Opinions on team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Opinions on team

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:03 am

Team and league in sig. Going into the second overall year in this league, my start-up draft was.....frustraing. First round exit last year without Luck/Tanny, I basically played Cutler/Hundley in my super flex spot. So far this off-season I've added Chubb, Rosen, Miller, Ballage, Lauletta through the rookie draft. Added TY, Demaryius, Merideth and Brissett through trade. Added Burton :thumbup: , Allison, Breida, Yeldon through waivers. Thinking of dropping Carlos, Snead, Treadwell or Brown for Blake Jarwin. Jarwin might give me a nice trade asset if he wins the starting job. I am actively pursuing trades for an RB, offering my 2019 1st and/or Demaryius....no takers yet.

Overall thoughts, ideas....I'll take em. Thanks.
10tm Superflex-Start 2TE Dynasty, 0.5ppr, 34 man rosters w/2IR slots
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1(QB, RB, WR, TE), 1(RB, WR, TE)

QB's: Mahomes, LJax, Garoppolo, Huntley, Minshew, O'Connell
RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins
TE's: Goedert, Waller, LaPorta, Schultz, J. Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Granson

2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2023 :thumbdown:
2021 League Champ :dance:
2020 2nd place
2019 League Champ :dance:
2018 League Champ :dance:

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Opinions on team

Postby topher » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:48 am

I would probably drop Carlos or Hollins for Jarwin. I do think you're ok at TE with 6, but in a start 2 TE, I can see your logic with picking up a potential flip candidate.

Agreed that you could use an RB upgrade and DT would probably be my choice to move also.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 am

Drop Hollins
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Checker1183
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Checker1183 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 am

topher wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:48 am I would probably drop Carlos or Hollins for Jarwin. I do think you're ok at TE with 6, but in a start 2 TE, I can see your logic with picking up a potential flip candidate.

Agreed that you could use an RB upgrade and DT would probably be my choice to move also.
100%. Id drop Hollins

Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Checker1183 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 am
topher wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:48 am I would probably drop Carlos or Hollins for Jarwin. I do think you're ok at TE with 6, but in a start 2 TE, I can see your logic with picking up a potential flip candidate.

100%. Id drop Hollins
Okay, sounds good. Any other thoughts regarding the team overall? We will see but I might not be able to acquire a RB until after the season starts.

RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins

2020 2nd place

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 am

IMO, no reason to rush to acquire a RB. When you have a team primed to compete, you have no idea what might derail you. Maybe one of your top WRs goes down in the pre-season. Or maybe Collins surprises and improves on last year's numbers while Chubb gets 65% of the carries.

At this point, it looks like DT is your starting flex player. I wouldn't be so quick to move him.

You don't have TONS of depth overall -- great starting line-up (GREAT!) and some intriguing assets. But, not a lot of players at most positions where, if a starter goes down or is having a down year, you can plug-and-play and feel comfortable. Add in that, in terms of future picks, you have a 2019 1st but no second, and your ammo in picks to trade is limited, as well.

So, unless you get an offer that is too good not to take, I wouldn't actively be looking to do anything*. You might be solving one problem by creating a bigger problem down the road.

*Exception: If you have a valued asset that you are not high on (e.g., if you think that DT is done or the Engram had the best season of his career already), then do feel free to move them for a player of equal perceived value elsewhere, thereby ridding yourself of a player that you're not high on for another equally-valued player that you are high on. Otherwise, wait to see what you need.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm

moishetreats wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 am IMO, no reason to rush to acquire a RB. When you have a team primed to compete, you have no idea what might derail you. Maybe one of your top WRs goes down in the pre-season. Or maybe Collins surprises and improves on last year's numbers while Chubb gets 65% of the carries.

At this point, it looks like DT is your starting flex player. I wouldn't be so quick to move him.

You don't have TONS of depth overall -- great starting line-up (GREAT!) and some intriguing assets. But, not a lot of players at most positions where, if a starter goes down or is having a down year, you can plug-and-play and feel comfortable. Add in that, in terms of future picks, you have a 2019 1st but no second, and your ammo in picks to trade is limited, as well.

So, unless you get an offer that is too good not to take, I wouldn't actively be looking to do anything*. You might be solving one problem by creating a bigger problem down the road.

*Exception: If you have a valued asset that you are not high on (e.g., if you think that DT is done or the Engram had the best season of his career already), then do feel free to move them for a player of equal perceived value elsewhere, thereby ridding yourself of a player that you're not high on for another equally-valued player that you are high on. Otherwise, wait to see what you need.
Thanks, appreciate those thoughts. Just got offered my Engram for his Guice. The Guice owner has Everett at TE.....maybe that would be a nice deal for me.

2020 2nd place

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Team looks good. Doesn't really matter which guy you drop. Wait till the season starts and DT has a couple if good games before you try to move him.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:03 am

good team, i would maybe sell a qb for a rb if possible. maybe brees to a contender.

i wouldnt tinker too much tho
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 am

Oh Yeah Leon wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm
moishetreats wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 am IMO, no reason to rush to acquire a RB. When you have a team primed to compete, you have no idea what might derail you. Maybe one of your top WRs goes down in the pre-season. Or maybe Collins surprises and improves on last year's numbers while Chubb gets 65% of the carries.

Thanks, appreciate those thoughts. Just got offered my Engram for his Guice. The Guice owner has Everett at TE.....maybe that would be a nice deal for me.
Don't take that deal, there's other cheaper options out there and Engram is your TE1. Hang on tight to him. Go after someone like Lamar Miller. He's cheap and puts up 12-15 a week, could help help win a couple games while you wait for Chubb to overtake Hyde
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 am

Oh Yeah Leon wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm

You're welcome!

Easy pass in a start-two TE league.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --