OTC Last pick of draft. Last call!!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

OTC Last pick of draft. Last call!!

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am

12 team PPR 25 man roster. Performance scoring. The roster is in signature below. 1 QB league. 5th round of Rookie/Vet draft. Last round.

Ryan Switzer Oakland (PR/KR/Slot WR.) Cooper is clear #1. MB suspension possibility could open a door for Switzer. Jordy Nelson should work the other side with Cooper. I think Switzer is better than Seth Roberts right now. Gruden has been giving Switzer some good coach speak so far but that's why we call it coach speak. " Switzer has been a force in the slot" yadda, yadda, yadda.

JJ Nelson Arizona (#2 or 3 maybe) Fitz#1 and just spent a high draft pick on Kirk. Chad Williams and Brice Butler are also a threat. Nelson is age 26 with "oodles" of speed to burn deep threat one trick pony but also getting the coach speak that he has gotten better on route running. Bradford and Rosen the new QB not sure if this is an upgrade to Palmer throwing to Nelson or not.

Peyton Barber (Bucs#2 rb) Bucs used high 2nd on Ron Jones II. Timeshare?? Goalline upside??

Josh Allen (Bills QB) I admit that I can be a QB addict and really we are talking a sweepstakes player here or lotto player. I don't think he could do much for my team right now with who I have on the roster right now but not much out there for QB's in the league. Should he hit would be a good trade asset. I read the most recent article on the homepage about winning the 3rd round and I can see an avenue for what the writer(Michael Zingone) was talking about but not sure if I can pull the trigger on Josh Allen and this is in the 5th round of my draft. He was the #7 player in the NFL draft so he has the draft capital but no path to starting over my current QB's on the roster and would be depth and injury insurance only and future trade asset at best and that is if he can play. If the league had a taxi squad this theory Michael talks about is very doable and in other leagues have had success flipping Qb's for more than I paid for them but not sure this fits for this league.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: OTC Last pick of draft. Last call!!

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:16 am

It’s between Barber and Allen for me. Switzer isn’t rosterable and I see nothin in JJ outside of incredibly deep best ball leagues. Barber could return value this season as an early down lead back, so I wouldn’t fault anyone for taking him with their last pick. However, I’d take Allen here. I like going with upside at the end of my bench and his upside far surpasses the other options.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:49 am

After a very long process and lots of internet and Youtube searches. I selected Josh Allen. I went upside big time over need somewhat. We are talking a mid 5th round pick here for the #7 overall pick. I think he's not as bad as advertised and the ceiling and upside are tremendous. Can't argue with that this late in the draft. Maybe the hardest 5th round dynasty selection I have made which made this pick a lot of fun. If it does not pan out....."Ehhhh"....It's the last pick of the draft for me.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:02 am

Allen would have been my pick too.

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am

osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:49 am After a very long process and lots of internet and Youtube searches. I selected Josh Allen. I went upside big time over need somewhat. We are talking a mid 5th round pick here for the #7 overall pick. I think he's not as bad as advertised and the ceiling and upside are tremendous. Can't argue with that this late in the draft. Maybe the hardest 5th round dynasty selection I have made which made this pick a lot of fun. If it does not pan out....."Ehhhh"....It's the last pick of the draft for me.
I personally would have chosen Barber, but Allen at this stage is a good choice and the way you rationalize it is spot on.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm

topher wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am
osubuckeyeman wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:49 am After a very long process and lots of internet and Youtube searches. I selected Josh Allen. I went upside big time over need somewhat. We are talking a mid 5th round pick here for the #7 overall pick. I think he's not as bad as advertised and the ceiling and upside are tremendous. Can't argue with that this late in the draft. Maybe the hardest 5th round dynasty selection I have made which made this pick a lot of fun. If it does not pan out....."Ehhhh"....It's the last pick of the draft for me.
I personally would have chosen Barber, but Allen at this stage is a good choice and the way you rationalize it is spot on.
I wanted both so I traded Eifert for the 5.12 and selected Barber. Eifert has been driving me mad for over 2 seasons and I think his back is chronic have not really been able to trade him for any value so I decided to offer Eifert for the 5.12 ironically the owner of the 5.12 is the Ronald Jones owner.