and really only 1 of those was actually real good.

look we get it you are one of the guys that are driving cooks value up to a ludicrous price. but regardless of what you believe, right now he is massively overvalued for a guy coming off major surgery (yes acl surgery is still major, you saying its nothing makes you come off as moronic) and only has a 4 game sample. cook is also not even a year older so age isnt a huge factor.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 pm Tearing an ACL means almost nothing anymore...devaluing a player because of that injury is dumb. Cook was a very very high rb draft prospect and then came in a did an extremely good job before injury. He is going to have just as many touches as Howard+ more receptions and a wayyyyyy better team. I like Howard a lot too but they aren't in the same class...I wish I could've gotten cook for so cheap. Also Howard IS a 2 down thumper, he has the highest drop rate in the NFL for 2 seasons in a row....he isn't magically going to start catching 50+ passes even if the coaches staff let him, Which they won't.
cook did an extremely good job? that sentence sounds absolutely ridiculous considering he played 4 games and really only 1 of those was actually real good.

look we get it you are one of the guys that are driving cooks value up to a ludicrous price. but regardless of what you believe, right now he is massively overvalued for a guy coming off major surgery (yes acl surgery is still major, you saying its nothing makes you come off as moronic) and only has a 4 game sample. cook is also not even a year older so age isnt a huge factor.
We can revisit this post in the season when YOU look moronic....Keenan allen came back from an ACL and was the WR3, Gurley came back from an ACL his rookie season and went off, Peterson came back from an ACL and was the rushing leader....me stating a fact that ACL surgery is not a huge factor is not moronic at all, there is plenty of evidence to go around to show its not that big of a concern. You saying he only had one real good game yet after 4 games he was on pace for 1600 rushing yards and close to 300 carries? I'm just saying Cook has a much higher upside than Howard, has a 3 down skillset which after 2 seasons can safely be said howard does not, higher drafted, better offense, better team in general to give him more positive game scripts. If you are high on sutton fine, but saying howard>Cook is MORONIC. If they were relatively close in ADP even 1 round separate I can see an argument to be made but its literally 3 rounds, his value may be inflated but there is a reason the gap is so huge for them. ADP isn't the end all be all but when a guy is going 3 round earlier that is a clear tier drop off between them.

if you do not believe in Cook thats cool but you're losing "value" by trading him for Howard plus a early second round pick MAYBE late 1st. You could do much better trading cook to apparently morons like me.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am

skip wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

That ADP is terrible. My rankings have the two backs dead even. Just because the community thinks Howard is a "2 down thumper" doesn't mean it's true. If I owned Howard, I'd be hard pressed to move him straight up for Cook. Cook isn't in my top 10 backs much less showing up at #14 overall
I hate how I'm bashing Howard in this thread but ranking them dead even is foolish. Howard IS a 2 down thumper, he's statistically the worst receiving back in the league. Cook has 3 down potential, Howard does not, Cook is on a better offense and a better team. If you don't want to take him 14th overall thats fine but ADP is a way to gouge what the "community" thinks and trading the 2.2 for a late 4th and 7th is good value.

24FlavorsofFun
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 24FlavorsofFun » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am

All Jordan Howard has done is not get injured and average 1,400 total yards in his first 2 years with John Fox as the head coach.

Cook played 4 games and tore his ACL

I'd say Howard's floor is quite a bit higher than Cooks with his ceiling lower but not by that much.

Cook is overvalued on hype, Howard undervalued on proven production.

Give me Howard and the 1st.
Fig Newtons - 12 team superflex .5 ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, Flex, SF
QB - Dak, Brissett, Purdy
RB - Najee, Swift, J.Robinson, D.Henderson, McKinnon,
WR - M.Thomas, D.Hop, DJ Moore, Miller, G.Davis, MVS
TE - Kittle, Gesicki, Hockenson
Picks: 2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Young Newts - 14 team .25 ppr Superflex, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, wr/rb, OP
QB - Allen, Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, L.Bell, Ingram, K.Johnson, Mack, T.Coleman
WR - M.Thomas, OBJ, Woods, Moore, Godwin, R.Anderson
TE - Gesicki, Witten, Irv
Picks: 2022 - 3, 4, 5

DirkaDirka - 12 team PPR Superflex
QB: Mayfield, Allen, M.Ryan, Bridgewater, Mond
RB: Mixon, Swift, Sanders, Ekeler, DJ, Kerryon
WR: Tyreek, A.Cooper, D.Adams, A-Rob, C.Davis, P.Williams, V.Jefferson, Duverney
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Hollister
2022: All picks

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 amCook has 3 down potential, Howard does not, Cook is on a better offense
True in 2017, but not necessarily in 2018...some of it is homerism, but I do think CHI's offensive efficiency can be much-improved with the upgrade from Fox to Nagy.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am
knotts4372 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:24 pm

We can revisit this post in the season when YOU look moronic....Keenan allen came back from an ACL and was the WR3, Gurley came back from an ACL his rookie season and went off, Peterson came back from an ACL and was the rushing leader....me stating a fact that ACL surgery is not a huge factor is not moronic at all, there is plenty of evidence to go around to show its not that big of a concern. You saying he only had one real good game yet after 4 games he was on pace for 1600 rushing yards and close to 300 carries? I'm just saying Cook has a much higher upside than Howard, has a 3 down skillset which after 2 seasons can safely be said howard does not, higher drafted, better offense, better team in general to give him more positive game scripts. If you are high on sutton fine, but saying howard>Cook is MORONIC. If they were relatively close in ADP even 1 round separate I can see an argument to be made but its literally 3 rounds, his value may be inflated but there is a reason the gap is so huge for them. ADP isn't the end all be all but when a guy is going 3 round earlier that is a clear tier drop off between them.

if you do not believe in Cook thats cool but you're losing "value" by trading him for Howard plus a early second round pick MAYBE late 1st. You could do much better trading cook to apparently morons like me.
those players you mentioned worked extremely hard to come back from acl injuries. that doesn't mean its a serious injury lmfao. keep posting tho. love how you come off as more a derp each time
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter