what would you do with this team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

what would you do with this team?

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 am

Regarding the second team in my sig, what moves would you make?

I feel this team is solid, but depth as a HUGE issue. Most of my depth is high end rookies, instead of established mid tier veterans. There's always the chance some of these rookies bust, but this is a cheaper league ($50/season) so I figured I would take a bit of a different approach.

My starting lineup would most likely look like the following:
Carr, Stafford
Bell, K Johnson
Landry, Evans, C Davis
Clay

--------------------

I am a bit worried about Bell. Thinking he might just hold out entirely due to the situation in Pittsburgh. Without him, this team is clearly bottom tier, as I would need to replace bell with one of my rookie WR, either Kirk or Ridley, or Ty Montgomery. I'll be lucky to get half the weekly production from any of them as I would from a workhorse like Bell.

Do I move Bell for future pieces? I'd imagine this is a horrible time to try and sell Bell, due to his situation. The only reason I snagged him was because he fell to me at 1.12 in our startup draft.

What types of deals would you be eyeballing as an owner of this team?
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: what would you do with this team?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 am

try to buy lamar miller. that would give you a sense of security at rb and you have foreman should miller end up getting supplanted by him
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 am

Honestly, I don't think that you're starting line-up is that solid.

Compared to competitive teams, your staring line-up, I would imagine, is average at best (and more likely below average) at QB, RB, and WR is abysmal at TE. Yes, you have one elite player (Bell) and one near-elite player (Evans), but that's it.

In addition, as you noted, your depth at all positions is non-existent. This team, IMO, is a tear-down and re-build. Sorry...!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 am

your best bet is to probably trade Bell but nothing to due with his situation, just for the fact that your team doesnt seem like a winner at this time.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 pm

moishetreats wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 am Honestly, I don't think that you're starting line-up is that solid.

Compared to competitive teams, your staring line-up, I would imagine, is average at best (and more likely below average) at QB, RB, and WR is abysmal at TE. Yes, you have one elite player (Bell) and one near-elite player (Evans), but that's it.

In addition, as you noted, your depth at all positions is non-existent. This team, IMO, is a tear-down and re-build. Sorry...!
Considering how young the majority of the team is, I see no reason to tear-down and rebuild - its more of a wait and see what 2019 brings situation. But I agree if the goal was to be a strong contender in 2018, it is likely to take a lot of luck (injuries to opponents and career years for your players) to achieve as is. This looks like more of a progressive struggle start. If you end up with a top 4 pick next year you could add a WR/QB (or use the pick for something) that could really push you into contention as the youth develop (hopefully).

Re: Bell - if your team struggles out of the gate I would sell to a contender who has injuries that occur mid-season. Otherwise you'll either sell at a discount or need to wait it out. And it is not like he is McCoys age (or situation) - so seems like worse case scenario for next few years would be low RB1 high RB2.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm

I’d wait until in season and then look to move Bell. I just have a feeling that he going to be used up and then left free next season. Sell him off and work as hard as you can to add a te.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 pm
moishetreats wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 am Honestly, I don't think that you're starting line-up is that solid.

Considering how young the majority of the team is, I see no reason to tear-down and rebuild - its more of a wait and see what 2019 brings situation. But I agree if the goal was to be a strong contender in 2018, it is likely to take a lot of luck (injuries to opponents and career years for your players) to achieve as is. This looks like more of a progressive struggle start. If you end up with a top 4 pick next year you could add a WR/QB (or use the pick for something) that could really push you into contention as the youth develop (hopefully).

Re: Bell - if your team struggles out of the gate I would sell to a contender who has injuries that occur mid-season. Otherwise you'll either sell at a discount or need to wait it out. And it is not like he is McCoys age (or situation) - so seems like worse case scenario for next few years would be low RB1 high RB2.
I hear ya', but "young" doesn't mean "good" -- and certainly not "elite". Just because a team is "young" doesn't guarantee that it becomes a winner. In addition, most young teams have a LOT of young players, giving the owner a few chances for each position to cultivate strong players. By admission, OP doesn't have depth. In other words, for this team ever to win, every single one of his young players in his current starting line-up either has to remain elite (Bell and Evans and to a lesser degree Landry) OR improve (everyone else, even guys like Stafford). There's just no realistic way -- none -- that all the highly-productive players remain just as productive for a number of years while every single young player, even within a couple of years, makes HUGE jumps to be a #1 or even #2 at his position. Possible? Yes. But, I can't think of any owner anywhere who would essentially say, "I have my starting line-up with a couple of studs, a couple of steady-eddies, and young players. They're all going to remain or become top-end players or studs, so I have a championship team in the works. I just need to sit back and wait."

Of course, OP isn't saying that either! That's why he's posting. And, I could be wrong about his team, especially because I don't recall seeing his bench. That being said, I don't see a way that this starting line-up, as is, ever wins a championship without faaaaar too many things going the right way. Hence, I suggested tearing it down.

Just one person's thoughts, of course, and I concede that the majority of the responses suggest a more wait-and-see approach.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 am

moishetreats wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 am
ArrylT wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 pm

I hear ya', but "young" doesn't mean "good" -- and certainly not "elite". Just because a team is "young" doesn't guarantee that it becomes a winner. In addition, most young teams have a LOT of young players, giving the owner a few chances for each position to cultivate strong players. By admission, OP doesn't have depth. In other words, for this team ever to win, every single one of his young players in his current starting line-up either has to remain elite (Bell and Evans and to a lesser degree Landry) OR improve (everyone else, even guys like Stafford). There's just no realistic way -- none -- that all the highly-productive players remain just as productive for a number of years while every single young player, even within a couple of years, makes HUGE jumps to be a #1 or even #2 at his position. Possible? Yes. But, I can't think of any owner anywhere who would essentially say, "I have my starting line-up with a couple of studs, a couple of steady-eddies, and young players. They're all going to remain or become top-end players or studs, so I have a championship team in the works. I just need to sit back and wait."

Of course, OP isn't saying that either! That's why he's posting. And, I could be wrong about his team, especially because I don't recall seeing his bench. That being said, I don't see a way that this starting line-up, as is, ever wins a championship without faaaaar too many things going the right way. Hence, I suggested tearing it down.

Just one person's thoughts, of course, and I concede that the majority of the responses suggest a more wait-and-see approach.
Yeah I quite agree that young does not mean good - but usually when you tear down a team you get younger in the process, and they are already there. Otherwise its just shaking things up for the shake of shaking it up if you trade one asset for another of similar age/value (ie trading AJ Green for Julio). Also unless you're lucky, or hit on a great trade, usually you're trading your best players for picks and upside players, which again he's already at.

Basically it is like the team was already torn down, save for L. Bell, and this is the result, ie most tear downs end up at this stage, then to tear it down any further just means a longer rebuild process since he'll be getting 2nds & 3rds rather than 1sts. Since the team is young enough, he can see if it plays out as predicted, or if he is better or worse than expected.

If better - great (because he'll be in the playoffs and then anything goes).
If worse - great (because he'll have a high pick to add a foundation piece).

If he ends up in the murky middle - then the youth of his team means the value really hasnt crashed, like it would if the team was loaded with 28+ aged veterans, and the landscape of the league may have shifted enough that he can get better results on an overhaul.

I also think since it is a SF league, and his QB core is young (when Stafford is the old man of the group) he'll have plenty of time to build depth at other places - even if it means hard work. Also I am guessing that the startup was earlier this year - maybe the OP can confirm or deny that. If it is - then thats another reason to avoid a tear down because (a) most of the teams are likely to be equally balanced atm, and (b) unlikely to want to have shifted their valuations enough to benefit a tear down.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..