Lamar Jackson Waiver Wire FAAB value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
redstang08
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Lamar Jackson Waiver Wire FAAB value

Postby redstang08 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:18 pm

So our league has finished its two round rookie draft, and Lamar Jackson made it without getting drafted. I am thinking about spending some FAAB cash to pick him up off of waivers. Our league provides $100 FAAB per season. With that in mind, how much would you be willing to plunk down on him? Also looking at Deon Cain, Trequan Smith, Jordan Lasley, and Ito Smith. How do you value these guys on first time waivers?
(12 team, full ppr, 25 man roster, 1 QB, no TE premium)

For Whom Odell Tolls
QB: Rivers, Prescott, Winston, Allen
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Collins, Chubb, K. Johnson, P. Barber, Chase Edmonds
WR: OBJ, Lockett, Godwin Jeffery, Ross, M. Bryant, Coleman, Dorsett
TE: OJ Howard, Seals Jones, Jonnu Smith
D: JAX
K: Crosby
IR: Kumerow, Chris Warren III
Picks: 2019 2nd (x3)

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson Waiver Wire FAAB value

Postby abloom » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:36 pm

50+
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm

lamar jackson should be the least of your worries. you already have a few capeable qb's. no worries, ive found myself in that spot a time or 2.....i would look to move a qb for a player that you like. obviously your league dictates the market, assuming that you think owning the "market share on qb's" is the way to approach your team.

if you plan on picking up jackson....i would seriously shop trub, winston, and dak around for wr's.

i could get on board with adding him and cutting ekler, but my max bid would be 10 since dont see the poiint of adding someone that everyone passed on already.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 pm

He just went undrafted and you do not need him. 5-10.

redstang08
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby redstang08 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:56 pm

sloth8u wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm lamar jackson should be the least of your worries. you already have a few capeable qb's. no worries, ive found myself in that spot a time or 2.....i would look to move a qb for a player that you like. obviously your league dictates the market, assuming that you think owning the "market share on qb's" is the way to approach your team.

if you plan on picking up jackson....i would seriously shop trub, winston, and dak around for wr's.

i could get on board with adding him and cutting ekler, but my max bid would be 10 since dont see the poiint of adding someone that everyone passed on already.
I guess my strategy would be to invest in Jackson and hope his stock shoots up like D. Watson last year, or at the very least becomes a serviceable starter. I have been thinking about moving Winston because he is so volatile.

Last year I missed out on Watson because I drafted Godwin with the 23rd pick and the final pick of our two round draft was Watson. I picked Godwin because of his measurables, and he will most likely turn into a good receiver, but I could have made a good deal with someone, sending Watson away. Post draft this year, I don't think there are any rookie receivers available that profile like Godwin.

I actually have been able to flip Trubisky, just waiting for the ink to dry on that deal (league vote). And he was a FA pickup. I guess I view young QB's with hype fairly valuable in the trade market.
(12 team, full ppr, 25 man roster, 1 QB, no TE premium)

For Whom Odell Tolls
QB: Rivers, Prescott, Winston, Allen
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Collins, Chubb, K. Johnson, P. Barber, Chase Edmonds
WR: OBJ, Lockett, Godwin Jeffery, Ross, M. Bryant, Coleman, Dorsett
TE: OJ Howard, Seals Jones, Jonnu Smith
D: JAX
K: Crosby
IR: Kumerow, Chris Warren III
Picks: 2019 2nd (x3)