OBJ for Barkley

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: OBJ for Barkley

Postby NFL-ons » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 pm
Never Veto wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 pm
keebs3 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:07 pm

You'd be losing more on your WR side than you'd be gaining on the RB side. You already have two stud RB's- so Saquon would be in your flex. Thielen should regress this year and Arob hasn't proven he can get back to his form from 2 years ago.
Granted RB's are harder to come by- I think you would be really crippling your WR's. And all this is assuming Barkley hits his ceiling. If he plays to around the Dalvin Cook/Hunt level this deal isn't that close. Would you trade OBJ for Hunt?

You said you are good at getting WR's in the past, but that is no guarantee that you'll be able to do it again this year. You said it yourself, you've one two years in a row- one Without Beckham... Why mess with it?
Very well put, you’ve convinced me. Especially with the Hunt for OBJ comparison.
It takes people longer to come all the way around on later picks like Hunt. With Barkley's hype, if he has a Hunt-like rookie year then he will be worth 3 OBJs in dynasty circles this time next year.
This

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 am

kaius wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 am Barkley will he had for much cheaper this time next season, and it will have nothing to do with his talent.
And this

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 am

Wow, can't believe we made it all the way to discussing Barkley for OBJ. I knew that hype train had some steam, but surely this will never be surpassed.

Anyway, if you somehow knew for sure that 2019 1st would be 1.01, and yours would be bottom, I might do it. But if course you can't know that, so not close.

To progress beyond this point we have to start discussing theoreticals, like "would you give Saquan for 1989 Barry Sanders?"

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:07 pm

If this is Barkley and Harry for OBJ plus 1.12 then I would consider the Barkley side. OBJ has started his career with 3 stud seasons, and was on pace for a 4th. I think we need to stop with the Quon hysterics