Dez for a half-eaten ham sandwich and a warm can of diet 7up?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Dez for a half-eaten ham sandwich and a warm can of diet 7up?

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:45 pm

One of my leaguemates made a ham sandwich for lunch and now claims he can’t finish the whole thing. He offered the rest of it to me for Dez. He’s also willing to throw in a warm can of diet 7up.

Not really sure if this is a fair price for Dez or not. What if he never signs with anyone ever and never plays again? Should I cash out now, or wait and hope he signs somewhere? I’m not really a fan of artificially sweetened sodas, but I figure I could throw the diet 7up in the fridge and maybe flip it down the road for an A&W or maybe an RC Cola.

Is this enough for Dez? Should I ask if he has a couple packets of yellow mustard to throw in?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Dez for a half-eaten ham sandwich and a warm can of diet 7up?

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:12 pm

whats the offer? if its the team in your sig....you only roster 17, while dez may not equal a garbage offer...the roster space may be more valuable if someone can be claimed imo. shallow league presents a "different" aspect to dynasty.

while i think dez likely signs, and if he does he's certain to see some looks....there is nothing that suggests that he's going to be elite imo. he was already the most inconsistent "high end" wr.

if it matters much to you...i was offering mid-late 2nds for him while my picks were on the clock and did not have a buyer in any league. the concensus must be holding or valuing him higher than a top 15 pick (or so) this year. for your team....i dont see you having a strong contender with or without dez. maybe he gets you something later on...but again, i dont know who may be available on waivers that presents a better option.

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:13 pm

you might have to add haha :D
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

Gronk
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Gronk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Hahaha!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Not a fan of 7-up to move Dez. Make it a Dr Pepper and a new sandwich. That would be a fair price.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Ham is completely overrated. The tape I've watched on ham is terrible. It is purely a system lunchmeat. Tomatoes and cheese consistently had to cover hams responsibilities. Ham's reputation built solely on the coattails of its proven pork cousins bacon and sausage. Don't fall for the ham hype.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:55 pm

motherlode wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 pm Ham is completely overrated. The tape I've watched on ham is terrible. It is purely a system lunchmeat. Tomatoes and cheese consistently had to cover hams responsibilities. Ham's reputation built solely on the coattails of its proven pork cousins bacon and sausage. Don't fall for the ham hype.
Agreed. It consistently gets credit it doesn't deserve. Where would have be without swiss? How many times has mustard saved hams glaring inefficiencies that don't enable it to produce satisfying results on it's own?

To the OP. Forget the packs of yellow mustard. You can only get about half of it out of those little packets, and chances are you'lll get some on your fingers, it's not worth the hassle. Dez is worth at least a small jar of Dijon on top of the ham sandwich and 7 up. I would also see if he'd be willing to do it on rye bread, but it might be too much to ask at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:00 pm

skip wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:33 pm Not a fan of 7-up to move Dez. Make it a Dr Pepper and a new sandwich. That would be a fair price.
You might have to settle for Mr Pibb.

"Mr Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper, but it's a BS replica, because that f@cker didn't even get his degree!"- Mitch Hedberg
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Tried to get him for Snead and 2019 2nd for team 1 but was denied..

Seems like people are forgetting he was the #24 WR in football last year more points than guys like Hilton , JGordon , Kupp , Goodwin , Crabtree , Watkins with Dak as his QB.. Now I know he isn't on a team yet but he is still only 29 that isn't to old for a WR guys older are Fitz , AB , AJG , DT , Nelson.. Yes I know he didn't look like himself the last couple years but that was because injuries and QB play.

I think if he ends up in GB or Sea. he can put up as good if not better numbers than last year , I would love to see him in GB on the opposite side of Adams with ARod throwing to him as a fantasy owner and a GB fan but I know he probably won't go there , I think he ends up in Sea. with RWilson a awesome QB that will have to pass a lot more with the D falling apart , he should step right into the #2 and they need a red zone threat bad with Graham and Richardson gone.

Less than 2 months to find out :)

Edit - I forgot Hou. they are one of my top 3 teams he goes to they need a big red zone threat they are weak at TE they could use Dez opposite side Hopkins it would take the pressure off him to.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR