Kupp or Parker poll

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Kupp or Parker poll

Kupp
76%
Parker
24%

Total votes: 68

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kupp or Parker poll

Postby Titans95 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am

Well Kupp is actually a good football player and Parker is not so its not really close to me...

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:53 am

Last 17 games with Tanny and Landry there Parker has something like 70-1000-5 and that's when he was being a idiot , Now he looks to be fully committed we heard the same thing last year but look how he started out with Cutler a top 15 WR until he got hurt he was on pace for around 95-1200-5.

Kupp is stuck in a offence with a huge amount of talent around him to feed and the D is probably the best in football now so there won't be as much passing.
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 am

parker. kupp isnt gonna be able to hit the levels parker is capable of and wont have the looks to be more relevant. he is stuck behind gurley and cooks in an offense that spreads the ball.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am Well Kupp is actually a good football player and Parker is not so its not really close to me...
what dont you like about Parkers game?
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am
Titans95 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 am Well Kupp is actually a good football player and Parker is not so its not really close to me...
Parker's pff grade 3rd year pro = 73.2 which is 53rd best.
Kupp Pff grade 81.3 as a rookie = 20th best in the league.

every single year there is another excuse and another reason to have a positive outlook at parker and every year he has been a disappointment for various reasons. all the reports coming out are so comical about him "Parker has really decided to take things serious this offseason" what a load of crap, if you arent a hard worker by the time you get to the NFL you probably never will be, especially you're 4th year in the NFL. I get he had a ton of draft pedigree coming into the league and had solid college tape but at a point you have to let the real production of the NFL affect your views on a player. I know we all have those guys we like to hang on to and tell ourselves they still have breakout potential(Sammy BABY!) but for me I'm done waiting on him. I get it if you really really like him like I like Sammy and would rather shoot for upside but Kupp has produced more than Parker has his rookie year than parker in 3, he may not have the upside but 80/1000/6 is a pretty solid statline for a WR3 like kupp which is way safer and than the 56/744/4 statline which is Parker's BEST year.

I realize not every player has a typical career arc and sometimes injuries derail their development. IF C. Davis STILL hasn't put together more than a string of 6 games of production by his 4th year I would probably be bailing ship as well and I'm the biggest Davis supporter out there. I love Sammy to death and I'm still a believer because he is the same age as Parker but actually put together an extremely solid Sophomore year before a foot injury where he was on pace to be the 7th overall WR in a stacked year of production. With that being said this is it for Sammy, if he doesn't produce this year then I'm absolutely jumping ship unless Aaron Rodgers magically starts throwing him the ball.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 am
Parker's pff grade = 73.2 which is 53rd best.

every single year there is another excuse and another reason to have a positive outlook at parker and every year he has been a disappointment for various reasons. all the reports coming out are so comical about him "Parker has really decided to take things serious this offseason" what a load of crap, if you arent a hard worker by the time you get to the NFL you probably never will be, especially you're 4th year in the NFL. I get he had a ton of draft pedigree coming into the league and had solid college tape but at a point you have to let the real production of the NFL affect your views on a player. I know we all have those guys we like to hang on to and tell ourselves they still have breakout potential(Sammy BABY!) but for me I'm done waiting on him. I get it if you really really like him like I like Sammy and would rather shoot for upside but Kupp has produced more than Parker has his rookie year than parker in 3, he may not have the upside but 80/1000/6 is a pretty solid statline for a WR3 like kupp which is way safer and than the 56/744/4 statline which is Parker's BEST year.
Your not reading between the lines though , He was real productive his last 17 games with Tanny while Landry was there is around 70-1050-5 and he started off a top 15 WR last year with Cutler and Landry there until he got hurt. I get people are mad at him because he probably burned them but I just look at he had almost 100 targets in 12 games last year for 56-670 in 16 games he would have ended up with around 125 targets 75-900 with Landry and Cutler there.

Now Landry's 160 targets are gone and bum Cutler is gone so by process of elimination I would think he ends up with a minm. of 20 of the 160 targets gone which puts him at about 145 targets and if he catches %60 at a 13.7 ypc rate it would be around 90-1200.

That's just my opinion I really do think he explodes this year and becomes a top 10-15 WR
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:03 am

I realize not every player has a typical career arc and sometimes injuries derail their development. IF C. Davis STILL hasn't put together more than a string of 6 games of production by his 4th year I would probably be bailing ship as well and I'm the biggest Davis supporter out there. I love Sammy to death and I'm still a believer because he is the same age as Parker but actually put together an extremely solid Sophomore year before a foot injury where he was on pace to be the 7th overall WR in a stacked year of production. With that being said this is it for Sammy, if he doesn't produce this year then I'm absolutely jumping ship unless Aaron Rodgers magically starts throwing him the ball.
so what you dont like about his game is his pro football focus grade?
team 1
Dak , Herbert
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks

team 2
12 team .5ppr
Fields, Dak
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:03 am

so what you dont like about his game is his pro football focus grade?
I don't like his stats, I don't like his injuries/character issues, I dont like his team, I don't like his QB, I don't like how he failed to take lead from a slot receiver, I don't like he hasn't eclipsed 800 yards in 3 years, I don't really feel like digging into Parkers advanced metric stats that show mediocrity when the pff grade is more or less a summary of all of that.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am

Your not reading between the lines though , He was real productive his last 17 games with Tanny while Landry was there is around 70-1050-5 and he started off a top 15 WR last year with Cutler and Landry there until he got hurt. I get people are mad at him because he probably burned them but I just look at he had almost 100 targets in 12 games last year for 56-670 in 16 games he would have ended up with around 125 targets 75-900 with Landry and Cutler there.

Now Landry's 160 targets are gone and bum Cutler is gone so by process of elimination I would think he ends up with a minm. of 20 of the 160 targets gone which puts him at about 145 targets and if he catches %60 at a 13.7 ypc rate it would be around 90-1200.

That's just my opinion I really do think he explodes this year and becomes a top 10-15 WR
That's a fair argument and I've heard it before, I make similar arguments for Sammy but Parker just isn't someone I believe in, if he fails to breakout once again are we going to be looking at all the positives next year or is his value going to be absolutely nothing?

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

That's a fair argument and I've heard it before, I make similar arguments for Sammy but Parker just isn't someone I believe in, if he fails to breakout once again are we going to be looking at all the positives next year or is his value going to be absolutely nothing?
If he don't breakout this year he is DONE for good same goes for Sammy no more excuses after this year.
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 am
Titans95 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

If he don't breakout this year he is DONE for good same goes for Sammy no more excuses after this year.
EXACTLY. I am probably a little too harsh on Parker considering how defensive I am of Sammy even thought the people through with Sammy are very justifiable. With that being said unless I have 3 STUD WR's that I can afford a bust in Parker I would rather go for the WR that's coming off a solid rookie campaign on one of the best offenses. I get they spread the ball around last year but Kupp was extremely good, I feel safer with his target share than I do for Woods or Cooks.

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

Parker's a bust

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am

Kupp = early 2nd, Parker = mid 2nd
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm not even that high on Kupp, but I'd much rather have him over Parker.