Do I need a stud RB or should I kick up my feet?!?!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Do I need a stud RB or should I kick up my feet?!?!

Postby kaius » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am

skip wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 am
kaius wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 am Honestly, I JUST traded J Howard + for Julio
I'm a big fan of Julio but this move didn't make any sense. Why move Howard only to come back and need to replace him by moving a WR. Of all the names you suggested, only a couple of them would be upgrades to Howard.
Therein may lie the disconnect between us; I don’t see Howard as an elite all-around back like those other guys.

I saw this as an opportunity to upgrade my starting line up, youth and position be damned. I love Howard, but I don’t see him putting up more ppg than any one of CJA, Miller, Lynch, or possibly even Booker if he beats out Freeman. Howard is a good RB, but he’s right in line with those first 3 guys on a ppg basis, and I’m not worried about youth, I want to win.

That said, If I were to now package a deal for a RB, I would target one of these guys that provides more upside due to being more complete backs than Howard, considering ppr.

Or, you’re completely right. I’m open to that too. Either way, the question remains: stay put with this line up or go after a RB. Zeke and any of the 2018 1sts are possible also.
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:44 am

kaius wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am
skip wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 am
kaius wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 am Honestly, I JUST traded J Howard + for Julio
I'm a big fan of Julio but this move didn't make any sense. Why move Howard only to come back and need to replace him by moving a WR. Of all the names you suggested, only a couple of them would be upgrades to Howard.
Therein may lie the disconnect between us; I don’t see Howard as an elite all-around back like those other guys.

I saw this as an opportunity to upgrade my starting line up, youth and position be damned. I love Howard, but I don’t see him putting up more ppg than any one of CJA, Miller, Lynch, or possibly even Booker if he beats out Freeman. Howard is a good RB, but he’s right in line with those first 3 guys on a ppg basis, and I’m not worried about youth, I want to win.
I never called him elite but he is WELL above guys like CJA, Lynch and Booker...none of those guys are as good as Howard - it will take at least 2 of them combined to match his totals. I was referencing this list: Kamara, Freeman, Mixon, Cook, Hunt, Collins, Saquon, Ingram... Howard is better than Mixon, Cook, Collins and Ingram at a minimum. Going back and trading for any of those guys is basically taking one step forward (Julio) then more than a step back.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Chris10385
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chris10385 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:53 pm

You have 3 wr's that are move NOW. Move one of them and a 2019 2nd... 2019 is not gonna be a good RB class
Team 1
12 teams/7pt TDs/3pts ppr/4pts TE ppr/1pt ppc/
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE, WRT Flex,WT FLEX,WT Flex
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Brady, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Taylor, Zeke, AJones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Thielen, Juju, B. Edwards
TE: Goedert, Conklin, Cox, Parham, Everett
Picks: 2022 3rd, 2024 1st

Team 2
10 teams/6pts TDs/3pts ppr/1pt ppc/
Start 1QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,DEF,K
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Matt Ryan,Stafford
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jacobs, Hunt, Shady, Gore, Royce Freeman, Duke, Dixon, D. Harris, Love
WR: Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Crowder, Daesean Hamilton, Em. Sanders, AJ Brown
TE: Ebron, Gerald Everett, Olsen
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st,

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Since you just made the move to get the all-stud WR corps, I'd go with it - you can always deal in season if one of your other WRs makes a jump and you have more to deal from. Also - don't discount CJA or one of those others to outperform their current values.

You may as well go with this strategy, since none other have gotten you to the title yet! :lol:
-oo-

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kaius » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:30 pm

meineymoe wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:12 pm Since you just made the move to get the all-stud WR corps, I'd go with it - you can always deal in season if one of your other WRs makes a jump and you have more to deal from. Also - don't discount CJA or one of those others to outperform their current values.

You may as well go with this strategy, since none other have gotten you to the title yet! :lol:
-oo-
:lol:

CONVICTION!
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:13 pm

I get that you're excited about your team, especially your WR corps. And you should be. Add that to your QB stable in an SF league along with Gurley and Graham, and you have a great starting line-up.

But, I'd pump the brakes quite a bit. Are you THAT sure that your WR corps is top-to-bottom elite? I love AJG (I'm lower on Julio than most), but odds are that both have played their best fantasy football already. Gordon is a wild-card, and DT is an unknown. JuJu looked great; but starting him alongside AB every week isn't ideal (and if and when Big Ben misses some games...). Your depth is entirely speculative.

Don't get me wrong: You have an exceptional WR corps. But, I don't think that trading a top-end WR for a top-end RB solves your roster construction challenge. You'd have even more depth questions at WR and, while you would solidify your starting RB corps, your depth questions at RB would remain.

Essentially, you'd be making a lateral move without knowing whether, by mid-season, you'll be in more need of a WR or a RB.

*Exception: If you can use, say, AJG or Julio to get a guy like Zeke, that's one thing. Or if you're high on, say, Hunt or Gordon, then that's another. But, I would only move one of them for an RB that you are convinced is a bona fide young stud RB.

Another option: Look to trade some of your WR lottery tickets (Parker, Lockett, etc.) for picks in 2019. You can then use those picks in-season for veteran fill-ins if need be.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:38 pm

I'd wait until the end of the season. Your team is good enough to make playoffs as is. Make sure you get a top tier RB that is healthy come playoff time and target teams out of the playoffs. RB is too volatile in my opinion to target one at this time of year.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 pm

id offer dt and gordon......call it good. get a solid rb for that team.