Trade for Aaron Jones or Dixon?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Trade for Aaron Jones or Dixon?

Postby Jcedwards » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:36 am

I’m looking for some added depth at RB. My first 4 RBs are good with Barkley, Kamara, Howard, and Mixon, with Breida and Corey Grant added as well.

I have 4 TEs (Burton, Njoku, ASJ, and Eifert). I currently have Njoku on the TAXI Squad, but I’d like to activate him, but we can only have 3 TEs on our active roster. So I am looking to move one (preferably ASJ or Eifert).

One guy has already approached me and said he’s interested in Eifert (he is a Kroft owner). Two of his players I am interested in are Dixon and Aaron Jones.

Is Eifert for Dixon straight up fair? Or something need to be added to my side or his side?

And is a 2nd (probably mid-late) plus Eifert enough for Jones or what would I need to add with Eifert?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Trade for Aaron Jones or Dixon?

Postby kaius » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 am

I think you offer Eifert for either guy straight up and don’t go too much over that since he approached you.
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:20 am

I would move Eifert for either one of those RB's. I personally like Jones more.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 am

First of all, these RBs aren’t comparable. Jones, while he doesn’t have tremendous value, has substantially more value than Dixon. If you could do Eifert for Jones straight up that would be a boon for you. I’d expect you to have to add or for the other owner to not be interested. He was probably looking to pay something like Dixon for a flier in Eifert. I’d take Eifert over Dixon though pretty easily
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:30 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 am First of all, these RBs aren’t comparable. Jones, while he doesn’t have tremendous value, has substantially more value than Dixon. If you could do Eifert for Jones straight up that would be a boon for you. I’d expect you to have to add or for the other owner to not be interested. He was probably looking to pay something like Dixon for a flier in Eifert. I’d take Eifert over Dixon though pretty easily
Oh I know they aren’t comparable. Jones is much better than Dixon. I’d have to give up a little more for Jones. But out of the guys lineup, those are 2 that I’m intrigued by (without having to give up way too much). I don’t really need a RB in return that will start immediately, but I would like a little depth at the position behind my 4 main RBs.

Guy has already made an offer of Eifert and my 2019 2nd round pick (probably late) for his Jones and 2020 2nd round pick (probably will end up mid to late- not that is makes too much of a difference now because it is still really early, but it would only leave me with 1 pick in next years draft).

Dixon is definitely cheaper and could be in a good position this year. May can do Eifert for Dixon straight up or can possibly get a pick in return. I don’t know yet on that one.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Honestly, I'd try for Dixon, especially if you can get a pick in return as well.

Reason being is that Green Bay seemed to ride 1 guy last year, until Monty got hurt. Then Jones/Williams got their shot at being bellcow, you honestly have 3 potential starters on that team, and an argument can be made for all 3 to have the 1st crack at it this year.

IMO, Dixon has a role no matter what as he was the projected starter of the Ravens last year, coaches got giddy over his explosiveness. If you need production to back up the hype, unfortunately all we have is his rookie year...he caught 30 balls in an injury shortened season where he really didn't get healthy til week 10...(got rolled up on by Haloti Ngata in preseason week 3 of his rookie season where he started that game and showed well) I know most people say the coaches lost trust in him since the suspension last year but what do the facts say? They didn't draft a RB where there was lots of depth in the rookie class and they had a bunch of picks. There projected starter in Alex Collins got resigned to a 1 year deal...that doesn't show a ton of confidence in him being their future. I believe Dixon has a very good chance to start games this year whether it's early in the season or later. I also believe he is the most talented RB on the team by a good margin and he is the only option the ravens have of being a 3 down back, but they tend to divvy up the backfield if they can...
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 am

Jcedwards wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:30 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 am First of all, these RBs aren’t comparable. Jones, while he doesn’t have tremendous value, has substantially more value than Dixon. If you could do Eifert for Jones straight up that would be a boon for you. I’d expect you to have to add or for the other owner to not be interested. He was probably looking to pay something like Dixon for a flier in Eifert. I’d take Eifert over Dixon though pretty easily
Oh I know they aren’t comparable. Jones is much better than Dixon. I’d have to give up a little more for Jones. But out of the guys lineup, those are 2 that I’m intrigued by (without having to give up way too much). I don’t really need a RB in return that will start immediately, but I would like a little depth at the position behind my 4 main RBs.

Guy has already made an offer of Eifert and my 2019 2nd round pick (probably late) for his Jones and 2020 2nd round pick (probably will end up mid to late- not that is makes too much of a difference now because it is still really early, but it would only leave me with 1 pick in next years draft).

Dixon is definitely cheaper and could be in a good position this year. May can do Eifert for Dixon straight up or can possibly get a pick in return. I don’t know yet on that one.
pounce on that deal you lose nothing and gain aaron jones.

check this out

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... lvin-cook/
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:33 am

Didn't want to do either one straight up, but these are the trades we have been discussing:

1.) Eifert and 2020 3rd for Dixon and 2020 2nd

2.) Eifert and 2019 2nd (probably late) for Jones and 2020 2nd (1 thing is that with this deal, I would only have a 1st round pick next year right now- which isn't that big of a deal because my roster is pretty loaded right now, plus it is still really early and I could probably grab a 2nd at some point)
Last edited by Jcedwards on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
TE- Goedert / Waller
K- Butker

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am

Warwick9 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:49 pm Honestly, I'd try for Dixon, especially if you can get a pick in return as well.

Reason being is that Green Bay seemed to ride 1 guy last year, until Monty got hurt. Then Jones/Williams got their shot at being bellcow, you honestly have 3 potential starters on that team, and an argument can be made for all 3 to have the 1st crack at it this year.

IMO, Dixon has a role no matter what as he was the projected starter of the Ravens last year, coaches got giddy over his explosiveness. If you need production to back up the hype, unfortunately all we have is his rookie year...he caught 30 balls in an injury shortened season where he really didn't get healthy til week 10...(got rolled up on by Haloti Ngata in preseason week 3 of his rookie season where he started that game and showed well) I know most people say the coaches lost trust in him since the suspension last year but what do the facts say? They didn't draft a RB where there was lots of depth in the rookie class and they had a bunch of picks. There projected starter in Alex Collins got resigned to a 1 year deal...that doesn't show a ton of confidence in him being their future. I believe Dixon has a very good chance to start games this year whether it's early in the season or later. I also believe he is the most talented RB on the team by a good margin and he is the only option the ravens have of being a 3 down back, but they tend to divvy up the backfield if they can...
I agree with this, I have the same thoughts on Dixon