Rank these WR

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rank these WR

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 pm

AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:05 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm Mike evans
Keenan Allen
Michale Thomas
Davante Adams

Mike Evans has had 4 straight 1000 yard seasons.. over that 4 year span he has 32 touchdowns. And many people agree that jaemis hasn't been the best QB over the past few years. He has more weapons around him to take some heat off but also siphon targets. Even with 122 targets in his rookie year (from Josh McCown) and 136 last year, he still eclipsed the 1000 yard mark and these aren't high % throws either, it's run straight and make the contested catch 20 yards down field. His target totals are good for 29th and 11th in the seasons mentioned above. He has shown in 2016 he is every bit as good as Hopkins is and Hopkins is overall #1 discussion. People have short memories.

Keenan and MT are very similar players imo (good size, not the most athletic, but they create separation anyways, reliable hands, tied to great QBs that are flirting with retirement) I have Keenan higher because he has posted at least 1 elite season. MT seems to be very consistently mid-low end WR1 but hasn't had a pop off season like Allen. Allen's injury history people say is over blown but I don't think so. It might not be major injuries like an ACL tear every year, but he is always on the injury report, if it isn't an ankle issue over a month it's a back problem or something with him. It doesn't always keep him out of games but you've gotta wonder how it will affect his longevity.

Admas doesn't impress me, not a fan of GB, I think he is good at contested catches which is evident by how many touchdowns he has over the past two seasons but his yardage totals imo do not warrant his ADP. No way I spend a mid second round pick on a TD dependent guy on a dysfunctional team that is propped up by a superstar QB they lucked into.
Nice write up two things are head scratcher for me.

1. You say MT hasn't posted a elite year are you forgetting he only played 2 years and has about 200 catches , 2400 yards , 14 TDs in them , The TDs aren't there yet but I think he starts getting 10+ a year , I mean he hasn't even hit his year 3 breakout yet.

2. You said Adams is tied to ARod kinda implying he needs him to be good but with Nelson still in GB last year without ARod he was a top 10 WR , He only played 14 games and had 74-855-10 on 114 targets with who at QB ? I think he starts getting elite WR targets now the 160+ amount and with ARod throwing them he can easily put up 110-1400-16ish
Fair points, and MT could very well prove me wrong, don't really have a counter to it or anything, but just looking backwards he hasn't been study, but he for sure can pop off going forward, can he pop off without first ballot hall of fame QB Drew Brees? Idk, but he definitely is a great player regardless, just needs to take that next step.

So far as admas goes I will have to agree to disagree until he proves me wrong. I will note that I just hate GB and haven't looked into Adams much. I do agree that he could take a big leap forward with Rodgers back and Nelson gone. But I am not buying at current prices. However you have given me much to think about when looking at Adams...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:42 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 pm
AresGodOWar wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:05 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm Mike evans
Keenan Allen
Michale Thomas
Davante Adams

Mike Evans has had 4 straight 1000 yard seasons.. over that 4 year span he has 32 touchdowns. And many people agree that jaemis hasn't been the best QB over the past few years. He has more weapons around him to take some heat off but also siphon targets. Even with 122 targets in his rookie year (from Josh McCown) and 136 last year, he still eclipsed the 1000 yard mark and these aren't high % throws either, it's run straight and make the contested catch 20 yards down field. His target totals are good for 29th and 11th in the seasons mentioned above. He has shown in 2016 he is every bit as good as Hopkins is and Hopkins is overall #1 discussion. People have short memories.

Keenan and MT are very similar players imo (good size, not the most athletic, but they create separation anyways, reliable hands, tied to great QBs that are flirting with retirement) I have Keenan higher because he has posted at least 1 elite season. MT seems to be very consistently mid-low end WR1 but hasn't had a pop off season like Allen. Allen's injury history people say is over blown but I don't think so. It might not be major injuries like an ACL tear every year, but he is always on the injury report, if it isn't an ankle issue over a month it's a back problem or something with him. It doesn't always keep him out of games but you've gotta wonder how it will affect his longevity.

Admas doesn't impress me, not a fan of GB, I think he is good at contested catches which is evident by how many touchdowns he has over the past two seasons but his yardage totals imo do not warrant his ADP. No way I spend a mid second round pick on a TD dependent guy on a dysfunctional team that is propped up by a superstar QB they lucked into.
Nice write up two things are head scratcher for me.

1. You say MT hasn't posted a elite year are you forgetting he only played 2 years and has about 200 catches , 2400 yards , 14 TDs in them , The TDs aren't there yet but I think he starts getting 10+ a year , I mean he hasn't even hit his year 3 breakout yet.

2. You said Adams is tied to ARod kinda implying he needs him to be good but with Nelson still in GB last year without ARod he was a top 10 WR , He only played 14 games and had 74-855-10 on 114 targets with who at QB ? I think he starts getting elite WR targets now the 160+ amount and with ARod throwing them he can easily put up 110-1400-16ish
Fair points, and MT could very well prove me wrong, don't really have a counter to it or anything, but just looking backwards he hasn't been study, but he for sure can pop off going forward, can he pop off without first ballot hall of fame QB Drew Brees? Idk, but he definitely is a great player regardless, just needs to take that next step.

So far as admas goes I will have to agree to disagree until he proves me wrong. I will note that I just hate GB and haven't looked into Adams much. I do agree that he could take a big leap forward with Rodgers back and Nelson gone. But I am not buying at current prices. However you have given me much to think about when looking at Adams...
I just tried to get Adams on team 2 but was rejected without a counter its a .5ppr so RBs are a little more , I offered Mack , Sutton , Meredith I know it was low but was trying to feel him out.

I am a diehard GB fan so I am a little bias :) , I'm not going to lie Adams worries me he sucked the year Nelson was out with ARod there idk if he can handle WR1 but he was a little young at the time I guess we will see this year , I think there is a chance Dez ends up in GB to.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Allen

Evans
MT

Adams

Adams is going to disappoint a lot of people this year.

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Moving forward...

Allen
MT
Adams
Evans
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:57 am

Thomas
Evans
Allen
Adams
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 am

HughHoney wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 am Allen
Thomas
Evans
Adams
This
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am

You definitely should have made a poll for this. But:

Thomas
Keenan
Evans

Adams
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson