For an owner of Lamar Miller, would you offer the 2.04 rookie pick for D'Onta Foreman?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: For an owner of Lamar Miller, would you offer the 2.04 rookie pick for D'Onta Foreman?

Postby cvbuc » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 am

The people who own Foreman won't sell him for the 2.04.
I know there are Miller truthers on this forum, but the only reason Miller has a job right now is because of an achilles.
However, to think Foreman will just come back from that injury and supplant Miller right away is improbable at best. We'll know in about 2 weeks when training camp begins.

If he is delayed in coming back or we start hearing about a possible PUP - that's when I'd look to strike and buy low on Foreman.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: For an owner of Lamar Miller, would you offer the 2.04 rookie pick for D'Onta Foreman?

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:16 am

cvbuc wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 am The people who own Foreman won't sell him for the 2.04.
I know there are Miller truthers on this forum, but the only reason Miller has a job right now is because of an achilles.
However, to think Foreman will just come back from that injury and supplant Miller right away is improbable at best. We'll know in about 2 weeks when training camp begins.

If he is delayed in coming back or we start hearing about a possible PUP - that's when I'd look to strike and buy low on Foreman.
Funny you say that. I own both, and I’m actually HOPING Foreman starts the year on the PUP. We have roster cutdowns prior to week 1, so that would allow me to IR Foreman and keep a bubble player like Enunwa or Montgomery for an extra 6-7 weeks. Plus, I really liked what I saw from him last year, so I would prefer that they not rush him back. But obviously, being a Miller owner affords me that patience. Heh.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 am

cvbuc wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 am I know there are Miller truthers on this forum, but the only reason Miller has a job right now is because of an achilles.
This has been a topic discussed here many times this off season. Go back and watch everything you can on Foreman from last season and find some statistical analysis. There is a reason there are Miller "truthers". As much as you might not like Miller, he was the better, more consistent option of the two last season. Take a look at how the two were used as well and you will find that the team used Foreman only selectively and that usage was diminishing weeks prior to the injury. To say that Miller only has a job because of that injury is just flat out untrue.

When Miller is eventually replaced in that offense, it is unlikely going to be by Foreman or anyone else currently on that roster.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Njpell
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Njpell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 am

I own miller and would not pay 2.04 given uncertainty of Foreman’s injury. I would sooner draft Drake or Hines with 2.04 since both are promising backs.

Njpell
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Njpell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 am

Correction: Sorry, meant to say Ballage, Drake’s backup

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 am

Yea i think my plan will be to hold for now and see whats available. Trading on the clock is always an option too if someone is interested.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez